Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #136
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Man Murders A Drunk Driver After Car Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
how did you get that from my posts?

and it was a careless mistake, obviously
It's not a "careless mistake"; it's reckless manslaughter.

Last edited by ace23 : 02-13-2013 at 04:52 PM.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #137
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
how did you get that from my posts?

and it was a careless mistake, obviously
the part where you say "he didnt deserve to die like that" makes it pretty clear.
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #138
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
yeah, I said that exact same thing when asked what I would do...it's impossible to know

I do know that the majority of those who go through this don't pull out guns after though
Because different situations might produce different results?

Say you were in this guy Barajas exact same situation, close to home, no cops around and time to get your vengeance. I bet a majority of fathers put lead on the asshole who just killed two of your kids.

When you are a parent, the love of your child is the greatest love you can ever have, seeing your child die in front of your eyes would make a lot of people lose it, literally.

I somehow doubt Barajas was thinking the day of the accident, "gee, I'd like to blow off some muthafakkah's head today, hopefully I'll get the chance"

Last edited by TheMan : 02-13-2013 at 04:52 PM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #139
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
the part where you say "he didnt deserve to die like that" makes it pretty clear.
no, I can understand why the father shot...and I don't think he deserved to be shot (most likely, unless somehow it was premeditated)
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #140
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan

Say you were in this guy Barajas exact same situation, close to home, no cops around and time to get venegeance. I bet a majority of fathers put lead on the asshole who just killed two of your kids.

When you are a parent, the love of your child is the greatest love you can ever have, seeing your child die in front of your eyes would make a lot of people lose it, literally.

I somehow doubt Barajas was thinking the day of the accident, "gee, I'd like to blow off some muthafakkah's head today, hopefully I'll get the chance"
right but he is one of many that go through this...of the 9,000+ that die every year from drunk drivers there are a decent chunk of those that are children (I think I remember seeing 400 something)...this is rare occasion...which is why the thread was made

I mean I think it is safe to assume most don't think like this man...I don't think I would, I think I would be to devastated to think about a revenge kill
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #141
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
right but he is one of many that go through this...of the 9,000+ that die every year from drunk drivers there are a decent chunk of those that are children (I think I remember seeing 400 something)...this is rare occasion...which is why the thread was made

I mean I think it is safe to assume most don't think like this man...I don't think I would, I think I would be to devastated to think about a revenge kill
You never know, dude. Unless you're in that situation, we are all talking out of our ass.

When I watch WWII movies or war movies in general and during a fierce fire fight, my wife would ask me how I think I would react, would I be the soldier out there leading his men into hostile fire or would I be the one hiding from the fight and I tell her I have no idea. I would like to think I'd be the brave dude but what if my self perserverence instinct kicks in overdrive?

I honestly have no clue and unless you've been there, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #142
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Say you were in this guy Barajas exact same situation, close to home, no cops around and time to get venegeance. I bet a majority of fathers put lead on the asshole who just killed two of your kids.

Except, one of his children wasn't pronounced dead until sometime later at the hospital. Time could've been spent, you know, trying to help the victims. Instead, the guy goes back into his house retrieving a weapon, so he can put one in the head of the other driver.

Barajas is a murderer.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #143
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Except, one of his children wasn't pronounced dead until sometime later at the hospital. Time could've been spent, you know, trying to help the victims. Instead, the guy goes back into his house retrieving a weapon, so he can put one in the head of the other driver.

Barajas is a murderer.
careful dude, logic is frowned upon in this thread
Old 02-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #144
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
You never know, dude. Unless you're in that situation, we are all talking out of our ass.

When I watch WWII movies or war movies in general and during a fierce fire fight, my wife would ask me how I think I would react, would I be the soldier out there leading his men into hostile fire or would I be the one hiding from the fight and I tell her I have no idea. I would like to think I'd be the brave dude but what if my self perserverence instinct kicks in overdrive?

I honestly have no clue and unless you've been there, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.
I agree, and like I said, that is the same thing I said earlier in this thread when asked what I would do...I said "it is impossible to know"

but I was just pointing out that it does look as though the majority do not think like this man...it's a rare story and dd deaths, even to children, are not rare
Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #145
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:

Barajas is a murderer.
If the driver is proven drunk, the jury will be sympathetic to him...manslaughter and out after a few years.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #146
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
If the driver is proven drunk, the jury will be sympathetic to him...manslaughter and out after a few years.

I don't care what he ends up being convicted of.

Barajas shot someone in the head before first responders arrived on scene. I don't have to be an apologist for drunk driving to say he was wrong and murdered that man.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #147
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
assuming the other driver was at fault, I'm not sure why his sobriety matters that much

it's manslaughter by the other driver no matter what he was doing to cause the wreck...maybe he fell asleep at the wheel, maybe he was texting, maybe he ran a light, maybe he decided to commit suicide by driving into the other lane...etc etc...weather would be the best excuse but I didn't read anything about icy roads or rain.

It was a fatal mistake behind the wheel regardless of drunk or sober...and like I said earlier, I don't think the father knew or cared about his sobriety when he went for revenge...all he knew was that some asshole crashed into him and killed his kids.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #148
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Barajas is a murderer.
We dont know what happened to his children, or exactly what he saw. One could have been cut in half by the vehicle, and the other pinned underneath in a coma state. The father most likely easily thought both his children where dead.

Lets not assume though.....
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #149
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Even if the father was convicted for the shooting, they could only get him for manslaughter, right?
It would be under heat of the moment/crime of passion/not premeditated, something of that nature.

LOL, please tell me you're joking?

#thankGodUrNotALawyer
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #150
intrinsic
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
We dont know what happened to his children, or exactly what he saw. One could have been cut in half by the vehicle, and the other pinned underneath in a coma state. The father most likely easily thought both his children where dead.

Lets not assume though.....

What are you trying to argue?

Barajas checked both his children for signs of life and investigated the crash scene under suspicion of drunk driving before executing this man?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: