Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default all you workout/nutritional bros, what are your favorite cheat foods?

And, how often do you cheat?

I cheat on two meals a week. I've read many times that cheating every now and then is good for the metabolism to "shock" it and kick it into overdrive. Don't know how truthful it is, but I follow that principle.

I just got through ruining a beast workout by eating a couple fried wontons.

Other cheat food items of choice:
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- French Fries
- Pizza
- Cheeseburgers
- Hot Pastrami Sandwiches
- Jalapeno chips
- Chicken or Shrimp Fried Rice
- Orange Chicken
- Chili Cheese Dogs

Uhhh, I know I'm missing a few, but I keep the selection a bit narrow.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: all you workout/nutritional bros, what are your favorite cheat foods?

Triple MChicken rom Mcdonald's stack it up with them french friez mix a little frank reds hot sauce and some horseradish then throw in a medium dominoz cheez pizza pie exta feta cheese extra sun dried tomatoes and then top it off with one of them drumsticks yum yum wih lots of peanuts and then the vanilla ice cream bite through that sweet cone and get that litl chocolate peace on the bottom fukk yes
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: all you workout/nutritional bros, what are your favorite cheat foods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Triple MChicken rom Mcdonald's stack it up with them french friez mix a little frank reds hot sauce and some horseradish then throw in a medium dominoz cheez pizza pie exta feta cheese extra sun dried tomatoes and then top it off with one of them drumsticks yum yum wih lots of peanuts and then the vanilla ice cream bite through that sweet cone and get that litl chocolate peace on the bottom fukk yes

LMAO.

I had like a half cheat/half healthy meal.

Fried wontons on the side of some steamed chicken and vegetables that tastes like straight water. So you're supplying your body with that protein and fiber and almost no extra nonsense. I added a dollop of Frank's Buffalo Wang sauce which upped the sodium content a smidge more than desired.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

I eat fried wonton's as my usual order whenever i get chinese...i didn't know they were that bad for you and would be considered a cheat food.

Cheat foods for me: Taco Bell, donuts, McDonald's fries
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
I eat fried wonton's as my usual order whenever i get chinese...i didn't know they were that bad for you and would be considered a cheat food.

Cheat foods for me: Taco Bell, donuts, McDonald's fries

The nutritional value varies place to place, but nothing deep-fried could be considered healthy. They taste too damn good to not be a cheat food.

Love me some donuts too. How many do you eat in one sitting? I try to limit myself to two.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I gave up grabbing fast food for my quick meals, but when I go to a sportsbar type place I'll still get a burger and fries. Also Lays Stax chips. I can't completely stay away from them. I'll eat a whole can in one sitting sometimes
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

a gourmet burger + onion rings
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #8
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

I haven't eaten sweets in over a year. My metabolism has skyrocketed as a result. Lately, i've been pigging out with no consequences unlike before
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Ice cream
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I haven't eaten sweets in over a year. My metabolism has skyrocketed as a result. Lately, i've been pigging out with no consequences unlike before

???

Explain
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

Quote:
???

Explain

I've noticed this too. I've spent the past two months basically getting my diet down to this:

Breakfast: Bowl of honey nut cheerios with regular milk at 10 am
Gym at 11 am (20 minutes jogging, or a squats, bench, pullup day)
Evening meal 7 pm: 2 chicken breast, brown rice, some cheese, guac and salsa.

After that, whenever I am hungry (9 pm or so) i'll eat some carrots and drink some v8 fruit fusion.

I try to do that meal, or something nutrionally similar M-F. Since i've been doing that I've noticed my stomach is a lot flatter, my metabolism is higher, and my cheat meals on weekend (pizza, etc) don't seem to slow me down the same way.

#metabolismskyrocketingforthewinenergyalldaywin
sundizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

im all for bulk right now so i pretty much eat anything from pizzas to hamburgers to ice creams and all kind of chocolates ( lots of proteins and calories )
looking good so far even if i get some fat, summer is coming and so are basketball and swimming, all will go away.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
???

Explain

This may be a simple way of explaining it but I read that eating sugary foods make it so you store fat more often. A lot of obese people don't just eat fattening foods, they drink soda and juice with it.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

mcgangbang
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
im all for bulk right now so i pretty much eat anything from pizzas to hamburgers to ice creams and all kind of chocolates ( lots of proteins and calories )
looking good so far even if i get some fat, summer is coming and so are basketball and swimming, all will go away.

I tried to do a google search on your avy and failed.

Who is that? Full-size version please?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: