Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Default 2/10 - Brooklyn Nets vs. San Antonio Spurs on ESPN

Spurs (Duncan & Ginobili doubtful) on their annual Rodeo Road Trip go into Brooklyn tonight looking for their 12th win in 13 games. The last time these teams met in San Antonio on New Years Eve, the Spurs held the Nets to a franchise low 5 points in the 3rd quarter en route to a 104-73 pounding. The Nets look to turn around their recent shooting slumps (32.9% shooting @ Washington) with a win at home this evening.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: 2/10 - Brooklyn Nets vs. San Antonio Spurs on ESPN

Duncan & Ginobli OUT. Nets all but surrendered vs. Washington. I could see this going either way, i could see this being a tight game where Brooklyn shows up loaded for bear and i could also see the Spurs hit a few threes and the Nets pack it in for the night.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

Spurs should win this one by 20. Deron will get annihilated by Tony Parker. The offense will start with ball movement then go back to isolation basketball for the next three quarters. And just as its happened all season, the Nets will get blown out in one quarter. They only play three quarters.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

RICH BUCHER POST TODAY
Looking forward to watching Nets-Spurs to see if, as almost every scout/GM I talk to contends, Deron Williams has

become a diva of the first order. Now, I'm told, when a teammate misses a shot or blows an easy dime far too many times Deron can be seen rolling his eyes or staring at the bench as if to say, "Can you believe that?" If so, he wasn't always that way; at least I never heard of the Jazz having those kind of problems and other teams certainly didn't see him in that light. If anything, they admired that while he was accepted by the CP3/LeBron/Wade/Melo group he made a point of standing on his own. I made the case that I'd take Deron over CP3 their early years in the league because of Deron's size and better shooting range, but if all I'm hearing is true, the difference in floor generalship could be too much to ignore. One game won't prove anything definitive, but I hope I'm wrong; the idea of the Knicks and Nets going head-to-head is as good as the Lakers and Clippers battling for the bragging rights of L.A., and Deron is too important to making the Nets viable to become a peacock and not impair their potential.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

I'll be watching this game, at least the first quarter.

Parker will shred the Brooklyn Nets' defense, but he needs the Spurs' perimeter marksmen to be accurate from outside in order to scramble the Nets.

If the Spurs' outside guys aren't hitting, the Nets can just pack the paint/zone it off.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Hmm. The Nets are guarding Splitter with Evans instead of Lopez. Does that mean they're hiding Lopez on the nonfactor Diaw to save his energy on offense?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
thefatmiral
Good High School Starter

daaaamn, deron was getting roasted by an espn analysis nerd before the game, pretty funny, "deron has been coasting on his reputation for the past two years" or something like that
thefatmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
jl1718
Not airballing my layups anymore

Spurs with no effort on defense. I haven't seen them look this bad in a while. (Didn't see the Detroit game)
jl1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

ESPN hot on heavy on the Nets going after Josh Smith. With what? The Hawks aren't going to take the Nets giant contracts. They won't pay Smith, but they will take back the Nets players?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
Scoooter
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
RICH BUCHER POST TODAY
Looking forward to watching Nets-Spurs to see if, as almost every scout/GM I talk to contends, Deron Williams has

become a diva of the first order. Now, I'm told, when a teammate misses a shot or blows an easy dime far too many times Deron can be seen rolling his eyes or staring at the bench as if to say, "Can you believe that?" If so, he wasn't always that way; at least I never heard of the Jazz having those kind of problems and other teams certainly didn't see him in that light. If anything, they admired that while he was accepted by the CP3/LeBron/Wade/Melo group he made a point of standing on his own. I made the case that I'd take Deron over CP3 their early years in the league because of Deron's size and better shooting range, but if all I'm hearing is true, the difference in floor generalship could be too much to ignore. One game won't prove anything definitive, but I hope I'm wrong; the idea of the Knicks and Nets going head-to-head is as good as the Lakers and Clippers battling for the bragging rights of L.A., and Deron is too important to making the Nets viable to become a peacock and not impair their potential.
I remember a Jazz game a few years ago when Deron was acting like a dick. Gordon Hayward, a rookie at the time, made the wrong move or something, and Deron whipped the ball at him with a really pissy look on his face.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

I don't like this new thing where if a player misses, it's a foul. The refs wait to see the play.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
I don't like this new thing where if a player misses, it's a foul. The refs wait to see the play.

This isnt anything new. Theyve been doing this ever since i can remember.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
It's become normal and accepted though. It's no longer OH THAT'S LATE.

You're a Net fan, is Deron's body language horrible or it it just how he plays?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny

Correct. Been watching since 1991 Finals.

This game shows how amazing Lopez is in the post - he has great moves for a big man.

The Spurs are disciplined, but their defense is missing an interior big man. Hence the 57 points at halftime.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
It's become normal and accepted though. It's no longer OH THAT'S LATE.

You're a Net fan, is Deron's body language horrible or it it just how he plays?

You referring to the article you posted above? Like that guy above said ive been mentioning that incident with hayward to new nets fans. He showed frustration like that in washington too. I know hes just trying to get his team going, but at this point the leadership quality between him and chris paul is clear.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: