Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What player do you want your team to pursue the most?

Anyone have that one FA they are targeting? Me, as a Giant fan basically it's our own guys. In terms of other teams players that might get let go for cap reasons i'd like Gore to join our RB rotation.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board
Default Re: What player do you want your team to pursue the most?

I don't really care who, but I'd be really happy if the Lions let Avril walk and pursued a defensive end FA (while hopefully also drafting one in the first round).
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

I'm curious what the asking price will be for Jermichael Finley if he's released (due a roster bonus). Stated it's 50/50 if he comes back. Were his stats a product of being in a "sharing" offensive system, or was he playing poorly? Comments from his coach would suggest it was his play more than the system but he has obvious talent. I'd be intrigued with a Finley/Celek 2-tight-end system on the field. Jared Cook also an option here. Kelly supposedly liked Vance McDonald at the Senior Bowl though so it'll likely be upgraded through the draft.

Anthony Spencer could be an option. I don't know what plans are for a 3-4 linebacking crew. Cole/Graham are small DE's, do they switch to OLB's? Does Kendricks move inside with Ryans? Spencer likely won't be back in Dallas if they switch to 4-3, right? You could strengthen your own team while weakening an opponent here, but depends on plans for OLB.

Aquib Talib, Sean Smith, and Cary Williams will need to be looked at to improve the secondary. Dashon Goldson I'd love, but he's a west coast guy from what I can tell and see no reason he would come.

The biggest need will be a 3-4 NT, and the draft is the only place I see that available. If I have to pick 1 player from the above mentioned, I'd say Goldson, but like I said that's unlikely.

The team needs nastyness.

Star Lotulelei was the NT I was referencing in the draft. Kelly speaks fondly of him here.

Last edited by StateProperty : 02-08-2013 at 09:17 AM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As for Philly:

He played in a spread option in college and basically was a smart Kaepernick without the athletic tools coming in(still ran a 4.70 though)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I'm curious what the asking price will be for Jermichael Finley if he's released (due a roster bonus). Stated it's 50/50 if he comes back. Were his stats a product of being in a "sharing" offensive system, or was he playing poorly? Comments from his coach would suggest it was his play more than the system but he has obvious talent. I'd be intrigued with a Finley/Celek 2-tight-end system on the field. Jared Cook also an option here. Kelly supposedly liked Vance McDonald at the Senior Bowl though so it'll likely be upgraded through the draft.

Anthony Spencer could be an option. I don't know what plans are for a 3-4 linebacking crew. Cole/Graham are small DE's, do they switch to OLB's? Does Kendricks move inside with Ryans? Spencer likely won't be back in Dallas if they switch to 4-3, right? You could strengthen your own team while weakening an opponent here, but depends on plans for OLB.

Aquib Talib, Sean Smith, and Cary Williams will need to be looked at to improve the secondary. Dashon Goldson I'd love, but he's a west coast guy from what I can tell and see no reason he would come.

The biggest need will be a 3-4 NT, and the draft is the only place I see that available. If I have to pick 1 player from the above mentioned, I'd say Goldson, but like I said that's unlikely.

The team needs nastyness.

Star Lotulelei was the NT I was referencing in the draft. Kelly speaks fondly of him here.

Taking Star would be a great start to build that front seven.

Having a space eater and pocket pusher like Star and then someone like Fletcher at end who can provide pressure....and both are easily versatile enough to play 4-3 DT when they go to dime and nickle packages.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

radio show this morning predicted the Chiefs to take Star #1 overall

just someone's guess though...most mocks have Geno or Luke going #1

saw a mock today that had Geno going #4 to the Eagles...that would turn heads
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: