Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.

The league is soft as cotton now a days. I know this is old news, but back in the day, if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, and make sure he thought twice about driving. Or a player on the opposing team that would check him with some cheap/dirty tactics.

Now a days, there's none of that. If you do, you're out of the game, and get suspended.

That reason alone prevents him from being the G.O.A.T.

Remember, back in the day, there were teams trying to take MJ's head off from the opening tip.

Players have it too easy these days.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
PistolPete44
Banned

PistolPete44 has decent reputation
Default Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.

if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, who ?

and Kobe is the GOAT according to Ish because he scores 81 rings and has 5 rings
PistolPete44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete44
if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, who ?

and Kobe is the GOAT according to Ish because he scores 81 rings and has 5 rings

Ummmm......any enforcer on the opposing team. Something, NO team has now a days.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputation

nowadays, this is a flagrant. a dirty foul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkxTd83RAs
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

It's because the Clippers are pretenders

lol at the people here who said the Clippers are the one team from the west that could beat Miami in a 7 game series

NO Chance.

NONE
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

It's been like that for years so we're all pretty much used to it. But I was born in 91 so can't really speak on the MJ days. However, I have watched enough footage from the 80/90's so I'll have to agree with your post about the defense.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
It's because the Clippers are pretenders

lol at the people here who said the Clippers are the one team from the west that could beat Miami in a 7 game series

NO Chance.

NONE

Hank you really wanna go there? I went to bat for your sorry ass when ISH trolled the living fu** out of you and exposed you. One blowout doesn't make a team a contender or a pretender. Clippers still have the 3rd best record in the NBA, settle down.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
nowadays, this is a flagrant. a dirty foul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkxTd83RAs

LMFAO. league is soft as cotton. Back in the day, you'd get like 4-5 of those a game. Imagine what MJ went through on a nightly basis, compared to Lebron.........
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

Didn't he go 13/13 at one point in the nba final nobody met him at the rim?
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Funny that you say that, tikay0. I was just thinking about how this Heat team would play under the old rules / era where physicality and handchecking was LEGAL.

NY, Indy, Portland, Utah ... Who wouldn't wanna watch those old Bulls teams lay into these "champions"
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
LMFAO. league is soft as cotton. Back in the day, you'd get like 4-5 of those a game. Imagine what MJ went through on a nightly basis, compared to Lebron.........
mj got his lunch money taken by the bad boy pistons. imagine what they would do to lebron
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller

nbarumorz has an OK reputation so far

Gotta hate the pricks known as "Heat Fans"

Stadium is dead quiet as game end and 90% empty. Seriously so spoiled they get bored if they are leading by too much. Shameful.
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
The league is soft as cotton now a days. I know this is old news, but back in the day, if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, and make sure he thought twice about driving. Or a player on the opposing team that would check him with some cheap/dirty tactics.

Now a days, there's none of that. If you do, you're out of the game, and get suspended.

That reason alone prevents him from being the G.O.A.T.

Remember, back in the day, there were teams trying to take MJ's head off from the opening tip.

Players have it too easy these days.
and you're into that? And lebron was bombarding them from the perimeter and 4-5 something the GOAT wasn't really well at with his treys. Good luck getting a guy to meet him at the rim when he's shooting like that
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
It's been like that for years so we're all pretty much used to it. But I was born in 91 so can't really speak on the MJ days. However, I have watched enough footage from the 80/90's so I'll have to agree with your post about the defense.

Believe me, I'm not even talking about hand checking, etc. I'm primarily talking about enforcers that would make sure you'd think twice, if you were going off on them.

You even had guard enforcers like a Vernon Maxwell, that would literally start a fight with you, if you were owning his team. Or do super dirty things that would get you off your game.

With Lebron's mentality, would he be able to deal with that, without wilting?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Funny that you say that, tikay0. I was just thinking about how this Heat team would play under the old rules / era where physicality and handchecking was LEGAL.

NY, Indy, Portland, Utah ... Who wouldn't wanna watch those old Bulls teams lay into these "champions"

I know right.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: