Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Jay Williams: "There were guys smoking weed before games."

The New York Times recently did a wonderful profile on former Bulls guard and current ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Williams.

In it Williams talked about his struggles to reclaim his life after a horrifying motorcycle accident, and all the highs and lows he went through.

Williams also talked about life in the NBA, and some of the perils he faced as a pro. *Per the Big Lead, Williams indicated that some of his Bulls teammates would smoke weed before games 2002-2003, which was his rookie season.

“I didn’t know how to handle it at first,” Williams said. “I didn’t know how to be around it. Guys were on the bench, trying to kick it to girls in the stands, having ball boys run over. I mean, some guys were high.”

Asked to clarify, Williams said: “There were guys smoking weed before games. Guys asking in the middle of the game, ‘Do you smell popcorn?’*”

He noticed the nervous laughter around the kitchen table. “You think I’m playing,” Williams said. “Can you imagine! Guys are gambling. They’re playing dice in the back of the plane for money. Like, we just lost by 30 tonight! And we’ve got a game tomorrow! It bugged me out.”

Nothing Williams said was surprising, just hilarious how guys on bad teams in pro sports could care less when they are getting paid.

Link

I know it's of no surprise, but still interesting to know someone who lived the life would admit that.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has decent reputationTheMarkMadsen has decent reputation
Default Re: Jay Williams: "There were guys smoking weed before games."

Some people are a walking living breathing stereotype.

The nba player who smokes bud before games, drinks & gambles on the team plane after a loss, and have a game the next day are exactly that, a walking steroetype.

I love the reefer but if I was paying some dude millions of dollars to do a job and this motherffuccker was getting high before playing games, and not caring to the point where they are parting immediately after a loss.. I'd call them out publicly and fire their asss
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation

Some people thing they play better when they're high.
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysenelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Those people are losers in life. You are given such a blessing in being in the NBA and your doing that immature bullshit. What a waste of space.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
mentallooser
High School Varsity 6th Man

mentallooser has an OK reputation so far

You wanna get high that's cool but you don't gotta do it right before a game. Do it after, or way earlier that day so you're mello but not stoned on the bench. Though to be fair I get why the dudes who never get to play do it.
mentallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ is considered somewhat coolmattvNJ is considered somewhat coolmattvNJ is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Those people are losers in life. You are given such a blessing in being in the NBA and your doing that immature bullshit. What a waste of space.
couple of my buddies would play high school and college ball after smoking. Centers some people i never understood it though haha. Its quite immature especially when the fans and owners are so reliant on these players to flourish. Its a shame but a fact of life, people wanna enjoy themselves how ever they please but they need some priorities in life. Toke up after the game for all i care, just not during when people are putting money into you to live this life.
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Big Cheese
I hit open 5-footers

Big Cheese has decent reputationBig Cheese has decent reputation

didnt artest say he use to get drunk at halftime?
Big Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

rather have my players smoking weed than riding motorcycles. but of course not doing either would be better
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
rather have my players smoking weed than riding motorcycles. but of course not doing either would be better
I like what you did there.....well played!
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Snitch
Now I gotta go look at the Bulls roster that year and try to guess which players smoked.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #11
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese
didnt artest say he use to get drunk at halftime?

only artest would drink hennessey at half time, and only he would admit to it

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_377027.html
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayunbreakable is starting to rub some people the wrong way

1 Jalen Rose $12,072,500
2 Eddie Robinson $5,687,000
3 Donyell Marshall $4,186,542
4 Tyson Chandler $3,556,200
5 Jay Williams $3,451,920
6 Marcus Fizer $2,946,240
7 Eddy Curry $2,879,280
8 Jamal Crawford $2,026,680

9 Greg Anthony $1,500,000
10 Corie Blount $1,400,000
11 Fred Hoiberg $1,400,000
12 Dalibor Bagaric $830,947
13 Rick Brunson $699,935
14 Erick Barkley $682,500
15 Trenton Hassell $512,435
16 Roger Mason $349,458
17 Lonny Baxter $349,458

bolded are my guesses on who smoked weed
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #13
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

fred hoiberg clearly puffed on dat ganja
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
hipballinjigga
Berkshire is the Woods

hipballinjigga has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
1 Jalen Rose $12,072,500
2 Eddie Robinson $5,687,000
3 Donyell Marshall $4,186,542
4 Tyson Chandler $3,556,200
5 Jay Williams $3,451,920
6 Marcus Fizer $2,946,240
7 Eddy Curry $2,879,280
8 Jamal Crawford $2,026,680

9 Greg Anthony $1,500,000
10 Corie Blount $1,400,000
11 Fred Hoiberg $1,400,000
12 Dalibor Bagaric $830,947
13 Rick Brunson $699,935
14 Erick Barkley $682,500
15 Trenton Hassell $512,435
16 Roger Mason $349,458
17 Lonny Baxter $349,458

bolded are my guesses on who smoked weed

I would agree but how can you ignore a player with that name (above in big font) not being a smoker?
hipballinjigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Jay Williams is a punk ass snitch. Hate that dude.

And who gives a shit if they smoke weed before the games? Big deal.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: