Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Smile The Official Andrea Bargnani Bandwagon !!

Thats right ! He is officially my first choice for this years draft. The 7-1 and 245 pounds forward is my first choice. The guy is absolutely amazing, he is going to be something special. If Raptors draft him at 4th spot he is going to be a steal. This guy can play Center and his skills are amazing. I just saw 2 of his full matches and this guy is the real deal !!! I would be dissapointed if we dont draft this guy. We need a center and this guy will be able to hold the Center position better than Lamarcus Aldridge. We are lucky this guy never went to any workouts or people wouldved been all over him. He is a hard worker and he has the inside and outside game. He was the leading blocker on his team and i think the whole tournament. My fellow raptor fans join me in this bandwagon because if we grab him ! Than we are grabbing another Allstar to play beside Chris Bosh. Andrea Bargani is our guy !!!

Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

I'd rather wait and see who we pick, it would be very disappointing to start this up and then find that we trade down and draft someone else. The kid is a tremendous talent though, and given some proper coaching and the necessary time to develop his game, I have no doubt that he will be able to excel in the NBA. I feel like he has all-star capabilities, and in a draft full of role players, that is definately a great thing.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

pistol pete, is your last name Wonder, because you seem blind. It's obvious Bargnani is our pick, couldn't be anymore obvious unless we signed him to a contract before we even pick him, like the Cavs and Bron.

I'm on this, I was about 2 weeks ago, I love lanky shooters.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #4
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

No doubt the kid has talent but he is a poor rebounder, poor shot blocker, poor defender. Can't play center. He is a SF/PF two places we have good depth at.

Bottom line. Unless CV is traded he would be a bad pick.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
The Captain
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
No doubt the kid has talent but he is a poor rebounder, poor shot blocker, poor defender. Can't play center. He is a SF/PF two places we have good depth at.

Bottom line. Unless CV is traded he would be a bad pick.

that's ridiculous.

why would we trade cv if we are to draft Bargagni. LAst time I checked, it was a good thing to have depth. OH NO! watch out! we have 3 bigs who can play multiple spots....now we will lose every game! that sounded stupid didn't it?

You figure we have depth at sf/pf..... can you let me know who these outstanding ballers are? because last time i checked, yes, we did have other pf's and sf's, but i don't recall them being that good. Depth doesn't only mean quantity, it leans more towards the quality.

I'll bet you cash Bargagni finishes his rookie year with a better blocks and rebound average than Aldridge.

I'm all for Bargagni, we'll have to come up with a nickname....and not the Italian Stalion....that's reserved for Rocky, RockyII, Rocky III, Rocky IV and Rocky V.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
poor shot blocker

He led the playoffs in blocks. He is a good blocker and a decent defender.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

im not sold on this guy. I want LaMarcus.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 PM   #8
anadgnik
I airball my layups

I'll ride shotgun
anadgnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:35 AM   #9
brwnman

I have been driving for a while...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:04 AM   #10
power works
High School JV MVP

Cool Torn between Bargnani and Aldridge.

Given the limited resources your average Raptor fan has, it’s really hard to make a proper evaluation. Most of us has have only seen snippets of Bargnani.

At this point you’ve just gotta put your faith on BC.

If any of you caught that show --- behind the scenes NBA draft lottery --- the reporter who covers international b-ball for NBA TV was talking to BC about Bargnani (this was before we won #1), and BC was just absolutely glowing about the guy….saying that he would go in the top 3…..and that he regretted that he’d probably be gone if the Raps stayed in the 5th position.

One thing I didn't like about Aldridge is that he didn't work out against anyone.... like Gay and Morrison did against each other.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:11 AM   #11
420 All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain
that's ridiculous.

why would we trade cv if we are to draft Bargagni. LAst time I checked, it was a good thing to have depth. OH NO! watch out! we have 3 bigs who can play multiple spots....now we will lose every game! that sounded stupid didn't it?

You figure we have depth at sf/pf..... can you let me know who these outstanding ballers are? because last time i checked, yes, we did have other pf's and sf's, but i don't recall them being that good. Depth doesn't only mean quantity, it leans more towards the quality.

I'll bet you cash Bargagni finishes his rookie year with a better blocks and rebound average than Aldridge.

I'm all for Bargagni, we'll have to come up with a nickname....and not the Italian Stalion....that's reserved for Rocky, RockyII, Rocky III, Rocky IV and Rocky V.

this guy avg like 6 rebs in an Italian league.
you think he's a good rebounder?

depth is good of course, but a solid 1-5 comes first.
420 All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:25 AM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 All-Star
this guy avg like 6 rebs in an Italian league.
you think he's a good rebounder?

depth is good of course, but a solid 1-5 comes first.
He isn't a great rebounder, but giving the amount of time he got he wasn't bad. I think what he meant to say was that he has the potential to become the kind of rebounder we need. With his current size and then added strength once he gets over here, he will learn the skills and tricks needed to get a good amount of boards.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:49 AM   #13
420 All-Star

how much time did he get?
I thought for someone thats supposed to be as good as him would get lots of clock.
420 All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #14
power works
High School JV MVP

Thumbs up

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ts/Basketball/

Contrary to what some mock drafts are listing, Bargnani is 7 feet without shoes and between 246-248 lbs.

He's a big dude.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:46 PM   #15
bonez26
Local High School Star

Wow pretty good size. I would like him but not at the one. Aldridge would be one however if we trade down Bargnani or Marcus Williams would each fill a void for us
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: