Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #46
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
When I say meet him at the rim, I don't mean someone contesting his shot, and also body checking him. I mean someone straight up cracking him in his head, or elbowing him. Like some intentional, "OH MY GOD, DID HE JUST DO THAT!?" type shit. Something that would be blown up on Sportscenter all ****in day, but would be normal back then.

I get what you're saying. But in the OP you explicitly said that the MJ era was so tough (and I'm not here to argue whether it was or not. I don't really care about that debate. I'm 35. I saw the era myself.) that if he went on a hot streak, hitting multiple consecutive shots, "There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, and make sure he thought twice about driving. Or a player on the opposing team that would check him with some cheap/dirty tactics.".

asdf1990 posted about a very popular game in the '91 Finals where MJ hit 13 field goals in a row including at least 5 layups, and no one on the opposing team did anything that even remotely resembled a hard check or tough foul in response.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #47
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
*Physical/mental stress. He fought Childs. Fought Miller. Raja Bell incident. He'd elbow you in the face (Bibby). He'd get down and dirty with you. Not saying he's some thug, but just saying, he could deal with that kind of stuff. I don't see Lebron doing that, EVER.
Wow are you soft yourself? cheap shotting miller and th rest of those are fights? Why would lebron exactly hit someone with the rules the way they are now? Just because he did that doesn't make him hard Since you take things on the bball court so seriously like it's a life or death situation ( ) why don't you look up where both of them came from and compare them And lebron has been mugged several times. (Also why hasn't he tried on lebron or even try guarding him when he's getting destroyed lol)

Last edited by BrickingStar : 02-08-2013 at 11:19 PM.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #48
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
I get what you're saying. But in the OP you explicitly said that the MJ era was so tough (and I'm not here to argue whether it was or not. I don't really care about that debate. I'm 35. I saw the era myself.) that if he went on a hot streak, hitting multiple consecutive shots, "There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, and make sure he thought twice about driving. Or a player on the opposing team that would check him with some cheap/dirty tactics.".

asdf1990 posted about a very popular game in the '91 Finals where MJ hit 13 field goals in a row including at least 5 layups, and no one on the opposing team did anything that even remotely resembled a hard check or tough foul in response.

Fa real bro? A one game sample size, when I can easily use the Pistons series as a rebuttal. Or the Knicks series. Or anytime they'd face rivals. Besides, I'm pretty sure, there was cheap shit going on, that the refs wouldn't call, so it wouldn't be blown up, like it is today.

Beside, I'm sure there were soft teams back then, but the league as a whole was dramatically tougher than they are now.

Last edited by tikay0 : 02-08-2013 at 11:20 PM.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #49
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Nice smiley face. He's a friendly giant. He aint bout that life.
No one that mugs people on the basketball court is you retard. MJ is certainly no cold blooded gangster because he wons chips and hit clutch shots. You're disrespecting people who are really "about that life" especially comparing it to kobes trash talk
Old 02-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #50
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
No one that mugs people on the basketball court is you retard. MJ is certainly no cold blooded gangster because he wons chips and hit clutch shots. You're disrespecting people who are really "about that life" especially comparing it to kobes trash talk

Cool smiley face. I never said you have to be a thug. I said MJ had to deal with WAY dirtier/tougher/scrappier teams than Lebron does on a nightly basis.

Besides that was a joke, smiley face man.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #51
tikay0
Banned

Going to watch my Bulls whoop up on the Jazz. Another team that would jack you up back then.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #52
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Cool smiley face. I never said you have to be a thug. I said MJ had to deal with WAY dirtier/tougher/scrappier teams than Lebron does on a nightly basis.
Ok that's cool poor little MJ but only a retard would think that locks him up as the GOAT with future superstars never being able to fight for that title in the future. Also since you brought up kobe, do you actually think he comes 1/4 to the amount of times lebron gets hacked/mugged driving to the paint or shed 1/4 the contact lebron gives out?

Also learn to tell the difference of a smiley face to an emoticon
Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #53
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

OP just stop. Heat are an elite team that when engaged plays like an all time great team. To act like hard fouls would stop them or something is stupid. No matter what era Lebron was in.. he would crush anybody.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #54
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
OP just stop. Heat are an elite team that when engaged plays like an all time great team. To act like hard fouls would stop them or something is stupid. No matter what era Lebron was in.. he would crush anybody.
He thinks LBJ (and future superstars) basically never had a chance at being GOAT for not being born in MJs era Not saying he will be goat but that's just stupid

Last edited by BrickingStar : 02-08-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #55
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
He thinks LBJ (and future superstars) basically never had a chance for being born in MJs era Not saying he will be goat but that's just stupid

Lebron is probably the one player in NBA history that would dominate ANY era easily. His combination of size, athleticism and IQ make it to where when he's aggressive you're literally helpless. Jordan for example was a great defender but he would foul out every game trying to guard Lebron, get real.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #56
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
LeBron would have to become a strict post player. If there is hand check, he doesn't have the quickness or foot speed to be a face up off the dribble type of player. At least not as he's been since 2010. He'd morph into an actual PF. That's for starters.

No more flops, Wade and even sometimes Bron would look like dramatically different players. I'd also like to see their intensity to drive, when players like Lambier, Rodman, Oakley, Mason, McDaniel and equally brawny sized guys have nothing to loose and are willing to lay you out if you come to the rim.

That would be the true measure of heart, right there. You get one physical play to creep into a star's head and it is psychological warfare making people think twice about driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgOhUELRrRg

Well, I would hope that if hand checking was allowed again, it wouldn't be allowed only against Lebron.

I doubt the league would insititute a rule that says: "Hand checking will go back to being called the way it was in the 90's...but only against Lebron James"

And so if the entire league was more physical, Lebron's game would only go up in relation to the other guards and small forwards out there since he's so strong. A hand check would effect his 650 lbs body a lot less than it would your average 6'5 210 lb perimeter player.

I wish people would think things out before posting.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #57
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun has decent reputation

Quote:
People over blow this. You act like he couldn't defend himself. If MJ could so could lebron. What mentality right now are you talking about exactly?

Micheal Jordan was 290 pounds of pure muscle and could drive in and dominate. Lebron is 170 max and would be snapped in half back then. No way he would have been able to drive in and score even one point on the Pistons. Can you imagine Joe Dumars colidding with Lebron? Lebron would be out with a concussion. He just couldn't compete back then. They were gods, not merely players.

Jordan was more dominant in the post than prime Shaq, can beat up Bruce Lee with one hit, is the best rebounder, passer, and defender of all time. Jordan and a squad of women could destroy any NBA all star team (minus Jordan) in NBA history.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #58
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The league is soft as Charmin, but let's not act like LeBron or Wade would have a problem with handchecking. Both guys are physical when they attack the hoop and strong with the dribble. It's all these 6' PG's that run wherever they want on the court that would be most effected by handchecking and physical defense.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #59
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Hank you really wanna go there? I went to bat for your sorry ass when ISH trolled the living fu** out of you and exposed you. One blowout doesn't make a team a contender or a pretender. Clippers still have the 3rd best record in the NBA, settle down.

Heat007 is seriously the most pathetic poster on here. A middle-aged dude who posts shit that would embarrass a preteen.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #60
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun has decent reputation

Quote:
I get that he's a big dude, but he's also a friendly giant.

Friendly giants can be the toughest of them all. Not all tough guys are trash talking fist raised macho men that bark all day long- example: Brian Urlacher.
Or how about Tim Duncan?
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: