Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Default Knicks season thus far is a total success

- Top 5 team in the league record wise
- Melo leads the league in scoring, possibly on his way to his first scoring title
- Woodson fastest coach in Knicks history to 50 wins
- Amare fitting into the Knicks' concept

Sure they may have some lackluster effort sometimes, but every team does & the ones that play in major markets get that lackluster play magnified so the pressure is always on to improve. Honestly though you can't knock this team & what they've done this season like Magic Johnson did today saying this team is going "backwards" ... which is just a delusional statement.

We'll see how this team does in the playoffs, but so far so good for the New York Knicks.

Most Knicks fans like myself were expecting a top 10 record in the league (3rd, 4th seed) & a division title. So far the Knicks are on track for that while surpassing some expectations at the same time.

I'm just saying give credit where its due even if you hate the team.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

Default Re: Knicks season thus far is a total success

Arent they like 10-9 or something since STAT returned? And I just dont see them succeeding in the playoffs. They should advance to the second round but teams will buckle down come playoffs and the Knicks are pretty easy to guard.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Arent they like 10-9 or something since STAT returned? And I just dont see them succeeding in the playoffs. They should advance to the second round but teams will buckle down come playoffs and the Knicks are pretty easy to guard.
How are the Knicks pretty easy to guard when they have the arguably best scorer in the league, a legit post threat, a penetrating point guard, & 3 point shooters all around? Only way the Knicks are a flop in the playoffs is if their defense doesn't turn up.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

OP, where is your avatar from?
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
How are the Knicks pretty easy to guard when they have the arguably best scorer in the league, a legit post threat, a penetrating point guard, & 3 point shooters all around? Only way the Knicks are a flop in the playoffs is if their defense doesn't turn up.

Im talking about their main competition in Miami. LeBron can check Melo. Shut down their three point shooters and your good to go. Let Melo beat you. Clippers shut down their three point shooters today and look how that worked out. Chandler has no offensive game what so ever. Amare aint nothing to worry about. Right now they would play Boston first round and I think that is the last team they want to play out of seeds 5-8.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

they'll get swept by boston in the first round.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
OP, where is your avatar from?
One of A$AP's videos, Purple Kisses I think?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #8
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb

Were you born a f@ggot or are you just one by choice?
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #9
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
One of A$AP's videos, Purple Kisses I think?

Thanks man
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #10
MMM
877-954-1893

What is wrong with people having doubts about the Knicks in the post season???

People tend to want to see some evidence of sustained success before investing confidence in a situation. While the Knicks are having a successful season, there is still uncertainty about what Knick team we'll be seeing in April/May. People would like to see them win a round first before believe they are truly a contending level team.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #12
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

I never at the start of the season thought Melo & Smith could maintain there level of play but Melo has blown me away this season much respect. So far yeah its a complete success but from now on all that matters is making it deep intot he playoffs the goals have changed.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Knicks depend alot on the three which is why some have doubts about them in the playoffs. Not unreasonable.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
Clutch
NBA Legend

I'm not so sure we will get past the 1st round anymore.

A lot of things concern me,from bad coaching (sometimes I ask myself wtf is Woodson doing),low IQ of some players (Felton,J.R. and maybe even Melo) all the way to bad defense and inability of some role players to do anything good on the floor (Kidd,Brewer and Novak).

Let's face it,Knicks have looked bad on both ends of the floor for the last 6 weeks.
For most part they don't play defense,they fall down by 10+ early every game and just hope Melo will have a hot night and someone else will contribute (for example Melo had 42/8 yesterday but not a single Knick besides him showed up so they lost to the Clippers).

So yeah,I'm officially worried.

Knicks can either fix those issues and make a run all the way to the ECF or even the Finals if they get really hot from three or keep playing like shit and lose in the 1st round. Everything is possible.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'm not so sure we will get past the 1st round anymore.

A lot of things concern me,from bad coaching (sometimes I ask myself wtf is Woodson doing),low IQ of some players (Felton,J.R. and maybe even Melo) all the way to bad defense and inability of some role players to do anything good on the floor (Kidd,Brewer and Novak).

Let's face it,Knicks have looked bad on both ends of the floor for the last 6 weeks.
For most part they don't play defense,they fall down by 10+ early every game and just hope Melo will have a hot night and someone else will contribute (for example Melo had 42/8 yesterday but not a single Knick besides him showed up so they lost to the Clippers).

So yeah,I'm officially worried.

Knicks can either fix those issues and make a run all the way to the ECF or even the Finals if they get really hot from three or keep playing like shit and lose in the 1st round. Everything is possible.
You're just looking too hard for flaws. You really think the Knicks aren't gonna show the effort they do in the 2nd half in 1st halves in the playoffs? Knicks are clearly masters at saving their legs & that's exactly what their doing. & Woodson bad coaching? ...what? Not everyone is Phil Jackson or Greg Popovic bro.. just shows that some people can never be happy with the product that's on the floor. You're one of those people that after seeing their team win a championship would criticize how they won that championship & that they did it wrong.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: