Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
bmulls
Great college starter

Default Re: I hate stupid parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
LOL, explain to me how the flu vaccine (which is what we're talking about in here) has prolonged the average life expectancy from 20 to 30 years to 70 to 80 years?

How many people die from the flu on an annual basis?

Sanitation and proper knowledge of germs has been the principle catalyst in prolonging human life, not vaccinations.

You're an idiot dude.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #17
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Yet, you believe vaccinations should be mandated?
Yes because it prepares your immune system and doesn't let it generate into a full blown flu or whatever illness. Most people's immune systems are strong enough, but at risk patients need a weakened version so their immune system can prepare the right biomarkers in case of exposure.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You're an idiot dude.

An insult without explanation. I think we've seen this before. Please, kind sir, school me on how sanitation and knowledge of germs didn't amplify life expectancy, and how the flu vaccine did.

... go on ... we're (I'm) waiting.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
An insult without explanation. I think we've seen this before. Please, kind sir, school me on how sanitation and knowledge of germs didn't amplify life expectancy, and how the flu vaccine did.

... go on ... we're (I'm) waiting.
This is a strawman. The purpose of vaccinations is not to increase life expectancy.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yep. For about the first 100.000 years of human existence the average life expectancy was about 20 years.

Why change up folks? The negatives outweigh the positives! Connect the dots!

- Has little to do with Vaccines and much more to do with Food / Water source and supply....

- You can go to any Village in a 3rd world country without Clean water and food supply.....Give them as much Polio Vaccine's you can carry.....Kids will still get Polio.

- The in increase in Life expectantcy is because Americans have clean running water, Indoor plumbing , vast food supply for everyone ...not because of vaccines.

Even talking to my Grandfather about how much Water supply has changed in the past 70 years....he drank sometimes mostly stagnent water from a farm.....

- Having clean water and Food is better for your immune system and will allow you to Fight off deadly deseases....

- of course some people may still get ( people still get it even though they been Vaccinated)....The benefits of injecting vaccines into Children does not OUTWAY the cost....

- again.....vaccines at one point in time were a cost effective way to try and supress certain deseases....so was Blood Letting ( cutting your arms and letting Blood drain out)..

but make no mistake about it...the long term effects do more harm then the actual deseases.....

America needs to change our policies.....and stop letting Billion dollar vaccine makers scare everyone into submission.

Quote:
Malaria is another one of the top neglected diseases that world health leaders want to address with AMCs, but the ability to resist diseases like malaria requires a strong immune system, and for that, you require good nutrition, clean drinking water, and sanitation. If we want to help people in other countries to lower their malaria rates, and rates of other infectious diseases (like infection-associated diarrhea, which is one of the most common, and most preventable causes of death among children in the developing world) it would be wise to focus on these basics first.

Infectious organisms are more likely to penetrate the bodies of malnourished children due to inadequate vitamin C, which causes their skin to break down more easily and facilitates the entry of bacteria and other pathogens. The same is true for vitamin A deficiency, another common third-world problem, which results in increased susceptibility to infection and which could be rectified in individuals for pennies a day. Also, the living conditions of third-world children are often so poor that they are exposed to inordinately large numbers of pathogens, from which they have little defense.

In order to eradicate infectious disease from a nation, you also have to first address compromised immune systems. If you hit immune suppressed children with a potent, adjuvant-loaded vaccine, you're far more likely to create new disease, not eradicate it.

With all of the billions being poured into vaccines to “save” the children, how many water purification systems could have been built? How many sanitation facilities? How many rations of meat and fresh produce?

Even Bill Gates himself has admitted that vaccines alone don't eradicate disease. In a Wall Street Journal article about the resurgence of polio in African countries, Gates said that's why he is revamping his disease fight to incorporate health, hygiene, and clean drinking water programs into vaccination programs.1 Polio spreads, after all, largely through feces-contaminated water, so ignoring that major risk factor while trying to eradicate the disease is ignorant, to put it nicely.

What's really interesting is that at least one major vaccine maker has also echoed these sentiments, as evidenced on the front page of GlaxoSmithKline's presentation to shareholders in June 2010:2

"With the exception of clean drinking water, vaccines are the most cost-effective public health measure," GSK said.

What if, just what if, the same amount of money that has been spent on vaccines over the past decade had been spent on sanitation facilities, toilets, healthy food and clean water instead?

easiest example

Doctor: hey everyone......look at all these people ( who don't have fresh water) getting sick.....I made a Vaccine.....I can inject you with it....you may or may not still get it....

Patient: But I do have fresh water...I do live healthy.....why should I take a risk of injecting myself with dangerous chemicals....

real answer: Because we gotta make money.....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #21
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- Has little to do with Vaccines and much more to do with Food / Water source and supply....

- You can go to any Village in a 3rd world country without Clean water and food supply.....Give them as much Polio Vaccine's you can carry.....Kids will still get Polio.

- The in increase in Life expectantcy is because Americans have clean running water, Indoor plumbing , vast food supply for everyone ...not because of vaccines.

Even talking to my Grandfather about how much Water supply has changed in the past 70 years....he drank sometimes mostly stagnent water from a farm.....

- Having clean water and Food is better for your immune system and will allow you to Fight off deadly deseases....

- of course some people may still get ( people still get it even though they been Vaccinated)....The benefits of injecting vaccines into Children does not OUTWAY the cost....

- again.....vaccines at one point in time were a cost effective way to try and supress certain deseases....so was Blood Letting ( cutting your arms and letting Blood drain out)..

but make no mistake about it...the long term effects do more harm then the actual deseases.....

America needs to change our policies.....and stop letting Billion dollar vaccine makers scare everyone into submission.

easiest example

Doctor: hey everyone......look at all these people ( who don't have fresh water) getting sick.....I made a Vaccine.....I can inject you with it....you may or may not still get it....

Patient: But I do have fresh water...I do live healthy.....why should I take a risk of injecting myself with dangerous chemicals....

real answer: Because we gotta make money.....
So what exactly are the costs? You keep saying that but you're not listing any.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #22
bmulls
Great college starter

Holy shit I knew these kinds of people existed like that Jenny McCarthy retard but I didn't think there would be any on ISH.

Vaccines are responsible for the virtual elimination of measles, smallpox and polio. It is not some "dangerous chemical", it is an inert replica of the virus. It can not make you sick, all it does is prepare your immune system for the real thing. The same exact thing happens when you get the real virus, except you feel like shit for a week before your immune system fights it off (or in the case of polio you become paralyzed and die).

The flu kills 64k people on average every year:

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/f/flu/deaths.htm

Get vaccinated. If you want to be a fcking retard and not get a flu shot, stay at home and don't spread your shit to the rest of us normal rational people.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #23
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Shut your ****ing mouth.

Vaccinate. It saves lives.

Some people can't get vaccinated, being allergic or whatnot. You're contributing to them dying or getting polio or some awful, terrible shit by not vaccinating.
Herd Immunity - read about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Here is the death toll from idiotic anti-vaxxers (Namely Jenny McCarthy): http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.co...ount/Home.html

No I'm not....how am I contributing?....If I take care of my child and provide clean water and food, Keep my child healthy ( especially since Polio is through feces and fecal matter contaminated water) How am i contributing to Polio?

- but you would much rather inject your child with dangerous chemicals causing all sorts of Nuerological damage for the rest of his life???

- I can easily say that you are contributing to mental health problems on your child who interns effects society as a whole...

- You want everyone to take a FAT vaccine to keep them healthy even when they eat Junk food........I want everyone to eat Right and be healthy without having to take medication with dangerous side effects
Old 02-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Holy shit I knew these kinds of people existed like that Jenny McCarthy retard but I didn't think there would be any on ISH.

Vaccines are responsible for the virtual elimination of measles, smallpox and polio. It is not some "dangerous chemical", it is an inert replica of the virus. It can not make you sick, all it does is prepare your immune system for the real thing. The same exact thing happens when you get the real virus, except you feel like shit for a week before your immune system fights it off (or in the case of polio you become paralyzed and die).

Get vaccinated. If you want to be a fcking retard and not get a flu shot, stay at home and don't spread your shit to the rest of us normal rational people.

Quote:
Thiomersal (INN), commonly known in the US as thimerosal, is an organomercury compound. This compound is a well established antiseptic and antifungal agent.

The pharmaceutical corporation Eli Lilly and Company gave thiomersal the trade name Merthiolate. It has been used as a preservative in vaccines, immunoglobulin preparations, skin test antigens, antivenins, ophthalmic and nasal products, and tattoo inks[citation needed]. Its use as a vaccine preservative is controversial, and it is being phased out from routine childhood vaccines in the United States, the European Union, and a few other countries

Quote:
Thiomersal is very toxic by inhalation, ingestion, and in contact with skin (EC hazard symbol T+), with a danger of cumulative effects. It is also very toxic to aquatic organisms and may cause long-term adverse effects in aquatic environments (EC hazard symbol N).[10] In the body, it is metabolized or degraded to ethylmercury (C2H5Hg+) and thiosalicylate.[4]

Few studies of the toxicity of thiomersal in humans have been performed. Cases have been reported of severe poisoning by accidental exposure or attempted suicide, with some fatalities.[11] Animal experiments suggest that thiomersal rapidly dissociates to release ethylmercury after injection; that the disposition patterns of mercury are similar to those after exposure to equivalent doses of ethylmercury chloride; and that the central nervous system and the kidneys are targets, with lack of motor coordination being a common sign. Similar signs and symptoms have been observed in accidental human poisonings. The mechanisms of toxic action are unknown. Fecal excretion accounts for most of the elimination from the body. Ethylmercury clears from blood with a half-life of about 18 days in adults. Ethylmercury is eliminated from the brain in about 14 days in infant monkeys. Risk assessment for effects on the nervous system have been made by extrapolating from dose-response relationships for methylmercury.[12] Methylmercury and ethylmercury distributes to all body tissues, crossing the blood–brain barrier and the placental barrier, and ethylmercury also moves freely throughout the body.[13] Concerns based on extrapolations from methylmercury caused thiomersal to be removed from U.S. childhood vaccines, starting in 1999. Since then, it has been found that ethylmercury is eliminated from the body and the brain significantly faster than methylmercury, so the late-1990s risk assessments turned out to be overly conservative.[12] Though inorganic mercury metabolized from ethylmercury has a much longer half-life in the brain, at least 120 days, it appears to be much less toxic than the inorganic mercury produced from mercury vapor, for reasons not yet understood.[12]

and I'm not arguing certain adults should get Vaccinated...

I'm talking F'ng Little Kids/babies!!....when thier Bodys are still developing...

You want to inject vaccines into Kids?.....only a Fi'ng sheep would think like that.

- Then again, you didn't even know dangerous chemicals were in Vaccines....you are afing Idiot.

- Go get your Flu shot.....your dumbazz still gonna get sick with your weakazz imune system...running off rotten eggs
Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #25
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:

I think it stems from the ignorance on how vaccinations work biochemically. That's why we see posts like "injecting chemicals." A lot of misinformation out there.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

the Flu virus(es) change every year and the vaccine for the flu changes with it each year...some years the vaccine is much more effective than others, supposedly the vaccine that was given out this year was extremely effective.

I know a woman that got the vaccine years ago and still got the flu, and because of that she won't get the vaccine any more...but she doesn't understand that each year is different case.

I had both flu and whooping cough vaccines this year

<--- good parent ;)
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #27
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
and I'm not arguing certain adults should get Vaccinated...

I'm talking F'ng Little Kids/babies!!....when thier Bodys are still developing...

You want to inject vaccines into Kids?.....only a Fi'ng sheep would think like that.

- Then again, you didn't even know dangerous chemicals were in Vaccines....you are afing Idiot.

- Go get your Flu shot.....your dumbazz still gonna get sick with your weakazz imune system...running off rotten eggs
Do you not read your own post? It has been phased out in 1999. There's a good thing about medicine. As more information and data comes in, they fix it immediately. Not like other evil corporations you're portraying them as.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #28
ace23

AlphaWolf24 is one of the dumbest posters I've seen on this site.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #29
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
LOL, explain to me how the flu vaccine (which is what we're talking about in here) has prolonged the average life expectancy from 20 to 30 years to 70 to 80 years?

How many people die from the flu on an annual basis?

Sanitation and proper knowledge of germs has been the principle catalyst in prolonging human life, not vaccinations.

36,000 people die from the Flu on average each year.....

How many were 65 and older? ( the group that the Flu effects the most)

27,000 people died from unitentional poisonings.....

470,000 women died from cartiovascular desease.....

33,000 people died from suicide....( nearly the same amount as the Flu took)

what is your point?....you may die from getting sick?.....you are far more likely to die from bad eating habits......far more!

and just as Likely to off yourself as dying from flu..

Inject myself every year with rotten eggs and viruses?...no thanks.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #30
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
Do you not read your own post? It has been phased out in 1999. There's a good thing about medicine. As more information and data comes in, they fix it immediately. Not like other evil corporations you're portraying them as.

April 2012

Quote:
It is a common myth today that the vaccines administered to children no longer contain the toxic additive thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative linked to causing permanent neurological damage. But a recent federal case involving the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has revealed that, contrary to this widely-held belief, thimerosal is actually still present in many batch vaccines, including in the annual influenza vaccine that is now administered to children as young as six months old.

Filed by a citizen-backed coalition advocating vaccine safety, the lawsuit against the FDA alleged that the agency's continued endorsement and approval of thimerosal as a vaccine additive is a serious public health threat, especially since safer alternatives already exist and are widely used voluntarily by many vaccine manufacturers. But Judge Brett Kavanaugh, siding with antiquated pseudoscience, decided that thimerosal is not a health threat, and that those who wish to avoid it can simply choose thimerosal-free alternatives.

Ignoring the evidence of thimerosal's dangers brought before him on behalf of the millions of children across the country who continue to be injected with this mercury-based additive, Judge Kavanaugh declared that the plaintiffs, which include groups like the Coalition for Mercury-Free Drugs (CMFD), did not have proper standing to file the lawsuit. And in the process, both he and the FDA inadvertently admitted that thimerosal is still present in many childhood vaccines, which counters popular claims to the contrary.

still bieng used in most vaccines.....allthough they do provide Mercury free....not sure what other chemicals took the mercury's place?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: