Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far
Default Dwight's dad calls out MDA and Kobe

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jeff-schu...se-would-he-s/

Quote:
When asked about the unfolding soap opera in Los Angeles, Dwight Sr. defended his son and criticized both Bryant and Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni.
“I told him before he said it publicly, ‘It’s your career. No person can say what you need to do or not do. You can’t worry about what Kobe or anybody else says,’” the elder Howard said. “Nobody can say what Kobe said -- that’s stepping into another man’s shoes. I understand what Kobe was trying to do, but he went about it the wrong way. He’s trying to win a championship. But Dwight has to tell Kobe, ‘I appreciate your opinion, but that doesn’t matter. We’re two men on this team. We need to be reasonable about this.’”
Dwight Sr. said he believed Bryant was trying to motivate his son, but that the advice was misplaced, adding: “The problem is the coach. (D’Antoni) needs to step in and say, ‘You guys have got to be quiet. We’re trying to secure something here. Dwight is probably looking at the coach, thinking, ‘What are you going to do?’ I promise, if that had been Stan Van Gundy, that wouldn’t have happened. (Howard) wouldn’t have been admonished publicly. I think the coach has a lot to do with who controls Kobe’s mouth right now.”
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Dwight's dad calls out MDA and Kobe

LMAO @ Dwight's father calling his son a "man" ... you gave birth to a giant child, bro.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I don't really see anything wrong with what he said
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

I think his father displayed a great amount of poise and respect.

Somebody needs to call Maury
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's Kobe's team, not Dantoni's.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

If Dwight ain't going to stand up for himself than imo thats good his dad said something about it.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #7
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
‘What are you going to do?’ I promise, if that had been Stan Van Gundy, that wouldn’t have happened. (Howard) wouldn’t have been admonished publicly. I think the coach has a lot to do with who controls Kobe’s mouth right now.”

Wasn't it SVG that went public about Dwight? DaFuq is pops Howard talkin bout
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
dbk123
Banned

dbk123 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
I think his father displayed a great amount of poise and respect.

Somebody needs to call Maury
Dwight sr........ You are not the father!!
dbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #9
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #10
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

lmao, never seen a player hit the news EVERY day for non basketball related stuff, dude needs to be traded asap...
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #11
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

D'antoni and Kobe spent most of the Charlotte game trying to get Dwight going by feeding him in the post and putting as many "shooters" as they could find on the court around him. Does he honestly think they don't want him to be the dominant center they thought they were trading for?

The Lakers really are a drama magnet. Stern has to be loving this.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #12
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 AM   #13
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
lmfao
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #14
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

No we see why D12 is bitchmade-his dad is too
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #15
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
LMAO @ Dwight's father calling his son a "man" ... you gave birth to a giant child, bro.
Don't think many people give birth to fully-fledged adults tbf.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: