Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
MtMutombo
I airball my layups

MtMutombo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nets & Bobcats for some reason discussing Humphries for Gordon trade

Cus Kobe dunked on him. He's gotta go. Dude's life is in disarray. Gets no respect in the locker room. Finances have fallen apart. Kim RT'd the vid too. Humphries is a lonely night away from eating a tub of vaseline. Dude needs serious help. Get him out of brooklyn.
MtMutombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Nets & Bobcats for some reason discussing Humphries for Gordon trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
You're really overselling Gordon. His moment came and went with Chicago several years ago. He's a solid player off the bench but he's not a "scoring monster" nor will he ever be again. He's ok. He'd be better than the 200 year old men manning the backup guards for the nets but so would Marshon if they'd just let him play 15 minutes a game every game.

The problem with Evans is in the playoffs teams are going to play off him to double Lopez. Miami specifically ignores him on defense except to box out. I think having a change up in Hump would be beneficial, or even more beneficial a better starting 4 so Evans can be the guy off the bench and not be relied on as much.

Don't think so. Gordon may never get back to quite the level of before, but he still has too many games where you can see he's still got the game. You play him off the bench for 30MPG and I think he could get you 20PPG.

Marshon is probably more of a starter than a 6th man...and the fact is that he isn't getting those minutes and is unlikely to get them. I'd move into the starting lineup and I'd move Wallace to the 4 and Johnson to the 3. Won't happen, but I'd do it.

The Nets aren't playing great but, other than Evans, every guy in that lineup is a good offensive player and can get their own shot. Evans isn't a problem. Having Humphries as the alternative for the starting lineup isn't any kind of alternative. At least Evans knows his limitations.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #18
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Breaking News:

Bobcats and Nets are bored.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I agree that Evans is better (and cheaper), defense and rebounding to balance Brook's lack on the defensive side.

I guess I could understand them wanting to move him, but they could do better than Ben Gordon. Gordon is going down hill.

Problem is that Humphries is worth half of the contract they gave him...at most. They shouldn't rush into Gordon, but I'd make that trade if there wasn't another one.

Quote:
This. He was supposed to be used with pieces for Millsap or something like that and instead he's going for Gordon.

They're not worth Paul Millsap tho.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #20
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I reckon Ben would start because the Nets starting unit is composed horrendously. They have two starting forwards ( Gerald and Reggie) that other teams don't have to worry about scoring. Therefore opposing teams plant themselves in the paint and completely close driving lanes and double team quicker than usual. Ben would space the floor with his 41% 3 point shooting and immensely help transition if Reggie cones off the bench.

This is not what may happen but is ultimately the best case for Ben. Reggie is better suited coming off the bench because him and Gerald cannot be on the court at the same time.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #21
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #22
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I reckon Ben would start because the Nets starting unit is composed horrendously. They have two starting forwards ( Gerald and Reggie) that other teams don't have to worry about scoring. Therefore opposing teams plant themselves in the paint and completely close driving lanes and double team quicker than usual. Ben would space the floor with his 41% 3 point shooting and immensely help transition if Reggie cones off the bench.

This is not what may happen but is ultimately the best case for Ben. Reggie is better suited coming off the bench because him and Gerald cannot be on the court at the same time.

Wallace can mostly certainly score and get his own shot, too. He's not showing it this season, but he mostly certainly has the ability. And Gordon is not a good fit for the starting lineup, with or without Brooks on the team.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #23
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Wallace can mostly certainly score and get his own shot, too. He's not showing it this season, but he mostly certainly has the ability. And Gordon is not a good fit for the starting lineup, with or without Brooks on the team.
I know Wallace can score but every Nets fan has faced the harsh reality that the first thing he will do when he touches the ball is play hot potato. He doesn't even look to score. Except for the last two weeks, I've watched every Nets game and let me tell you that Evans and Wallace are a atrocious combo. Deron is in a complete season long funk and Joe is pretty inconsistent. That leaves Brook as the only starter capable of consistently scoring. Like I said, it may not go down but I personally believe Ben should start if the deal goes down.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #24
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
I know Wallace can score but every Nets fan has faced the harsh reality that the first thing he will do when he touches the ball is play hot potato. He doesn't even look to score. Except for the last two weeks, I've watched every Nets game and let me tell you that Evans and Wallace are a atrocious combo. Deron is in a complete season long funk and Joe is pretty inconsistent. That leaves Brook as the only starter capable of consistently scoring. Like I said, it may not go down but I personally believe Ben should start if the deal goes down.

If Humphries was traded and Brooks was kept, wouldn't it be better to start Brooks?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #25
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
If Humphries was traded and Brooks was kept, wouldn't it be better to start Brooks?
I don't know if it would be better but starting Brooks is an extremely viable option as well and one that I approve. My problem is I don't want Crash and Evans starting together because Crash has pretty much told Nets that he is going to focus 100% on defense and play hot potato on offense.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #26
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Why do the Nets seem to hate Humphries so much?

chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #27
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Why do the Nets seem to hate Humphries so much?
I like Hump but we have an exact replica of him in Reggie Evans at a fraction of the price. Ones got to go.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I like Hump but we have an exact replica of him in Reggie Evans at a fraction of the price. Ones got to go.

Because why? To lean more on Evans and Blatche. To play Lopez more minutes?

I'd love this, essentially the huge advantage the Nets have over the Knicks (size) would be reduced and replaced with an undersized backup guard.

Very lateral move, doesn't really improve the Nets much at all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #29
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Because why? To lean more on Evans and Blatche. To play Lopez more minutes?

I'd love this, essentially the huge advantage the Nets have over the Knicks (size) would be reduced and replaced with an undersized backup guard.

Very lateral move, doesn't really improve the Nets much at all.
We also have Mirza ( which hof coach pop called out nets for not utilizing Mirza properly) nets want to give him 8-12 MPG as well.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #30
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So this move basically saves the Bobcats 1,5 million? Eh, chump change by NBA standards, but I'd take it. Maybe try to get the Nets to throw in a 2nd rounder or something, since they have most to gain from this trade at face value.

Kris Humphries sucks though. It's no surprise to see him put up less than half of his last season numbers now that the Nets have stopped playing for the lottery.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: