Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Prime MJ & Pippen vs Prime LeBron & Wade

Last night Kobe got asked this question and he said he would pick MJ & Pip because of the 6 rings. But achievements aside, if these two duos faced each other during their primes surrounded by equal talent (shooters and rebounders), what team would win?

Prime MJ be would 1988 or 1992
Prime Pippen 1993

vs

Current LeBron (perhaps not in his PEAK yet)
2006 or 2011 D-Wade
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people
Default Re: Prime MJ & Pippen vs Prime LeBron & Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
Last night Kobe got asked this question and he said he would pick MJ & Pip because of the 6 rings. But achievements aside, if these two duos faced each other during their primes surrounded by equal talent (shooters and rebounders), what team would win?

Prime MJ be would 1988 or 1992
Prime Pippen 1993

vs

Current LeBron (perhaps not in his PEAK yet)
2006 or 2011 D-Wade

That's a really tough one. I've gotta give the edge to Bron/Wade just because both of them in their primes are markedly better than Pip, and the edge that prime Jordan gives his team isn't big enough to overcome that IMO.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

A team with Prime MJ and Pippen easily

Even in 2v2 game.. MJ and Pippen would still win with ease..

Why?

Pippen will kill Bron and Wade in defense while Mike will help Scottie in offense a little bit.. If LeBron and Wade can find a way to score against Pippen then they have a chance but I think thats impossible coz prime Pippen was a beast in defense aka the greatest perimeter defender of all time and he was also almost on par with MJ in offense.. So Bron and Wade has no chance against Pippen..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Hoiids
Decent playground baller

Hoiids has not been impressing people

It's tough now that LeBron is basically a knock down 3 point shooter. Pippen would need to be able to guard LeBron on the 3pt line preventing the shot, if he does that I can see LeBron being able to drive past him.

Would be a tough game, could see it going either way really
Hoiids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation

Prime wade is 2008-2009 wade.I dont know where to rank this lebron.I have seen MJ play.Its like him playing,invincible so much better than anyone else you just cant compare him to anyone else.

Offensively lebron/wade duo is better however defensively pippen/jordan duo is better.But they are very close.So i really am not sure.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Very close. Peak (or prime) Jordan is better than everyone on the court - and while he and Pippen are better defensively (the difference is miniscule really), Wade and Bron are a much better tandem offensively.

I'd personally go w/ Mike and Pip simply due to #23 being able to RAISE his level of play ON CALL.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected poster

1.) Prime MJ

2+3.) Prime LeBron and Wade

HUGE GAP

4.) Prime Pippen

Give me Bron and Wade
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
1.) Prime MJ

2+3.) Prime LeBron and Wade

HUGE GAP

4.) Prime Pippen

Give me Bron and Wade

This minus the huge gap; adjust it to a smaller gap

Would be nothing less than awesome to see
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool

Lebron and Wade is a better offensive duo, Jordan and Pip better defensively. Pip is the weakest offensive player on the floor and that's probably where the main difference would lie.
Dragonyeuw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far

There are a lot of points as to why MJ and Pippen would win:

Jordan and Pippen were both excellent man defenders and help defenders.

Lebron and Wade are both excellent help defenders, but not as dominant in man defense.

Jordan would absolutely abuse Lebron/Wade with his post ups and quick first step, yet Lebron and Wade would face one of the best defensive perimeter duos the league has ever seen.

Kobe has shown that he can have success against the Heat by posting them up rather than relying on a face up game. If Kobe, at 34, is able to punish Wade like this, MJ would obliterate Wade.

Lebron might have size on Scottie, but Scottie was one of the toughest defensive players ever. Scottie in his prime was also a very athletic defender and I would imagine he would have a better time keeping up with Lebron than any defender Lebron has seen so far in his career.

That being said, I would say that LBJ and Wade would definitely give them a run for their money. It would be close, but ultimately, we're talking about the GOAT and possibly the GOAT sidekick of all time. Scottie definitely did everything MJ needed help on.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #11
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

MJ + Pip win becoss dey tha bess eva!!!
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

The one with LeBron
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

team with pippen easily. would shut down either lebrick or wade and run them out of the gym on offense. would also get some decent help from jordan. this isnt even close.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even if Wade and Lebron are better than Pippen at his best(which I dont feel a need to discuss) it doesnt mean they have more impact on which team plays the best. Wade and Lebron were in their primes in 2011 and lost to a Mavericks team most would agree the Bulls take apart. And lost in 6. Didnt even go the distance. Sure MJ/Pippen lost to the Pistons somewhat near their primes and to the Magic also...near their primes. But frankly I dont know what this league does with the Shaq/Penny/Nick/Scott/Horace Magic. Much trouble as any team with good bigmen give the Heat I wouldnt wanna see young Shaq with Bosh, Anthony, or Haslem guarding him.

It just isnt as simple as which team has the two highest peaks.

Id take Scottie and Mike and not have to think very long about it if im building a team to play a season together and try to win it all.

2 on 2 is a whole other story....but to play basketball for a year or two? Im not taking those clowns over MJ and Pippen. Id take Kobe and one of the others over them together if I have to contend with the likes of MJ and Pippen.

They dont have the mental toughness to deal with Jordan and Pippen was a bit of an ass too. I think they get taken out of their games a bit. And I suspect their teammates might step up more for them. Pippen helped his role players and MJ scared them into performing. Wade and Lebron seem to create more of a family happy go lucky situation I dont think works out well when MJ is dunking on someone and calling them a ****** before Pippen blocks a shot on the break and taunts you for 8 posessions about it.

Pippen/MJ just had more will to win to me. And Wade as of 06 or 09 is not current wade. Who can say he defers to a somewhat equal Lebron(Lebron has the edge but not by as much as he does now) the way he does now that hes lost a step?

Wade having a banged up season had a lot to do with Lebron taking over as the man. Wade at the top of his game is gonna just....stand by like he did and verbally and on the court give Lebron control?

I dont know. I see a lot of 2011 "ITs my turn...its your turn..." ball when they need to just pick someone to lead and someone to play off him.

The Bulls never had that problem. Everyone knew their roles and thrived in them.

The chemistry comes faster that way. Quickly assembled 7 game series I bet the Jordan/Pippen team wins in 5 or 6. The Heat took a long time to get it together. After 2-3 years of chemistry building and learning who does what....tossup. Id still bet on the team with Jordan....but I wouldnt call it a cakewalk.

Quickly thrown together teams? Mj and Pippen are stepping right into their roles and doing work. 06/09 Wade and 09 or current Lebron would take 3 games to stop going back and forth taking turns in isolation play.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 02-11-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Very close. Peak (or prime) Jordan is better than everyone on the court - and while he and Pippen are better defensively (the difference is miniscule really), Wade and Bron are a much better tandem offensively.

I'd personally go w/ Mike and Pip simply due to #23 being able to RAISE his level of play ON CALL.
MJ is the best player of the bunch, clearly.

Bron and Wade are more talented, but kind of redundant talents, and when both healthy, alpha issues can arise.

With MJ and Pip, there is a natural hierarchy and games that complement each other.

It's a difficult pick. In a 5 on 5 team setting, MJ and Pip all day. It's the proven commodity, too.

In a 2 v 2 scenario? Bron and Wade, because the worst of the tandem is better than Pippen.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: