Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should anyone take the Spurs seriously after last year's collapse?

If another team manages to knock out OKC than yeah, you have to take the Spurs seriously until you beat them, they are to good to experienced and still have hunger to win.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #17
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

There was also the time they lost to the eighth seed Grizz. I think Manu was banged up that year, although when isn't he nowadays.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg
There was also the time they lost to the eighth seed Grizz. I think Manu was banged up that year, although when isn't he nowadays.

Broke his forearm, and was our leading scorer that year. Also was the weakest supporting cast we had in the last couple of years.

I wouldn't call last year's loss to OKC a collapse at all. We won the first two at home, they won the following two like they were supposed to, they stole a game from us at home, and then finished up the series in OKC in game 6.

Essentially that's the series where our stellar offense could no longer mask our defensive issues unlike the Jazz and Clippers series. We had no answer for Kevin Durant, who absolutely went insane and took over the series. James Harden also played a big factor and we were unable to contain him.

This year our interior defense has improved quite a bit as Splitter is finally getting the minutes he deserves and is making the most of them. We now have a legit double big threat when he and Duncan are in the game together. Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green also have a year of experience under their belts. Being in those deep playoff situations can be rough on young players who had never really been in those situations. Danny Green basically went cold and became a non-factor in the WCF, and Kawhi couldn't keep up with Durant.

I think this team needs to make a move in order to win it all, even though I'm not exactly sure what kind of move that is. But the Spurs are still one of the only 4 or 5 teams who can win a title, and that means they're a contender.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #19
Artillery
Decent college freshman

Artillery has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg

Duncan sprained his ankles a few weeks before the playoffs too. He was playing hurt and it showed in his game. By far the worst playoff series of his career. Since then, Spurs have owned the Grizzlies - like 7-1 against them...the only loss coming in an overtime game in Memphis. Not so easy for fatass Zbo and Marc to win when TD's healthy I guess.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery
Duncan sprained his ankles a few weeks before the playoffs too. He was playing hurt and it showed in his game. By far the worst playoff series of his career. Since then, Spurs have owned the Grizzlies - like 7-1 against them...the only loss coming in an overtime game in Memphis. Not so easy for fatass Zbo and Marc to win when TD's healthy I guess.
Excuses. Every one is banged up come playoffs. Many missed one game. Grizzlies didn't have Rudy. Y'all got straight up beat
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
AlexanderRight
I hit open 5-footers

AlexanderRight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrizzle
Excuses. Every one is banged up come playoffs. Many missed one game. Grizzlies didn't have Rudy. Y'all got straight up beat
You can say that. Too bad Memphis ain't beatin anyone anytime soon.
AlexanderRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderRight
You can say that. Too bad Memphis ain't beatin anyone anytime soon.
Oh the irony
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #23
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Yes.

Last year they were very close to getting to the Finals.

Everyone gets hot at different times. There's no reason it won't be San Antonio this time in May.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #24
sportsfan76
Decent college freshman

sportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

When I think of the Spurs the two things below come to mind

1. 1st round exit to the Grizzles in 2011

2. Lost 4 straight after being up 2-0 to OKC

So I'm sorry but I can't take them seriously any longer.
sportsfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #25
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrizzle

Not like Rudy was their best player that year anyway. Z-Bo was playing out of his mind.

Our leading scorer had a broken arm, our defensive anchor was limp, TP had a bad series, add to that the fact we were small (McDyess, Bonner were our rotation bigs), and our bench wasn't even close to the quality it is now (rookie Gary Neal was the only one to have a solid series). All the negatives we were dealing with heavily outweighed Rudy Gay's absense.

Yeah, you can say those are excuses. But I look at them as factors that had alot to due with the outcome. Let's not act like the Richard Jefferson years weren't the worst in the Duncan era by far. As soon as he gets shipped out, we make the WCF the same year. That's no coincidence.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

ninephive has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan76
When I think of the Spurs the two things below come to mind

1. 1st round exit to the Grizzles in 2011

2. Lost 4 straight after being up 2-0 to OKC

So I'm sorry but I can't take them seriously any longer.
Funny...I think of 4 rings and the best winning percentage in professional sports in the last 15 years.
ninephive is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: