Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #31
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Antwan Jamison says Michael can still play today even at 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
If he came back, he'd lose his .001 - or whatever it is - all time ppg lead he has over Wilt.
Jordan's love of the game is strong enough that if he thought he could contribute at a high level he'd play in spite of that. His whole Wizard comeback he was only damaging his ppg and he still played. What's stopping him is that he knows he couldn't sustain a quality return, whether he'd publicly admit to it or not. MJ isn't coming back so he can play at the level of Keith Bogans.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #32
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

You guys are ridiculous. Jordan would be GASSED by the end of the 1st quarter.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #33
iamgine

iamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this board

Yea he can play some minutes against the likes of Fisher, Stackhouse, Dahntay Jones, etc.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #34
madmax17
Decent playground baller

madmax17 has an OK reputation so far

If he would come back now I predict a 30ppg/2.1steal/DPOY/AllStar/MVP/FinalsMVP type season.
madmax17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He wouldn't do shit. This is ridiculous
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Antawn was guarding him he would look like a star.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #37
mentallooser
High School Varsity 6th Man

mentallooser has an OK reputation so far

A 50 year old isn't gonna be able to work himself into NBA shape. If he did he'd be coming off the end of the bench in cleanup time. I'd love more than anyone to think he could play a useful bench role now adays. He's the GOAT by far IMO but he's 50 and realistically his body wouldn't hold up to a single game, much less a season.
mentallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #38
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has an OK reputation so far

If he hadn't come back to the Wizards in 2001 and went to a decent team like the Hornets instead, it coulda been special and MJ woulda looked a whole lot better.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #39
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Anyone that believes that Jordan or anyone else could compete in the NBA at age 50 has never been anywhere close to age 50.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #40
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board

He would be garbage. I'm sure he could still score around 10 ppg on 35% shooting but it would all be on ISO post ups that would use entire possessions. He would be a total ball stopper and the worst defender in te league

And his body would fall apart in the first month.

Last edited by 28renyoy : 02-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #41
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

No. He couldn't. He'd be one of the worst players in the league. He's the best player ever. Leave it there. Hate that people have to try to build up a legend with horseshit.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #42
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz has a terrific reputationtontoz has a terrific reputationtontoz has a terrific reputationtontoz has a terrific reputationtontoz has a terrific reputation

I am sure MJ could play well 1 on 1, maybe even half court. But he wouldn't hold up for a season. As a fellow old guy i say no chance. Training camp, practices, 82 games, no way a 50 year old can hold up.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #43
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
From that same article:

This nigha needs a personal tailor.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #44
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some of you actually think he'd come back if he felt he'd be garbage?

Of course he'd only even consider a comeback if he was sure he could play.

I agree that a 50 year old wouldn't have the same stamina, but he wouldn't be playing 30 minutes, he wouldn't be carrying the entire load and getting the same defensive attention. This is also MJ we're talking about, who even out of shape is still beating NBA players in their prime. Get him in multiple iso situations in a game and he's scoring on most of those.

SMH people comparing him to steph curry.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #45
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bobcats could really use MJ. I'd actually love to see him come back just out of pure curiosity.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: