Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #16
Nash
NBA rookie of the year
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,012
Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Its Disgusting that there are actually people still trying to discount Lebron. Beyond the glorified Stats the Dude is just a Phenomenal player one of the best Players to ever play the game. There will be alot of people who will MISS his greatness cause they are too worried about knocking him or hating on him because their hate for Lebron or Love for another player or team that will not let them recognize greatness.
They are disrespecting the game. Exactly the same thing with people who discount Kobe for all of his accomplishments.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,012
Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
Why just last 2 decades?

Adrian Dantley did it 3 times, won the scoring title 2 times with 18 fga and 56 fg% Adrian GOATley
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar did it 4 times, won the scoring title 2 times with 18 fga and 56 fg%
Aren't you the guy who belittles that generation all the time! You're like the biggest hater of that time period alive. But if its helps your argument against James... Don't you have any shame.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,131
TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Aren't you the guy who belittles that generation all the time! You're like the biggest hater of that time period alive. But if its helps your argument against James... Don't you have any shame.


He's just showing an example of how you can basically take any good to great player and cherry pick a few stats that make him look godly
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,859
tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

I'm getting so sick and tired of these random ESPN stats.

"The first player since....." STFU
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star
 
Deuce Bigalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,509
Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Aren't you the guy who belittles that generation all the time! You're like the biggest hater of that time period alive. But if its helps your argument against James... Don't you have any shame.
I see or what the 50's and 60s basketball for what it really was. I only come off as "belittling it" because some people (won't name names) compare Wilt's numbers to this era and think he would be as dominant Dantley and Kareem played in the 70's and 80's btw.
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 22,093
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
I see or what the 50's and 60s basketball for what it really was. I only come off as "belittling it" because some people (won't name names) compare Wilt's numbers to this era and think he would be as dominant Dantley and Kareem played in the 70's and 80's btw.


None of the eras should be belittled. It's still professional sports. It's the highest level of competition in the world that is available. There is no such thing as a time machine, so comparing eras is nothing but speculation on anyone's part. For all you know it was harder back then. They weren't pampered spoiled divas the way they are now, being catered to hand and foot.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #22
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,339
All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
One of the greatest of all time. There's no question anymore. Truly spectacular.

Just unreal what he is doing out there.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #23
imdaman99
Knicks all da way
 
imdaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,757
imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

great season but lets see if it means they go all the way. the heat are definitely the favorites, so if they dont than its a chokejob.

if they win it all, than yes a top 50 all time great season
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #24
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

The cherry picked stats are beyond retarded, and LeBron gushing is annoying, but he is having a monumental season.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
raid09
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,445
raid09 has decent reputation
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Because Lebron's disgusting cherry picking wasn't enough, now we have idiots cherry picking stats.


Honestly someone should do a custom play by play, and note down every time Lebron passes a good shot, preferring to pass the ball to Chalmers that throws a brick on a harder shot.

Or how many times Lebron just stands still with the ball on his hands, while people are running through screens, waiting to bosh get open top of the key, or Allen on the corner and then make a pass to the wide open guy and collect the assist.



Quick question... where was this Lebron when Wade was struggling? Why no cherry picking then? Lebron is so good, why couldn't he cherry pick like this and still win games?

How dare he.

A play where LeBron demands all the attention, a teammate gets open from off the ball screens and LeBron actually makes the pass for an open shot? What a stat padder. Clearly he should have ignored the play call and kept the ball.

Last edited by raid09 : 02-11-2013 at 04:28 PM.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #26
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Listening to the Heatles
Posts: 1,757
Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Some facts about Lebron's legendary season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
How dare he.

A play where LeBron demands all the attention, a teammate gets open from off the ball screens and LeBron actually makes the pass for an open shot? What a stat padder. Clearly he should have ignored the play call and kept the ball
.

Don't you know. Jacking up 35 empty shots while double teamed and not looking for the correct basketball play is the way to team success.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy