Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Dead Rising & Dead Rising 2 Questions

I've played and completed the original Dead Rising (once back when I first purchased somewhere around '06 or '07, and now again, just now). It's a pretty solid game overall.

I have yet to play the second installment. I'm sure some of you have. Is it better than the first? About the same, or not nearly as good? I ask because if DR2 lacks anything new or original in comparison to DR1 then I'll probably skip it.

To give an example - I was extremely pleased with the original Bioshock, but Bioshock 2 IMO was a terrible follow-up. I couldn't compel myself to complete the game.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dead Rising & Dead Rising 2 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I've played and completed the original Dead Rising (once back when I first purchased somewhere around '06 or '07, and now again, just now). It's a pretty solid game overall.

I have yet to play the second installment. I'm sure some of you have. Is it better than the first? About the same, or not nearly as good? I ask because if DR2 lacks anything new or original in comparison to DR1 then I'll probably skip it.

To give an example - I was extremely pleased with the original Bioshock, but Bioshock 2 IMO was a terrible follow-up. I couldn't compel myself to complete the game.

I oddly didn't play Dead Rising, but got Dead Rising II because of the reviews, and I was bored. I didn't like it. It was too goofy for my taste. And on top of the goofyness, like the costumes you could put on, and the crazy weapons you could make, there was still this tense timed sense about getting your daughter her Zombrex medication.
To be fair, I didn't like enough that I never gave it a great chance.

Also, because I didn't play the first one, I can't really say how it compares and if you're liking the first would lead to a particular opinion on the second. But that's my take on the second.

I actually did the same thing with Bioshock. Didn't play the first, mainly because it was First Person, which I don't care for. But because of the reviews, I grabbed two, and never gave that a decent shot either because I just couldn't get into it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #3
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board

I played them both. The original Dead Rising is a classic in my opinion. It felt refreshing and it was fun. DR2 was fun and without a doubt a good game, but it was very over the top and just didn't have the same feeling and charm to it than the original. A lot of things seemed forced.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I love zombie games, but I could not get into the Dead Rising series. They're just too whacky and zany for my tastes. I prefer Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, and Yakuza Dead Souls.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: