Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #31
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My beef with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Someone who actually holds the players accountable, and doesn't just talk about it.

How many times do I have to hear lines like this: “Our guys have to hold their composure, that’s on me,”

He's been saying it's on him since mid December. It's not end of February. It's time to make a change, and not just swap Brewer and White into the starting lineup.
So in other words you have no idea.

This is a veteran team, they will always do what they want.

No coach is gonna come in here and hold guys accountable for not caring.

What will he do? Bench the starters? They getting paid anyway.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

knickscity: It's Melo's fault
franchize: It's Grunmwald fault
Sarcastic: It's Woody's fault
Clutch: Agree's with Franchize then Sarcastic

I think going into the season this roster was flawed. Taking into account the injuries, age, and coach this was never a 18-5 team. For everyone to get so emotional at this point that the team is playing .500 ball or slightly better was delusional. All those cast of characters that was hyping this team early in the season no longer post here but the residue of their stupidity has left this place with a tainted smell.

So to reiterate the roster was never that good their is a difference between veteran team and KRUSTY some of you got it twisted (Grummy), the person that is leading this team isnt that good although I saw how people were buying that players are being held accountable. Dont see how thats possible when people are not getting benched or time isnt being taken away its just words. Not much of an X's and O's guy anyways (Woody), the team follows Melo's lead. I dont think he's playing at the same consistent level as a team player from the beginning of the season to now. This balls down to his teammates can not be trusted to do anything and perform. This is where I think things gets tough for him he thinks he has to score more to make up for their flaws instead of trying to make them better. How can he do that? Thats what a real leader finds out.

I say all this only to curb the panic because too many fans put too high of expectations on the team. The hot start gave the Knicks a little cushion in the wins and lost column. This team needs time to either get Wallace/Camby back or Grummy to find replacement bigs. This team can not play normal sized with only Chandler and Stat. From their its about finding the right chemistry and rotation. Woody is putting his trust in the core guys to find their way no over coaching with a super veteran team thats how its done whether we like it or not.

I am waiting for March/return of Camby or Wallace/or 2 new bigs. Its going to take some time though fellas. We will find out soon enough what this team is going to be.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #33
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I think it's all Rameek's fault.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #34
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I think it's all Rameek's fault.

This pick has no baring on anything I'm just crazy!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #35
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
So in other words you have no idea.

This is a veteran team, they will always do what they want.

No coach is gonna come in here and hold guys accountable for not caring.

What will he do? Bench the starters? They getting paid anyway.

I would have to see all the names available. It has to be a strong disciplinarian.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I would have to see all the names available. It has to be a strong disciplinarian.
Larry Brown?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #37
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Dan D'antoni.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #38
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

“They never called, and I kind of appreciate that,” Jackson said. “Because if they called, it would open the door and they didn’t want to open the door.

“I wasn’t going to take that job, that’s for sure,” he added.

Why?

“There’s just too much work that has to be done with that team,’’ he said. “You know? It’s just not quite — it’s clumsy. It’s a little bit of a clumsy team.’’

Explaining what he meant by clumsy, Jackson said, “Well, they don’t fit together well. Stoudemire doesn’t fit well with Carmelo. Stoudemire’s a really good player. But he’s got to play in a certain system and a way. Carmelo has to be a better passer, and the ball can’t stop every time it hits his hands. They need to have someone come in that can kind of blend that group together.”

Phil's available.....
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #39
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
“They never called, and I kind of appreciate that,” Jackson said. “Because if they called, it would open the door and they didn’t want to open the door.

“I wasn’t going to take that job, that’s for sure,” he added.

Why?

“There’s just too much work that has to be done with that team,’’ he said. “You know? It’s just not quite — it’s clumsy. It’s a little bit of a clumsy team.’’

Explaining what he meant by clumsy, Jackson said, “Well, they don’t fit together well. Stoudemire doesn’t fit well with Carmelo. Stoudemire’s a really good player. But he’s got to play in a certain system and a way. Carmelo has to be a better passer, and the ball can’t stop every time it hits his hands. They need to have someone come in that can kind of blend that group together.”

Phil's available.....
I wonder who he would prefer to have Stat or Melo
Old 02-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #40
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I wonder who he would prefer to have Stat or Melo

Los Angeles Lakers Coach Phil Jackson was chuckling about the latest in the unending trade rumors involving Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony.

"I haven't even entertained it," Jackson said after the Lakers' practice in Boston. "My first thought is why are these [media] people interrupting my life with these kind of rumors."

The latest rumbling concerns a possible trade of Andrew Bynum and Ron Artest for Anthony and Al Harrington, but the Los Angeles Times reports that a Lakers official, who will not speak publicly, "steadfastly denied it." The trade deadline is Feb. 24.

"We don't really deal with the unknowns," Kobe Bryant said. "You might as well talk about UFOs, too."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/L...-rumors-020911
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #41
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man PHUQQ Phil Jackson. He only coaches when he has the best player or best roster in the league anyway. He might as well coach LeBron. They both would rather bail then compete against the best anyway. Only reason he wanted to come back was to coach that loaded roster in LA. To hell with him.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #42
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Man PHUQQ Phil Jackson. He only coaches when he has the best player or best roster in the league anyway. He might as well coach LeBron. They both would rather bail then compete against the best anyway. Only reason he wanted to come back was to coach that loaded roster in LA. To hell with him.
Y you mad at Phil for saying the same thing we've been saying? This roster is trash and the Knicks FO is trash. I dont get where your angst comes from.

Discrediting Phil's success because he doesnt believe in the same organization that we (you & I) complain about...

There is a reason FA's dont come here and the Knicks have to overpay for talent coaching or otherwise.

please explain
Old 02-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #43
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Stan Van Gundy.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #44
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Stan Van Gundy.
That would be quite funny actually.

Stan will call out anyone on the team PUBLICLY.

He wouldn't make it a month under Dolan's with his hush hush media policy.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #45
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

He's a pretty good coach though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: