Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #31
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: John Wall's fastbreak game is the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
they play very different styles-- both are effective
instead of arguing who is better, can't we just appreciate that the league has two very young point guards with otherworldly ability?

why does every thread always have to devolve into a compare/contrast argument?
how about: "this guy is really good. so is this guy. they are both really good."

and John Wall's shooting struggles got me thinking, why is it that extremely athletic/agile guards tend to be such poor shooters? Sure, there are exceptions like Westbrook, but for every Westbrook there are five Eric Bledsoes or John Walls or Rajon Rondos. weird.

D-Rose was another good example, until he put in a ton of work on his shot... hmm I might have just answered my own question...

different players work on different things. There are only so many hours in the day....
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
Irving is a better facilitator...

Irving is the better player without question. John Wall is however better at passing the ball, facilitating or whatever you want to call it. I don't need numbers for that, even tho they'd suggest that was the case. Wall just has that natural knack for getting others involved. His rookie season he was throwing up double doubles left and right. Pretty sure he had that one month where he was averaging like 10+ dimes.

Defensively, getting others the ball is clearly John Wall just like right now it's clearly Irving who is the better player. Not even comparable because of his scoring, scoring efficiency, clutch play etc.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #33
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not sure why every John Wall thread has to turn into Irving vs. Wall. It has always been a pretty dumb argument since they approach the game from completely different places.

Obviously, I would take Kyrie 10 times out of 10, but I'm biased.

I sure as hell don't want a LeBron/Kobe situation here with Kyrie and Wall. Basketball fans should be able to appreciate what each man brings in the table.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
I would go as far as to say Wall has more of an impact of the game than Kyrie
^^^There's your culprit. Thread had NOTHING to do with Kyrie Irving.

Negged.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #35
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Not sure why every John Wall thread has to turn into Irving vs. Wall. It has always been a pretty dumb argument since they approach the game from completely different places.

I sure as hell don't want a LeBron/Kobe situation here with Kyrie and Wall. Basketball fans should be able to appreciate what each man brings in the table.

Because a Kyrie fan brought him up. That's why.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #36
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
^^^There's your culprit. Thread had NOTHING to do with Kyrie Irving.

Negged.

It had to be discussed at some point and you know it
Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #37
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Half those players weren't on the team last year

So what is your point? Wall has been surrounded by weak shooters since he was drafted but has still averaged 8 assists.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Watch the game.

Irving has low assist but he is a damn pure point guard. He was drafted a pure point guard. His scoring is just better than expected.

Irving is still a pure point guard prospect. His vision is elite.

Assist depends on system and scorekeeping (Rondo is known to get 15% more assist in Boston, Hornets offense has always been PG passing dominated. Chris Paul's passing/vision/experience has gotten better with age but his APG is down, etc)

Not sure about this statement at all.

Of course i haven't seen too many cavs games, and most of what i see from irving are videos of his points and assists in a game, but from the few cavs games I've seen in real time i would say he's a good passer...not elite.

Last edited by tmacattack33 : 02-09-2013 at 08:28 PM.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #39
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Because a Kyrie fan brought him up. That's why.
Really? Because, looking back at the start of the thread, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Citation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
It had to be discussed at some point and you know it

It has been discussed ad nauseam. And, this thread had nothing to do with Kyrie Irving before you decided to hijack it.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #40
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're right. I glanced over, and didn't see Freezing's post.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

Quote:
Really? Because, looking back at the start of the thread, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Citation?

It has been discussed ad nauseam. And, this thread had nothing to do with Kyrie Irving before you decided to hijack it.

;)
Old 02-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #42
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
You're right. I glanced over, and didn't see Freezing's post.
Trust me, I'd have no problem calling out a Kyrie fan if they derailed a thread. Kyrie's starting to get the inevitable 'player fan' following that drove me completely up a wall during James' years here. That is the only downside to your hometown team acquiring a really great young player, I guess. Kyrie's following is only going to grow from here. Some will be annoying, I'm sure.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #43
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

No question Irving is the better player. His superior scoring ability is what ends the debate. However, wouldn't you say it's quite obvious that Wall is the better passer/playmaker/whatever?
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #44
noob cake
Great college starter

noob cake has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
No question Irving is the better player. His superior scoring ability is what ends the debate. However, wouldn't you say it's quite obvious that Wall is the better passer/playmaker/whatever?

No, Wall is a better athlete and defender.

Irving was drafted and scouted as the best pure point guard since Chris Paul. His vision is pure. His assist numbers are crap. It has to do with his score first mentality late in game, his lack of consistent teammates and the offensive system that Cavs run.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #45
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
No, Wall is a better athlete and defender.

Irving was drafted and scouted as the best pure point guard since Chris Paul. His vision is pure. His assist numbers are crap. It has to do with his score first mentality late in game, his lack of consistent teammates and the offensive system that Cavs run.

Yes, and Greg Oden was drafted and scouted as someone even better than that.

Michael Beasley was drafted and scouted as someone who'd be just as good as D. Rose.

John Wall was drafted and scouted as someone who was apparently already better than Derrick Rose.

Scouts don't always get it right. They probably get it right about 35% of the time tops.

Anyway, I never recall the scouts saying all that about Irving's vision in the first place.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: