Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #31
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Funny that you say that, tikay0. I was just thinking about how this Heat team would play under the old rules / era where physicality and handchecking was LEGAL.

NY, Indy, Portland, Utah ... Who wouldn't wanna watch those old Bulls teams lay into these "champions"
LeBron would have to become a strict post player. If there is hand check, he doesn't have the quickness or foot speed to be a face up off the dribble type of player. At least not as he's been since 2010. He'd morph into an actual PF. That's for starters.

No more flops, Wade and even sometimes Bron would look like dramatically different players. I'd also like to see their intensity to drive, when players like Lambier, Rodman, Oakley, Mason, McDaniel and equally brawny sized guys have nothing to loose and are willing to lay you out if you come to the rim.

That would be the true measure of heart, right there. You get one physical play to creep into a star's head and it is psychological warfare making people think twice about driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgOhUELRrRg
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #32
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Oh, yeah, back when people cheated, and endangered the good health and long careers of other players, because those players were better than them and beating them.

Back when people countered skill and beauty with anger and force.

The good old days.

Exactly. MJ had to play through that. Hence, why I would never, ever consider LBJ the G.O.A.T.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #33
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
I should have chosen my words wiser. I should have said, someone being at the rim, and undercutting him, or elbowing him in the face/chest/stomach. Some egregious type foul by today's standards.

yes the only way to try to stop Lebron is trying to injure him
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #34
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
LeBron would have to become a strict post player. If there is hand check, he doesn't have the quickness or foot speed to be a face up off the dribble type of player. At least not as he's been since 2010. He'd morph into an actual PF. That's for starters.

No more flops, Wade and even sometimes Bron would look like dramatically different players. I'd also like to see their intensity to drive, when players like Lambier, Rodman, Oakley, Mason, McDaniel and equally brawny sized guys have nothing to loose and are willing to lay you out if you come to the rim.

That would be the true measure of heart, right there. You get one physical play to creep into a star's head and it is psychological warfare making people think twice about driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgOhUELRrRg

Could not have said it any better my good sir.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #35
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
yes the only way to try to stop Lebron is trying to injure him

Are you dense? Read the OP. I said today's NBA is way softer compared to MJ's playing days. Hence, why he CANNOT be the greatest player. I never said, "Injure Lebron!"
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #36
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Are you dense? Read the OP. I said today's NBA is way softer compared to MJ's playing days. Hence, why he CANNOT be the greatest player. I never said, "Injure Lebron!"

lol coming from a "Bulls" fan

of course you're going to defend your glory MJ days way back when. Players are a lot stronger now than they were then, for starters.... in ALL sports. It's not close
Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #37
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Just his cry baby mentality. He just isn't a killer to me. Trust me, I hate Kobetards, and I'm not one, but, even Kobe was a tough dude. He'd straight up fight you, or wouldn't cry like a little girl, when he gets intentionally ****ed with. Guys like MJ, Stockton, list goes on and on.
unless you mean trash talk kobe never fought anyone and clearly his trash talk never affected lebron when they face each other head to head where he's been dominated. You honestly haven't seen kobe cry for calls Even MJ did the same when he would get wacked. This Killer instinct/Alpha on the court is nothing factual/real and only some retarded social trait given by some deluded fans. LeBron has certainly been clutch if you haven't notice and just strictly follow skip bayless over the years. But yes You went from trash talk with kobe and gut checking from *******

Last edited by BrickingStar : 02-09-2013 at 12:13 AM.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #38
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Exactly. MJ had to play through that. Hence, why I would never, ever consider LBJ the G.O.A.T.
That is indeed impressive of MJ.

As for Lebron, I don't think you need to look to the era to know he's not on the level of guys who are even arguable for GOAT. You can just look at how he does against good defenses in the playoffs: Not that well. If he hadn't caught fire against an old and tired Celtics team in games 6 and 7, people would have a much different view of him. His ad-libbed offense and reliance upon rhythm to hit his shots make him much, much less of an offense threat in pressure situations. Half of his points are scored on drives to the rim based on sheer talent that he won't have against the Pacers or Bulls of this season. Never mind the Bad Boys.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #39
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
My point wasn't that I enjoy watching that stuff. My point was, he doesn't have to go through the mental stress of stuff like that, like an MJ had to go through. Even Kobe had to go through the fire. Then the league got all tech/whistle/toss you out the game, and fine you, happy.
What did kobe go through the LBJ didn't? When did he even come close to going through the media bombardment or "mental stresses" you call it when LBJ lost the finals in 2011? Stop acting like he didn't go trough his trials
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #40
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
nless you mean trash talk kobe never fought anyone and clearly his trash talk never affected lebron when they face each other head to head where he's been dominated. You honestly haven't seen kobe cry for calls Even MJ did the same when he would get wacked. This Killer instinct/Alpha on the court is nothing factual/real and only some retarded social trait given by some deluded fans. LeBron has certainly been clutch if you haven't notice and just strictly follow skip bayless over the years. But yes You went from trash talk with kobe and gut checking from *******

Nice smiley face. He's a friendly giant. He aint bout that life.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #41
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Magic didn't fight, and he was a winner. Shaq didn't go out there and fight people. A winner.

As Magic said, they lost that first Boston series in 1984 because after they hacked Rambis the Lakers started fighting instead of "playing"

Your mentality is ridiculous. Mental toughness doesn't automatically mean fighting, dummy
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #42
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
What did kobe go through the LBJ didn't? When did he even come close to going through the media bombardment or "mental stresses" you call it when LBJ lost the finals in 2011?

*Physical/mental stress. He fought Childs. Fought Miller. Raja Bell incident. He'd elbow you in the face (Bibby). He'd get down and dirty with you. Not saying he's some thug, but just saying, he could deal with that kind of stuff. I don't see Lebron doing that, EVER.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #43
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
lol coming from a "Bulls" fan
You admitted in another thread earlier MJ is the greatest player of all-time, Hank.

Players are not stronger today. Dude's acting like Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal, Dale Davis, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, Karl Malone didn't play in MJ's era.

Charles Oakley isn't just physically strong, he has a strength barely any modern players have ... that's called MENTAL tenacity and strength. I'd take Oak in a fight over everyone in the league.

Let me know next time you see a Karl Malone sized elbow busting someone's face open the way he did Isiah Thomas. Then we can talk.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #44
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Magic didn't fight, and he was a winner. Shaq didn't go out there and fight people. A winner.

As Magic said, they lost that first Boston series in 1984 because after they hacked Rambis the Lakers started fighting instead of "playing"

Your mentality is ridiculous. Mental toughness doesn't automatically mean fighting, dummy

Who said anything about MJ/Magic/Shaq having to fight. I said they got punished on a nightly basis, that Lebron doesn't have to endure.

Besides, Shaq was a cheap bastard. You remember those bows he'd throw on Smits, Divac, Mutombo? He'd also elbow the shit outta defenders chest/stomach.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #45
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
You admitted in another thread earlier MJ is the greatest player of all-time, Hank.

Players are not stronger today. Dude's acting like Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal, Dale Davis, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, Karl Malone didn't play in MJ's era.

Charles Oakley isn't just physically strong, he has a strength barely any modern players have ... that's called MENTAL tenacity and strength. I'd take Oak in a fight over everyone in the league.

Let me know next time you see a Karl Malone sized elbow busting someone's face open the way he did Isiah Thomas. Then we can talk.

NO MONEY 23. We have "bad asses" like Blake Griffin now a days.

Dude wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: