Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #16
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
mj got his lunch money taken by the bad boy pistons. imagine what they would do to lebron

With his soft ass. There wouldn't be any refs to hide behind. Back in the day, he'd feel like a lost child.

Especially with all the hype he got, since High school. Guys would be gunning for him on a nightly basis.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #17
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
and you're into that? And lebron was bombarding them from the perimeter and 4-5 something the GOAT wasn't really well at with his treys. Good luck getting a guy to meet him at the rim when he's shooting like that

Same thing. There were guys like Vernon Maxwell that would straight up punch you in the stomach if you went off on him. Or do little cheap shit that would get you technicals, and thrown out of the game now a days.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #18
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Believe me, I'm not even talking about hand checking, etc. I'm primarily talking about enforcers that would make sure you'd think twice, if you were going off on them.

You even had guard enforcers like a Vernon Maxwell, that would literally start a fight with you, if you were owning his team. Or do super dirty things that would get you off your game.

With Lebron's mentality, would he be able to deal with that, without wilting?
People over blow this. You act like he couldn't defend himself. If MJ could so could lebron. What mentality right now are you talking about exactly?
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
Jax
Great young streetballer

Jax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I feel sorry for the defender that tries to hit Lebron.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #20
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Same thing. There were guys like Vernon Maxwell that would straight up punch you in the stomach if you went off on him. Or do little cheap shit that would get you technicals, and thrown out of the game now a days.
LeBron has gotten molested several times this year. I'm serious I'll show the videos But yes if players are using cheap tactics like that than how is that really a pleasure to watch? Only bitches do that shit, certainly nothing alpha or manly about that. Rose would cry to his mom if cheap shit like that was still here. It's good they took ***** shit like that from the game
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #21
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarumorz
Gotta hate the pricks known as "Heat Fans"

Stadium is dead quiet as game end and 90% empty. Seriously so spoiled they get bored if they are leading by too much. Shameful.

Yeah we suck. Move the team.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #22
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
People over blow this. You act like he couldn't defend himself. If MJ could so could lebron. What mentality right now are you talking about exactly?

Just his cry baby mentality. He just isn't a killer to me. Trust me, I hate Kobetards, and I'm not one, but, even Kobe was a tough dude. He'd straight up fight you, or wouldn't cry like a little girl, when he gets intentionally ****ed with. Guys like MJ, Stockton, list goes on and on.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #23
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

So what. Lebron's 6'9 250 lbs. Bring it on.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #24
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
LeBron has gotten molested several times this year. I'm serious I'll show the videos But yes if players are using cheap tactics like that than how is that really a pleasure to watch? Only bitches do that shit, certainly nothing alpha or manly about that. Rose would cry to his mom if cheap shit like that was still here. It's good they took ***** shit like that from the game

My point wasn't that I enjoy watching that stuff. My point was, he doesn't have to go through the mental stress of stuff like that, like an MJ had to go through. Even Kobe had to go through the fire. Then the league got all tech/whistle/toss you out the game, and fine you, happy.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #25
tikay0
Banned

I get that he's a big dude, but he's also a friendly giant.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #26
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The league is soft as cotton now a days. I know this is old news, but back in the day, if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, and make sure he thought twice about driving. Or a player on the opposing team that would check him with some cheap/dirty tactics.

Now a days, there's none of that. If you do, you're out of the game, and get suspended.

That reason alone prevents him from being the G.O.A.T.

Remember, back in the day, there were teams trying to take MJ's head off from the opening tip.

Players have it too easy these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
Didn't he go 13/13 at one point in the nba final nobody met him at the rim?

jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #27
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Who wants to challenge LeTank at the rim? They'll be the one ending up on their ass.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #28
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip

When I say meet him at the rim, I don't mean someone contesting his shot, and also body checking him. I mean someone straight up cracking him in his head, or elbowing him. Like some intentional, "OH MY GOD, DID HE JUST DO THAT!?" type shit. Something that would be blown up on Sportscenter all ****in day, but would be normal back then.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #29
tikay0
Banned

I should have chosen my words wiser. I should have said, someone being at the rim, and undercutting him, or elbowing him in the face/chest/stomach. Some egregious type foul by today's standards.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #30
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Oh, yeah, back when people cheated, and endangered the good health and long careers of other players, because those players were better than them and beating them.

Back when people countered skill and beauty with anger and force.

The good old days.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: