Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #61
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Man Murders A Drunk Driver After Car Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
it isn't that simple...the person is drunk

That is fucking bullshit. It's called being accountable, proactive and responsible.

I've been shitfaced out of my mind with keys in my hand and my truck not far away. Never thought about driving. One time I even put the seats down and passed out in the back.

If you're going out, have a plan to get out of there safely. Walk. Get a taxi. Designated driver. Or don't drink. Before you start drinking, you're sober and perfectly capable of making the decision not to drink.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #62
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

If you get drunk and drive a car that crashes and kills someone, it should be 20 years jail minimum.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #63
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Imagine the guilt you'd have if you were drunk and killed 2 innocent children. At the same time, it doesn't mean you deserve to be executed that way. I'm not going to sit here and lie. I have driven drunk on two occasions. Then my sister who works at Memorial Hermann Hospital took me to her job and showed me a kid who was brain dead from a drunk driving accident. That was four years ago. Since then, I have never touched a car after drinking and I always advice my friends to avoid it also.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #64
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Dumb move by dad.
Should have waited a few months, or even years before doing it.

Not bad at all by dad. I mean if some dude ever kills some person I love in front of me, I would do the same thing. It's a thing of passion. You're not thinking at that point; it is stupid to suggest you are rational; you act on impulse and if that impulse is revenge, then there is nothing a person can do to act otherwise.

No one is going to think "Oh I'm going to kill this dude 6 months later when he goes to Reno and stays at the Ritz," the impulse is telling him to act right now and quickly.

If I was in that situation, I would prob do the same thing; I'm not better than him.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #65
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Imagine the guilt you'd have if you were drunk and killed 2 innocent children. At the same time, it doesn't mean you deserve to be executed that way. I'm not going to sit here and lie. I have driven drunk on two occasions. Then my sister who works at Memorial Hermann Hospital took me to her job and showed me a kid who was brain dead from a drunk driving accident. That was four years ago. Since then, I have never touched a car after drinking and I always advice my friends to avoid it also.
What part of Houston is your sister from/does she live in?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #66
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

I hope that 5 seconds that probably felt incredibly good after shooting that kid made it worth the next 20+ years he's going to spending in jail for a hommy
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #67
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i would have done the same if my son was killed and i had a gun.
Styles p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #68
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
neither are rare

right now it looks like drunk-driving is around 9k a year and text-driving around 4k...just my guesses based on the current trends and directions, I can't find 2012 numbers, just 2011

I bet in 5 years they will be about equal
youre so spoiled you can never admit to be wrong.

let me rephrase

Which happens less often?
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #69
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
That is fucking bullshit. It's called being accountable, proactive and responsible.

I've been shitfaced out of my mind with keys in my hand and my truck not far away. Never thought about driving. One time I even put the seats down and passed out in the back.

If you're going out, have a plan to get out of there safely. Walk. Get a taxi. Designated driver. Or don't drink. Before you start drinking, you're sober and perfectly capable of making the decision not to drink.

I agree.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #70
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ugly ass family
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #71
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The USA is way too lenient with drunk drivers. Back in my college days, one of my roomates went out driving while blacked out drunk one night, and ended up rear ending a parked car, ultimately resulting in a DUI. The guy was completely blacked out, he did not remember a single thing from the entire arrest. He could have EASILY killed an entire family that night, yet he was back on the road after a few months. His "punishment" was going to diversion classes once a week for a few months (he described it as "group drug therapy") and pay a few thousand dollars worth of fines and fees. After that it was like nothing ever happened, he said that he even managed to get it completely wiped from his driving record, so if a cop runs his plates they dont see DUI in their search results.

All that said, I dont think we should just start executing drunk drivers on the spot. I can certainly see why a father would react like this in the heat of the moment, but the father should have just let the driver be arrested.

2nd late edit: also, this is one of the very few threads in ISH OTC history where I agree with hawker. crazy that it takes drunk driving to see eye to eye on something.

Last edited by Nanners : 02-12-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #72
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

Totally agree
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #73
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Ugly ass family
lmao what an ass
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #74
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

of course the guy went overboard and yes i do think D&Ding is a "mistake". But its hard to imagine the guy watching his 2 young sons helping push his car in the dark cause of his mistake (running out of gas?) only to get mowed over by a drunk driver. in his situation, armed with a gun its hard to blame him
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #75
shaq2000
mde

shaq2000 has decent reputationshaq2000 has decent reputation

PT defending drunk driving, nice.
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: