Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #31
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Phoenix making a run for shumpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
So would you trade Avery Bradley for Dudley? NO? Neither would we trade Shump. You don't trade young assets for journeyman players. Yes, Shump hasn't done much because it's only his second year. You are quoting stats like he's played years.

As far as Dragic, etc. that's just delusional people saying delusional things. It has nothing to do with this trade. Neither is Phoenix offering us their pick next year, unless its protected up the ass.
I never mentioned Dudley. I only talked about Dragic and the lottery pick that your "delusional people" were valuing Shumpert over. As for the stats quoted, note that I acknowledged he can become a better player, setting his ceiling at Tony Allen's level. TA is a solid starter.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #32
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
el gringos - Shumpert to Phoenix, Bargnani to New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Suns get shumpert, Landry fields, drew gooden

Bucks get amare, derozen, Beasley, j white, k Thomas

Raptors get dalembert, beno udrih, Shannon brown

Knicks get Monta Ellis, Bargnani, illyasova

In reality I'd see it hard to trade shumpert without being part of a big deal. IMO only 2 pieces Knicks could want from suns are dragic or gortat
It's like a dog whistle.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #33
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I never mentioned Dudley. I only talked about Dragic and the lottery pick that your "delusional people" were valuing Shumpert over. As for the stats quoted, note that I acknowledged he can become a better player, setting his ceiling at Tony Allen's level. TA is a solid starter.
Shumpert can be become as good defensively as Tony Allen and is already a better offensive player, so he is probably going to be a bit better than Tony Allen
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
Shumpert can be become as good defensively as Tony Allen and is already a better offensive player, so he is probably going to be a bit better than Tony Allen
I've seen little difference there. Neither guy has much skill, maybe Shumpert surpasses him if he comes back from the surgery well but even the loss of athleticism to injury reminds me of Allen.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #35
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:

In reality I'd see it hard to trade shumpert without being part of a big deal. IMO only 2 pieces Knicks could want from suns are dragic or gortat

rofl epic trade. Looks like the raps are getting shit upon.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #36
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I've seen little difference there. Neither guy has much skill, maybe Shumpert surpasses him if he comes back from the surgery well but even the loss of athleticism to injury reminds me of Allen.

That's only because you have no idea what you're talking about.

I think Shumpert can be a 13ppg scorer and 3-4 assist guy next year from the 2/3 position. I could see him becoming a consistent 15-16ppg guy and about 5 assist if given that type of role. Decision making on when to shoot and when to pass is the only thing preventing him from being a pg/combo guard type... I've thought of him as a SG type that could convert to a pg with better decision making...much like Billups had to develop over his career. He's a talented passer, very good slasher, and he's developed his jumpshot since maybe the all star break of his rookie season. And was arguably a better defender last year than Tony Allen as a rookie.

He's really shown that he can truly do it all, and is a very aggressive guy with leadership ability (still very young though, on a veteran team)...as he fully recovers from the ACL surgery next year I think he's ready to break out. While I feel like the Knicks are going to be able to re-sign JR for the MLE...I personally think JR does and will stunt his production. But to say Iman Shumpert doesn't have very much skill is ridiculous...he's got very good handles and passing ability...and not just a catch and shoot player, actually has a pull up that he successfully uses in one on one and transition situations.

And a bottom-dweller like Phoenix trading first round picks for him after just returning from ACL surgery, says they see it too. The Knicks shooting that down, says more.

It's not gonna happen. Stephen A Smith said at the beginning of the season, before Iman returned, that Knicks front office sees Iman as the Knicks 2nd best perimeter player after Carmelo. Considering that includes JR Smith who many thought should've been an all star ( I disagree) and Raymond Felton (who I think would've been an allstar this year had he not gotten hurt for a month)....that says something. Worst case, I see this guy as the ultimate role player, very smart and a hard worker.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 AM   #37
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
rofl epic trade. Looks like the raps are getting shit upon.

-Smak
The raptors fans on ish act like you couldn't give Bargnani away for an expirer. And it's probably true about fields. And then to top it off they say derozen now has negative trade value because of his 10 mill per season deal starting next year. That's the reason I think this trade is great because this is what they claim they are asking for.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 AM   #38
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
el gringos - Shumpert to Phoenix, Bargnani to New York

Quote:

It was totally predictable but still a great call
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #39
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Suns want shumpert 2.0? Can't be done. Suns are trying to take advantage to the fact that Shump is playing like crap right now.

If the pick was unproteced i would think about it, Suns probably are offering a protected pick so no.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #40
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kinda strange move for the Suns imo, Shumpert is good no doubt but hes had both his knees operated on already and would be a big risk. If I were the Suns I'd keep both the pick and Dudley for now. I don't think the move makes much sense for the Knicks ethier tbh they going to need Shumpert in the playoffs big time to defend some of the top wings/guards.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #41
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
Cool, Shumpert for Dragic. There's nothing else worth Shumpert in Phoenix.
lol @ The thought of Shumpert being worth Dragic.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #42
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Suns are delusional
Knicks FANS are the most delusional in the entire NBA. They always have been and continue to prove that they still are.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #43
GreatHILL
Local High School Star

GreatHILL has no real reputation yet.

the knicks fans are garbage so is their team
GreatHILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #44
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

livingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputation

Shumpert is a good piece but I'm hope we won't be trading away our pick
livingby3's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #45
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
That's only because you have no idea what you're talking about.
It be nice if you enlightened my ignorance with facts instead of talking shit and backing it with the following useless conjecture:
Quote:
I think Shumpert can be a 13ppg scorer and 3-4 assist guy next year from the 2/3 position. I could see him becoming a consistent 15-16ppg guy and about 5 assist if given that type of role. Decision making on when to shoot and when to pass is the only thing preventing him from being a pg/combo guard type... I've thought of him as a SG type that could convert to a pg with better decision making...much like Billups had to develop over his career. He's a talented passer, very good slasher, and he's developed his jumpshot since maybe the all star break of his rookie season. And was arguably a better defender last year than Tony Allen as a rookie.
"You think?" Based on what? Billups had/has a jumper with range. Shumpert has hit threes in the short sample of this season but has shot 34% overall so far this season. Shumpert is about athleticism, Billups was not. Comparing him to Billups doesn't make sense. "Talented passer?" Based on what? He's not a point guard now and never will be.

Quote:
He's really shown that he can truly do it all, and is a very aggressive guy with leadership ability (still very young though, on a veteran team)...as he fully recovers from the ACL surgery next year I think he's ready to break out. While I feel like the Knicks are going to be able to re-sign JR for the MLE...I personally think JR does and will stunt his production. But to say Iman Shumpert doesn't have very much skill is ridiculous...he's got very good handles and passing ability...and not just a catch and shoot player, actually has a pull up that he successfully uses in one on one and transition situations.
He's got this great jumper but has hit 39%? His dribbling is alright but nothing special by NBA guard standards. "Leadership?" Whatever, I doubt NY has asked that of him at all. I admit I don't pay enough attention to him to notice something like that but I'd bet money that NY's leaders are Kidd and Chandler, maybe STAT, maybe Melo.

Quote:
And a bottom-dweller like Phoenix trading first round picks for him after just returning from ACL surgery, says they see it too. The Knicks shooting that down, says more.
You can't validate that at all. It's a rumor. Woj says they were offered Dudley and 1 future first. That's not this year's lottery pick and we don't know how deep into the draft that future first is protected.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: