Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
Budadiiii
Budadiiii

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Is LeBron the greatest athlete of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
That's kinda a crazy thing to say.

Even if he was the nation's top WR as a WR his senior year of high school, he wouldn't be guaranteed to be at Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson's, and Larry Fitzgerald's level in the National Football League.

And he wasn't number one in the nation. He was apparently one of the best WR's in his state...and there are 50 states.
Yes but.... Football was never his main sport and he stopped playing after his sophomore season if I'm not mistaken....

Imagine if it was his main sport and dedicated himself the same way he did towards basketball...

all hypotheticals but I bet football was just a leisure activity for him.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #32
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

negged.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
The Iron Fist
Great college starter

The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
Excelling in other sports doesn't = better athlete anyways dude.

Sports have specific skill sets you develop in order to succeed. Not necessarily athletic traits. You mean to tell me playing BASEBALL at a high level = better athlete? Dude that's a skill driven sport. Again, stupid argument.

Name a guy with the size/strength/speed/stamina/coordination/durability/instincts that LeBron has.

He almost wins by default because he's so big and doesn't give up much speed while being much bigger and stronger than the Bo Jackson's of the world. And then add in the the god damn coordination/explosiveness/agility

He has everything and displays it much more than any football player ever has.
Bo Jax was an all star with the best players of his era, and an all pro with the best players of his era. Michael Jordan tried baseball and didn't do shit. Dave Winfield was drafted by the three major sports leagues in america. Just because an athlete is gifted at one sport, doesn't mean he will excel at others because hes big and fast. Some of the best baseball players of all time weren't the fastest or strongest because thats a sport that requires incredible hand/eye coordination. So no, he doesn't almost win by default when there have been better athletes in history.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #34
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well then an NFL safety or running back is going to easily beat Lebron in this. They are faster, stronger, and many will be able to match Lebron's vertical. It's no contest.

Specifically who?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #35
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Buddaii argues his point worse than anybody i've seen

idk if this nikka could convince me the sky was blue
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #36
Budadiiii
Budadiiii

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Huh?

So now we are discussing athletic traits in the purest form of the word?

Well then an NFL safety or running back is going to easily beat Lebron in this. They are faster, stronger, and many will be able to match Lebron's vertical. It's no contest.
Stronger? No. Faster with a ratio to their height and weight? No. Vertical? Even if they do, LeBron is much taller and bigger wingspan so again they don't match up ratio wise. Like I said, LeBron wins by default because of his size and the fact that is doesn't deduct other traits as much as it should set him a part.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #37
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Huh?

So now we are discussing athletic traits in the purest form of the word?

Only agree with a few safety and barely a few RBs. Just because they can deliver blows to players on their blind sides with gear on does not make them stronger. And lebron has them beat on the Endurance department and not even close when factoring his measurements (weight/height)
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #38
Budadiiii
Budadiiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Buddaii argues his point worse than anybody i've seen

idk if this nikka could convince me the sky was blue
I'm well aware of this. I'm terrible at explaining my point over the internet

It doesn't help that I'm baked either
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #39
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Specifically who?

I haven't even been watching much football lately, but off the top of my head...

Peterson: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2007&genpos=RB

6'1 217 lbs
40 time: 4.37
Max Bench press is apparently 350 lbs
38 inch vertical leap

Patrick Willis: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...007&genpos=ILB

6'1 242 lbs
40 time: 4.37 as well
Can bench press 225 lbs for 22 reps
39 inch vertical leap
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #40
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
I'm well aware of this. I'm terrible at explaining my point over the internet

It doesn't help that I'm baked either

i feel you man
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #41
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

And it doesn't just have to be a super-star NFL RB or Safety.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/89

Here are some no name NFL players:

Damario Davis, LB, 6'2'' 235 lbs

40 time: 4.61
Vertical leap: 38.5
Bench press 225 lbs: 32 times

Nigel Bradham, LB, 6'2'' 241 lbs

40 time: 4.64
Vertical leap: 37.0
Bench press 225 lbs: 24 times
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #42
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
And it doesn't just have to be a super-star NFL RB or Safety.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/89

Here are some no name NFL players:

Damario Davis, LB, 6'2'' 235 lbs

40 time: 4.61
Vertical leap: 38.5
Bench press 225 lbs: 32 times

Nigel Bradham, LB, 6'2'' 241 lbs

40 time: 4.64
Vertical leap: 37.0
Bench press 225 lbs: 24 times
Unless bench pressing is the only thing you factor for strength I don't see how both of those beat lebron in athleticism along with the fact those 3 are not the only variables for athleticism
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #43
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Unless bench pressing is the only thing you factor for strength I don't see how both of those beat lebron in athleticism along with the fact those 3 are not the only variables for athleticism

I'm sure those freak of natures can also squat a hell of a lot too. And curl. And military press.

I just listed bench pressing 225 lbs because that's one of the things every player does at the draft combine.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #44
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hard to compare athletes then and now, but Jim Thorpe has to be in the conversation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe

Quote:
Considered one of the most versatile athletes of modern sports, he won Olympic gold medals for the 1912 pentathlon and decathlon, played American football (collegiate and professional), and also played professional baseball and basketball.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #45
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Bo Jackson by far. The guy who said Tmac and Lebron were equal is beyond stupid.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: