Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 AM   #61
Clippersfan86
Banned

Default Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.

I agree that hard fouls don't really happen anymore but at the same time they wouldn't stop somebody like Lebron anyways.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #62
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I agree that hard fouls don't really happen anymore but at the same time they wouldn't stop somebody like Lebron anyways.
Not only that lebron would go on a push off spree back then without worry
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #63
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax
I feel sorry for the defender that tries to hit Lebron.

Yeah...Lebron wouldn't do shit except complain to a ref. He's the best player in the game right now, probably one of the physically strongest, but one thing he's NOT is a fighter. He has that Dwight Howard "PLEASE love me!" personality. Hell, he doesn't even trash talk and you're trying to imply that he'd get tough all of a sudden? Please. If you feel sorry for the defender who does that, it would have to be because Stern would permanently blacklist any player that hurt Lebron. Hell, he probably put a hit out on whoever started those Delonte rumors because it made Lebron sad and caused him to lose that series.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #64
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
lol coming from a "Bulls" fan

of course you're going to defend your glory MJ days way back when. Players are a lot stronger now than they were then, for starters.... in ALL sports. It's not close

pg: Magic Johnson/ Kevin Johnson
sg: Michael Jordan/ Clyde Drexler
sf: Anthony Mason
pf: Malone/ Rodman/ Oakley
c: Shaq/ Drobb/ Mutombo

Please name me some of today's genetically enhanced superathletes bigger and stronger than these guys at their respective positions. You'll find some, but these guys are right up there with the best of today's. I agree athletes are getting bigger and stronger, but it just hasn't happened in basketball for the past 20ish years. If anything the bigs have regressed.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #65
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Yeah...Lebron wouldn't do shit except complain to a ref. He's the best player in the game right now, probably one of the physically strongest, but one thing he's NOT is a fighter. He has that Dwight Howard "PLEASE love me!" personality. Hell, he doesn't even trash talk and you're trying to imply that he'd get tough all of a sudden? Please. If you feel sorry for the defender who does that, it would have to be because Stern would permanently blacklist any player that hurt Lebron. Hell, he probably put a hit out on whoever started those Delonte rumors because it made Lebron sad and caused him to lose that series.
You can not possibly put this trait on any player just because they are playing basketball on the court. And you assume he wouldn't fight back if was punched because of?????? What does trash talk have to do with anything? Just because you trash talk doesn't mean you're a fighter or not.This is basketball not UFC. Show me a player who's fought back and then show me a player who's done the samething and see how lebron reacted. It's amazing how people assume someones personality/life on a freaking basketball court. Bruce Lee was a pretty nice guy who didn't talk shit btw Show a fighter on the bball court and not some punk ass bitch delivering cheap shots
Old 02-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #66
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
You can not possibly put this trait on any player just because they are playing basketball on the court. And you assume he wouldn't fight back if was punched because of?????? What does trash talk have to do with anything? Just because you trash talk doesn't mean you're a fighter or not.This is basketball not UFC. Show me a player who's fought back and then show me a player who's done the samething and see how lebron reacted. It's amazing how people assume someones personality/life on a freaking basketball court. Bruce Lee was a pretty nice guy who didn't talk shit btw Show a fighter on the bball court and not some punk ass bitch delivering cheap shots

I wasn't using "fighter" as a compliment. I should have picked a different word. Technically, Ron Artest is a "fighter," and that's obviously not a good thing.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #67
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't using "fighter" as a compliment. I should have picked a different word. Technically, Ron Artest is a "fighter," and that's obviously not a good thing.
No Technically he's not a fighter, more of a thug if anything, did you see the blow he gave to harden? That's a fighter to you If LeBron dropped his IQ by 99 out of 100 and did the samething Metta did in his situation, he is no where near a fighter just a punk ass bitch. But yes I can't remember lebron every being deliberately assaulted or punched to come to a situation to fight back/respond.

Last edited by BrickingStar : 02-09-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #68
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
No Technically he's not a fighter, more of a thug if anything, did you see the blo he gave to harden? That's a fighter to you If LeBron dropped his IQ by 99 out of 100 and did the samething Metta did in his situation, he is no where near a fighter just a punk ass bitch

I was thinking of the Malice at the Palace, but point taken. Look, Lebron's just not the kind of player who's going to be taking a swing at another player who gives him a cheap shot is the point I'm getting at.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #69
Legends66NBA7
Apex

Pacers might be the exception of the norm. I thought it was bad the last time the Raptors played the, but they play some physcial basketball, at least from what today's rules can give them.

I can see why Lance Stephenson and Tyler Hansbrough were targets for dirty hits by the Heat in last year's playoffs.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #70
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
I was thinking of the Malice at the Palace, but point taken. Look, Lebron's just not the kind of player who's going to be taking a swing at another player who gives him a cheap shot is the point I'm getting at.
If it's a blatant cheap shoot I don't see why you think lebron wouldn't defend himself but if it's something that's too soft, I'm sure a smart individual wouldn't take a swing because of something like that and especially knowing you'll get suspended. Fighting fans and abusing your physical traits on smaller people doesn't make you a fighter no top 10 player in the history of the NBA does that. But yeah if lebron knows he's being out in danger I don't see how you think he wouldn't defend himself. Did you see the cheap shots MJ took ? He certainly didn't "swing at all of them" because of it. He's not retarded. Just because LBJ knows how the reffing system works and abuses by yelling at them or selling calls it to get calls doesn't mean he won't react to call of war lol. I find it hard to believe he didn't go through some trials in his younger life where he grew up and how he did.

Last edited by BrickingStar : 02-09-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #71
FKAri
Great college starter

Im tired of hearing this bs all the time. Refereeing is soft but fouling on purpose has no business in the game. I dont want to see enforcers being a part of the game and can't see how anyone thinks that would be a positive.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 AM   #72
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

yet hall of famers like larry bird and oscar etc acknowledge lebron can catch michael or even in his own class
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #73
dannysc305
High school junior varsity star

This topic is a double edged sword.

I haven't read the whole thread so IDK if anyone already touched on this subject but doesnt it occur to you that if LeBron was playing in the 80s/90s or if LeBron was playing today with the rules of the 80s/90s that it might actually make him better? Imagine if there weren't rules to restrain this freak of nature? He can use his size/speed/strength to really body up on d and push off on O. LeBron wil not be the only one taking punishment and hard physical fouls but that LeBron would also be DISHING OUT some punishment? It goes both ways. LeBron's opposition will not be the only ones permitted to play physical. So could he. At his inhuman size/strength/speed. He could seriously injure somebody.

LeBron has "enforcer" capabilities, he just chooses not to use them/play that way. No one can convince me that at his size/strength/speed that LeBron can't be an enforcer if it was in his mental makeup. Imagine that.
dannysc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #74
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysc305
This topic is a double edged sword.

I haven't read the whole thread so IDK if anyone already touched on this subject but doesnt it occur to you that if LeBron was playing in the 80s/90s or if LeBron was playing today with the rules of the 80s/90s that it might actually make him better? Imagine if there weren't rules to restrain this freak of nature? He can use his size/speed/strength to really body up on d and push off on O. LeBron wil not be the only one taking punishment and hard physical fouls but that LeBron would also be DISHING OUT some punishment? It goes both ways. LeBron's opposition will not be the only ones permitted to play physical. So could he. At his inhuman size/strength/speed. He could seriously injure somebody.

LeBron has "enforcer" capabilities, he just chooses not to use them/play that way. No one can convince me that at his size/strength/speed that LeBron can't be an enforcer if it was in his mental makeup. Imagine that.
It would be push off heaven for lebron
Old 02-09-2013, 04:28 AM   #75
dannysc305
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
It would be push off heaven for lebron

this thread has me fantasizing of a LBJ vs. MJ match up in the early 90s no holds barred NBA where they are going at each others necks, bucket for bucket. I think LeBron would bully/manhandle MJ but MJ responds with some equally effective GOAT footwork, finesse, fundamentals and skills some what reminiscent to the Kobe-LeBron match-ups of this generation.

Maybe I'm just 19 years old and naive, but I would imagine a LeBron-MJ matchup actually turning out exactly like a LeBron-Kobe matchup, where head to head one on one LeBron gets the edge because of physical advantages because Bron goes 6-8 260 and MJ goes 6-6 215 but Mj would still be the better more accomplished player... Idk I really think I'm being naive I don't know MJ that well someone enlighten me... I might be off but I don't think I'm too far off. For some reason, I get the impression Mj=Kobe. Same size, position, skillset.... MJ's just the deluxe version. Kobe is MJ lite just as Lebron is Magic/Robertson lite. Mj had more accomplishments and athleticism than Kobe but besides that...Similar player
dannysc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: