Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Anybody else think this Macklemore rapper sounds like Eyedea?

No it's not because he's white but his actual voice and rap style remind me of dead underground legend Eyedea. Anybody else? I heard this song on TNT tonight after the game and at first I thought it was Eyedea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAg3uMlNyHA

Sick rapper .
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board
Default Re: Anybody else think this Macklemore rapper sounds like Eyedea?

sorry, i just can't listen to rappers with no blackness in their voice.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apart from that Thrift Shop song, this guy is f*cking terrible.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #4
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Apart from that Thrift Shop song, this guy is f*cking terrible.

I liked this one I posted quite a bit to get you pumped for a workout. Didn't mean he's equal to Eyedea, just similar voice and delivery in the handful of songs I heard.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #5
atljonesbro
National High School Star

atljonesbro has decent reputation

Macklemore is horrible. He barely even rhymes his words. Like he completely ignores it. Dude is fu*king awful and corny.
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mackelmore is not great by any means, but he's better than most new rappers....at least he has puts a bit of soul into his songs,ore of an artists than 90% of these generic cats that won't even be remember 4years from now
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #7
atljonesbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Mackelmore is not great by any means, but he's better than most new rappers....at least he has puts a bit of soul into his songs,ore of an artists than 90% of these generic cats that won't even be remember 4years from now
No, why do people who suck lyrically put rap about "real sh*t" get more credit than people who are actually good. Macklemore is an awful lyricist and rap should be about the lyrics. You can't tell me someone who COMPLETELY ignores rhyming so god damn often is a good lyrical rapper. No one values skill no more smh.

Like one of his most popular songs Wings, yeah it's inspirational but listen to the lyrical content, it's fu*king pathetic. Anyone can pick up a mic and just talk about shit like that.

Last edited by atljonesbro : 02-15-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #8
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Like one of his most popular songs Wings, yeah it's inspirational but listen to the lyrical content, it's fu*king pathetic. t.
It's inspirational but the content is pathetic? What? He rhymes just fine; it's just a slow beat, and he's not double timing it.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of his, but I appreciate what he's doing for the genre. He brings in a lot of people who would not be listening to rap otherwise.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #9
atljonesbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
It's inspirational but the content is pathetic? What? He rhymes just fine; it's just a slow beat, and he's not double timing it.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of his, but I appreciate what he's doing for the genre. He brings in a lot of people who would not be listening to rap otherwise.
Pretty much all of his rhymes are one syllable and simple as hell when he ACTUALLY RHYMES. Dude is awful. If he can be a rapper anyone can. Just talk about corny sh*t with an over the top voice and have incredibly simplistic lyrics while ignoring rhyming all together a lot of the time.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #10
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've enjoyed his songs. I'm not a purist so I just enjoy good music.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

not really but Seattle and Minneapolis sure have a LOT of white rappers.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"They be like oh that Gucci that's hella tight,

I be like yo... that's $50 for a t-shirt."
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Pretty much all of his rhymes are one syllable and simple as hell when he ACTUALLY RHYMES. Dude is awful. If he can be a rapper anyone can. Just talk about corny sh*t with an over the top voice and have incredibly simplistic lyrics while ignoring rhyming all together a lot of the time.

so record your stuff and post it here.

or are you just full of shit and talking out your ass?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: