Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #46
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My beef with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Y you mad at Phil for saying the same thing we've been saying? This roster is trash and the Knicks FO is trash. I dont get where your angst comes from.

Discrediting Phil's success because he doesnt believe in the same organization that we (you & I) complain about...

There is a reason FA's dont come here and the Knicks have to overpay for talent coaching or otherwise.

please explain
Because I don't see why he's relevant in what we do here. To hell with him. I'm not discrediting him. It's just like if you went to the media to discuss my marriage or something. We don't need Phil. Screw him. We all know if we didn't get off to a great start, he'd quit anyway. If he doesn't want the job, which wasn't even offered to him to begin with, just shut up lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #47
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Phil was right though.

Didn't want him as coach but won't knock his assessment.

Woodson is good for this group.

Now the question remains.....how can you not compete for the coach and teammates that all like each other?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #48
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Because I don't see why he's relevant in what we do here. To hell with him. I'm not discrediting him. It's just like if you went to the media to discuss my marriage or something. We don't need Phil. Screw him. We all know if we didn't get off to a great start, he'd quit anyway. If he doesn't want the job, which wasn't even offered to him to begin with, just shut up lol
Pretty sure he was asked for his opinion or comment.

How do you know what he would do or not do? To be honest the guy can coach and has a good system. He is exactly what is needed. There isnt one coach that I would take ahead of him. I would take Pop and Phil all day everyday.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #49
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Pretty sure he was asked for his opinion or comment.

How do you know what he would do or not do? To be honest the guy can coach and has a good system. He is exactly what is needed. There isnt one coach that I would take ahead of him. I would take Pop and Phil all day everyday.

Because every time he doesn't have a loaded roster, he eventually takes a leave of absence. Anyway, I'm not going to sit here and act like Phil isn't an all time great. I'm just tired of hearing his opinion like his word is golden.

But, for the record, I didn't want Phil and Popovich is he better coach. I want us to get one of these young studs doing grunt work as assistant coaches, who are licking their chops for a shot to be a head coach. I just think that's the wav of the future. Let's face it, this team isn't a contender this year. I want a guy this team can grow with. I don't want to be wondering whether thecoach will be with next year.

Last edited by franchize : 02-24-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #50
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People listen to guys with rings.

Bill Russell speaks, people listen....and he isn't the best at his position.

Phil speaks, people listen.

Rings give you the right to talk, I dont wanna hear squat from dudes with no rings, most notably Charles Barkley, but there are quite a few more.

This team is full of vets, a young rook would get walked over.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #51
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

The facts are the facts regardless of where or who you hear it from.

It wouldnt matter whether you wanted Phil or not he wasnt coming here unless he had full control because of the idiots in the FO.

If Melo didnt listen to D'antoni he sure isnt listening to some young dude.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #52
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

This team doesn't have time to grow with anyone. If they're going to do anything, it's going to be in the next two years.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #53
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
The facts are the facts regardless of where or who you hear it from.

It wouldnt matter whether you wanted Phil or not he wasnt coming here unless he had full control because of the idiots in the FO.

If Melo didnt listen to D'antoni he sure isnt listening to some young dude.

Still waiting for proof he tuned him out.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #54
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
If you cant tell the difference between a player going through the motions and not dont know what to tell you. And its not the point regardless and its irrelevant if you believe he and this team would listen to some new jack coach so be it. not going into another tangent.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #55
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That Carmelo wasn't playing for D'antoni? It was laughably obvious to anyone who isn't a blind homer.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #56
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
If you cant tell the difference between a player going through the motions and not dont know what to tell you. And its not the point regardless and its irrelevant if you believe he and this team would listen to some new jack coach so be it. not going into another tangent.

I see nothing different between Melo's play and the entire Lakers team. This argument is not going to go anywhere. My stance is always going to be the same. Mike D'Antoni is a terrible coach and as a result, that's why we looked bad. Period. He consistently puts players in bad positions for the sake of him applying his idiotic methods of basketball. We didn't win before Melo. We didn't win when Melo got here. The Lakers aren't winning. The team D'Antoni coaches after he leaves the Lakers probably won't go very far either.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #57
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

What Melo is trying to do for Woodson is the same thing D'antoni wanted.

Only difference, D'antoni wanted him to run the offense and thats not his game.

woodson is running D'antonis offense.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #58
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

+ lots and lots of isos.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #59
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
What Melo is trying to do for Woodson is the same thing D'antoni wanted.

Only difference, D'antoni wanted him to run the offense and thats not his game.

woodson is running D'antonis offense.
D'Antoni wanted him to run the point and could care less about defense. How exactly is that the same thing? Matter of fact, don't answer that. I don't even want to continue discussing that coward. If anyone quit on his tesm, he did...literally. Then he lucked up into a dream roster somehow and is doing about as bad a job as you possibly could. To hell with him.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #60
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

You talk about these coaches like they molested you or something. Lighten up man, I'm worried about your health.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: