Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Default Re: "Free" a player thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Kyrie Irving: Needs to leave Cleveland asap

Irving: I'm taking my talents to South California and play with the LA Lakers.

Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Chuck Hayes is a great choice.

He's a great defender one on one.

But his FT form though.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Most of the Laker's roster comes to mind. Gonna be a shame not seeing any of them in the playoffs.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool

Marquis Teague.

I was really excited when the Bulls got him. I figured with Rose being injured, he'd get some extended playing time and be a pretty legit backup once Rose came back. He can't even crack the rotation though. Not sure if it's a fault of his (poor effort, not buying into the system?) or some other factor.

I admit I don't know much about the college game, but I was under the impression he was a pretty good athlete with a solid defensive game, so I have been waiting for Thibs to unleash him like a hell-hound...

As an edit: I also include any highly drafted rookie that is not given significant minutes their rookie year. I understand bringing someone along slowly, but 20 mins off the bench is not too much to ask. Some players perform better in a game than in practice. And, let's be real, you drafted them for a reason.

Derrick Williams, Andre Drummond, Kendall Marshal, Marquis Teague, Kanter and Favors, Vesely, Valanucias (sp), etc. I'm not saying all those players are, or will be, good... but give them a shot.

Last edited by kshutts1 : 02-09-2013 at 03:14 PM.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Robin Lopez and Gortat could help some teams up the middle

as for young players; free Ed Davis - he is a quality player when given a chance.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #21
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

Jordan Hamilton. JHAM!
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by roffie
chuck hayes / marcus thorton comes to mind.. awful roster

kendall marshall too
Marshall needs to actually do something deserve to be "freed."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #23
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM

as for young players; free Ed Davis - he is a quality player when given a chance.
I'd hardly say Lopez is in a horrible situation. He's already played more minutes in half this season than he has in his entire career and starts every night. The Hornets look for him and he's been playing pretty well. It's not like this roster is the Kings.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #24
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
I'd hardly say Lopez is in a horrible situation. He's already played more minutes in half this season than he has in his entire career and starts every night. The Hornets look for him and he's been playing pretty well. It's not like this roster is the Kings.

true but he can definitely help teams get over the top
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #25
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Donatas Motiejunas needs to be freed. He is buried behind Patrick "No Rebound" Patterson and Marcus "Wanna-Be-Melo" Morris
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Get Ilyasova off of the Bucks!
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #27
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
Irving: I'm taking my talents to South California and play with the LA Lakers.

brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #28
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Favors and Kanter need to play more.

I would like Hayes on the Wolves. Ridnour for Hayes and Honeycutt?

ridnour needs to go to the kings. they need a pg who does more than look for his own shot.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #29
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM

yup, what's up with Memphis and not giving Ed any chance whatsoever? Dude is a baller whenever he gets any decent playing time...same goes for other young bigs in the league - Valanciunas, Drummond and etc. FREE THEM ALL !!!
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #30
bd#1pguard
High School Varsity 12th Man

bd#1pguard is considered somewhat coolbd#1pguard is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Which players don't deserve to be stuck in horrible situations and should be playing for championships/playoff teams or just in better situations. I will start it off and put up a example

Chuck Hayes: One of the best defensive players and great guys of the NBA does not deserve to be stuck playing in Sacramento, on top of that hes barley allowed to contribute and gets crap all mins and is not used right. Chuck at this stage of his career should be a back up on a good team in the playoffs not stuck on the bench, the guy's probably to nice to request a trade but the Kings should really send him to somewhere better than where he is now. No point having a solid veteran on a team not contribute much

Until he learns to shoot free throws he deserves to be in sucktown.

FREE MIRZA!!
bd#1pguard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: