Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
usa hoops
Serious playground baller

usa hoops has decent reputation
Default Who will be the best QB 5 years from now?

I'm sure Tom Brady and Petyon Manning will be long gone.

Ely Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees will be at the tail end. Flacco might still be at a high level.

The new era of QBs will all be in their prime: Russell Wilson, Kapernick, RG3, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Johny Manziel will be there.
usa hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who will be the best QB 5 years from now?

In 5 years Rodgers will be in his prime...I'll roll with him

"Ely"?...really?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
usa hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
In 5 years Rodgers will be in his prime...I'll roll with him

"Ely"?...really?

2 rings.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Rodgers. Kaepernick will probably be up there as well.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eli has two rings but he's never been as good of a QB as Rodgers. The correct answer here is Aaron Rodgers. He's not even 30, yet. Brady and Manning are in their mid/late 30s and they're still elite. No reason to think Rodgers won't still be elite in 5 years. Eli will be 37 in 5 years. He could still be elite or close to elite, though.

After that, it'll be interesting to gauge the progression of Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Then you've got the young crop of guys like Kaepernick, Newton, Luck, Griffin, and Wilson. I don't think any of them will be as good or better than Rodgers, but there's a chance some from that group could catch and surpass Ryan and Flacco.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rodgers and Luck. Hopefully RGIII will stay healthy and be a beast but I'm not convinced.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Eli is not as good as Rodgers and he's older so no, not Eli. (It's not ELY btw, serious? ELY?)

I'll go with Luck.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #8
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

RG3
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #9
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can see him losing a bit of athleticism.

I can see him losing a little bit of strength if he gets injured.

But Aaron Rodgers will always be able to get the ball out of his hands in like .0000001 seconds. Every single time I watch him play he just makes throwing the ball look so easy, he flicks his wrist and it's on it's way.

I think he has great potential to be in the GOAT discussion talent wise. Still the best QB in the game and I think 5 from now he will remain as such.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa hoops
2 rings.

Pretty sure he was criticizing the fact that you called him "Ely"

My answer is Rodgers.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Kaepernick
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #12
usa hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
Pretty sure he was criticizing the fact that you called him "Ely"

My answer is Rodgers.

Take off the college professor hat, people. I'm not turning in an essay for grading. You act as if I'm the first one to ever misspell someone's last name. I also misspelled Kaepernick's last name at first, but no one caught it.

At any rate, don't let a misspelling take away from the point of the question.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa hoops
Take off the college professor hat, people. I'm not turning in an essay for grading. You act as if I'm the first one to ever misspell someone's last name. I also misspelled Kaepernick's last name at first, but no one caught it.

At any rate, don't let a misspelling take away from the point of the question.

It's just stupid that you got something like that wrong when his name is thrown around all throughout the football season for the years Eli has been in the NFL.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #14
usa hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
It's just stupid that you got something like that wrong when his name is thrown around all throughout the football season for the years Eli has been in the NFL.

I'm not a NY Giants fan, and don't follow him that closely.

Besides, I have met quite a few people who write their name as Ely. I'm yet to met anyone who spells his own name as Eli.

Again, you're all making a huge deal about a misspelling of someone's name.

People in this site regularly misspell Lamar Odom's name as Odum.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

In 5 years Rodgers will be well on his way to GOAT status.

So I'm going with Chad Henne.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: