Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation
Default Re: The Miami Heatles are 17-5 against the Western conference.... What ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Miami with the big 3 have never finished 1st in the east

How does that lead you to believe theyd finish 1st in the west
Uh... 18-5 record against the West. Is that not who they'd be playing were they in the Western Conference?

And they play down to their competition because they are too good. Why bother getting up to play against the lame East when you can coast during the regular season and waltz to the Finals every year like it's nothing?
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #17
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation
Default Re: The Miami Heatles are 17-5 against the Western conference.... What ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
Uh... 18-5 record against the West. Is that not who they'd be playing were they in the Western Conference?

yeah, sandwiched with games against powerhouses like Bobcats and Raptors

Quote:
And they play down to their competition because they are too good. Why bother getting up to play against the lame East when you can coast during the regular season and waltz to the Finals every year like it's nothing?
ok...
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #18
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
yeah, sandwiched with games against powerhouses like Bobcats and Raptors

ok...
Ask the lakers about the powerhouse lakers they are tough . Also the raptors are a competitive team with gay don't see what you mean by mentioning them.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
West against East

Spurs 17-4
Rockets 17-6
Warriors 15-5
Grizzlies 14-5
Jazz 13-6
Thunder 12-6
Clippers 11-8
Nuggets 10-7
Lakers 11-9
Mavs 9-9
Kings 11-12
Blazers 9-10
Hornets 8-10
Wolves 7-12
Suns 7-15
----------

East against West

Heat 17-5
Knicks 12-7
Pacers 12-9
Celtics 10-8
Hawks 10-9
Magic 8-10
Nets 7-10
76ers 9-13
Bulls 7-11
Bucks 6-11
Wizards 7-13
Raptors 8-15
Pistons 4-15
Cavs 4-15
Bobcats 3-20

Lulz 4th/5th placed teams in the East (Nets/Bulls) have a worse record against the West than the Kings and Hornets have against the East.

The new Kings owners should argue that Seattle is so far West that is already East again. Suddenly they jump from lottery team in the West to homecourt advantage in the East.

The two records I bolded are the only two that matter for the discussion in this thread.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #20
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Ask the lakers about the powerhouse lakers they are tough . Also the raptors are a competitive team with gay don't see what you mean by mentioning them.
Not sure what the Lakers have to do with this, they suck this year, so? Are they the only team in the Western Conference? In fact, Lakers in the East would make the playoffs. This coming from a Bulls fan.

And yes, the Raptors legit now but they have been pathetic for most of the season. I mentioned them like I could have mentioned Cavs, Pistons, Magic or Wizards until a week ago
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

Why do you call them the Miami "Heatles"? People actually liked The Beatles...
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #22
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

And people act like the Heat are lucky to play in the East.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #23
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta is starting to rub some people the wrong wayDresta is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's because the Heat are better suited to playing Western conference basketball and against Western conference teams the way their team is constituted.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #24
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
..and soon to be 18-5 when the Heat beat up on the Lakers tomorrow....

For those on ISH who always have nothing else to say, so they bring up the terribly lame excuse about conference play....

18-5

which Heat player are you?

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #25
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Even bad East teams actually play D and are borderline dirty for this era (e.g. Pacers).
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #26
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Cuz the East, in general, play better defense. The top-10 defensive teams would prove that.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Heck, Wizards are the 5th best defense.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #28
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
I negged the op before reading.
You don't have him on ignore? I thought everyone did.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #29
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Cuz the East, in general, play better defense. The top-10 defensive teams would prove that.

Right. East Conference fans are so cute.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
gilalizard
National High School Star

gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Miami is super-stacked.

What's the surprise? They have it very easy.
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: