Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #16
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Teen gives the judge the finger

Also this photographic evidence is making me reconsider. I need to see more before I render my judgement.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #17
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
$5,000 isn't a fine. It's bail.
I know; what's your point?

The "contempt of court" would have never happened had the judge not whimsically doubled the woman's bail.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #18
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I don't know what she did in the first place to be there,

It was a drug charge, possessing of "Xanax bars" without a prescription.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #19
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
In California, you can get up to 6 months in jail for contempt of court and fined a thousand bucks.

I'm aware of that, but if I were a judge, I would reserve those punishments for people screaming and being very unruly. Muttering something under your breath and flipping the bird as you walk away because of a verdict you don't think of as fair is pretty minor IMO. I don't know what the standard verdict would be for what she did, but I don't feel like it should be 20 days in jail. Especially a teenager with no priors (again, I don't know what initially brought her in there though).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Come on man some of us are at work.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
I know; what's your point?

The "contempt of court" would have never happened had the judge not whimsically doubled the woman's bail.

Which wouldn't have happened if she showed the judge some respect.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Which wouldn't have happened if she showed the judge some respect.
She fucking said good-bye. Holy shit.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #23
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Penelope Soto, the Florida teen who was jailed after flipping off a Miami-Dade judge, avoided a month behind bars Friday after she apologized to him in person, reports CBS Miami.

.....Soto tearfully apologized to the judge and admitted she was under the influence of Xanax and alcohol during her first hearing. He then dropped her contempt of court charges and vacated her 30-day jail term.
Judge seems like a reasonable guy.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
ace23

A reasonable guy who came to after coming down from his power trip
Old 02-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
A reasonable guy who came to after coming down from his power trip

Or after she realized her mistake and showed respect for the court. Seems like a good lesson for a 18 year old to learn.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #26
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

If I were him the whole thing would've been settled in chambers if you know what I mean.

jk
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #27
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
If I were him the whole thing would've been settled in chambers if you know what I mean.

jk

i dont know what you mean

explain plz
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #28
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

jk

The judge is probably a eunuch. That's why he did what he did.

He couldn't settle it in chambers, because she would have kept giggling if he dropped trou. That's where his resentment originates.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #29
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

That was good to hear. And she did seem like she was on something at the hearing.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #30
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
i dont know what you mean

explain plz

I don't care how bad it's going to hurt, don't let this guy put you under.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: