Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #31
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
That isn't Llull . You don't even know names of players .

It was a nice pass from Weems but thats the only kind of pass I saw him do this season and he does it only 2 times in a game .

I said it over and over. He is a TROLL and he's never even seen any Euroleague game. He has no idea who any of these players even are.

I hope you finally accept it now.

He is here for ONE REASON ONLY, and that is to hate on European basketball.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #32
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Thats stupid .

Using that logic Planinic is best player in Europe .

And you only said that because Spanoulis is one of the players with most tos in EL history .

It's not stupid and that's not why I said it. Wooden gave a very detailed analysis of just why he believed that and why it was true.

You might want to check the all time leaders in NBA and Euroleague, or just look at the leaders from season to season. Clearly, the very best players are usually at the top in turnovers.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #33
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
:25 nice pass by Weems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzPnz0uOlgI


Also how about the block by Farmar?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZuEiV1Eks

Reminds Llull that he is not being guarded by some unathletic Euroleague guard like Spanoulis but by "Michael" Jordan Farmar!

You really are retarded. First, that's not Llull. It's Sergio Rodriguez, which proves TWO LIES from you. First, you claim to watch these Euroleague games and know the players. Lie proven.

Second, you claim to be a Knicks fan. Lie proven. Sergio Rodriguez played with the Knicks and yet you don't even know who he is. You are NOT a Knicks fan.

Finally, your statement is so ridiculous, considering that Sergio Llull is a hell of a lot more athletic than Jordan Farmar is.

So, you are proven to not even be a Knicks fan, like you claimed. No surprise, as you have been wrong on things about Jeff Van Gundy, Mirsad Turkan, Fred Weiss, Fabricio Oberto, Marcus Camby, all things related to the Knicks and you knew nothing about it.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-16-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #34
gabepizza
Local High School Star
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,157
gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
You really are retarded. First, that's not Llull. It's Sergio Rodriguez, which proves TWO LIES from you. First, you claim to watch these Euroleague games and know the players. Lie proven.

Second, you claim to be a Knicks fan. Lie proven. Sergio Rodriguez played with the Knicks and yet you don't even know who he is. You are NOT a Knicks fan.

Finally, your statement is so ridiculous, considering that Sergio Llull is a hell of a lot more athletic than Jordan Farmar is.

So, you are proven to not even be a Knicks fan, like you claimed. No surprise, as you have been wrong on things about Jeff Van Gundy, Mirsad Turkan, Fred Weiss, Fabricio Oberto, Marcus Camby, all things related to the Knicks and you knew nothing about it.

I'm saying there is a reason why Llull is scared of coming to the NBA. If a back-up NBA pg like Farmer can stuff his 3 point attempt like that, imagine if he came to the NBA and played against NBA level starting pgs? He would struggle just to get his shot off.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #35
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
It's not stupid and that's not why I said it. Wooden gave a very detailed analysis of just why he believed that and why it was true.

You might want to check the all time leaders in NBA and Euroleague, or just look at the leaders from season to season. Clearly, the very best players are usually at the top in turnovers.

Best players have ball in there hands more then othere players so it's normal for them to have more turnovers but you can't have too many turnovers .

Also if your apg and tpg are the same than you aren't that good .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #36
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
I'm saying there is a reason why Llull is scared of coming to the NBA. If a back-up NBA pg like Farmer can stuff his 3 point attempt like that, imagine if he came to the NBA and played against NBA level starting pgs? He would struggle just to get his shot off.

What don't you understand when we tell you that Farmar blocked Rodriguez not Llull ?
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #37
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Best players have ball in there hands more then othere players so it's normal for them to have more turnovers but you can't have too many turnovers .

Also if your apg and tpg are the same than you aren't that good .

I know and I agree totally. My point was not related to that. What I meant is a player like Teodosic will have a lot of turnovers because he has to do so much for his team on offense.

It's normal. The best players are usually going to be turnover prone, because they are asked to do more with the ball. Like you mention Spanoulis, well being double teamed a lot causes turnovers also. That's a similar case to Big Sofo.

Big Sofo is a huge turnover guy, but it's because he gets double teamed basically as soon as he touches the ball. So again, it's normal.

But yes, it's a different case for a player like Weems if he is not asked to do much more than shoot open jumpers or run and dunk. Especially if he is getting a lot of open shots and not being trapped and doubled, and has another player create a lot for him.

That was just my point. Steve Nash always has huge turnover numbers......of course, because you are asking him to run so much of the offense. That's just what I meant.

It's not a coincidence that most turnover leaders in Euroleague are Saras, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas, Lakovic, Navarro...Guys that were being asked to carry huge offensive loads in their teams over the years.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #38
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
I'm saying there is a reason why Llull is scared of coming to the NBA. If a back-up NBA pg like Farmer can stuff his 3 point attempt like that, imagine if he came to the NBA and played against NBA level starting pgs? He would struggle just to get his shot off.




And once again, Llull is way more athletic than Farmar is. Llull isn't the best play maker around, and not very good basketball IQ, but one thing is for damn sure - he is an absolute freak athlete. Jordan Farmar is certainly very athletic, but he's not anywhere on Llull's level. Llull is a total beat of an athlete.

He would have zero worry about "being scared" of anyone in the NBA due to athletic issues. The guy is a tremendous athlete.

And once again, Jordan Farmar didn't block Llull. He blocked Sergio Rodriguez. It's fascinating that you can't figure this out, considering you claim to be a New York Knicks fan, and that this same player, Sergio Rodriguez, played for the New York Knicks.

One more thing genius. You claim to be a big NBA fan.....yet you don't even know that his name is spelled Farmar, not "Farmer". The guy was in the rotation of 2 NBA championship teams. A "big NBA fan" would know how to spell the name of a quite well known NBA player like Farmar.

Besides, Farmar was a 6th man in the NBA. So you are even trying to distort that, by just calling him a "backup", implying he was some bench scrub that never played more than 8-12 minutes a game.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-16-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #39
gabepizza
Local High School Star
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,157
gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague



And once again, Llull is way more athletic than Farmar is. Llull isn't the best play maker around, and not very good basketball IQ, but one thing is for damn sure - he is an absolute freak athlete. Jordan Farmar is certainly very athletic, but he's not anywhere on Llull's level. Llull is a total beat of an athlete.

He would have zero worry about "being scared" of anyone in the NBA due to athletic issues. The guy is a tremendous athlete.

And once again, Jordan Farmar didn't block Llull. He blocked Sergio Rodriguez. It's fascinating that you can't figure this out, considering you claim to be a New York Knicks fan, and that this same player, Sergio Rodriguez, played for the New York Knicks.

One more thing genius. You claim to be a big NBA fan.....yet you don't even know that his name is spelled Farmar, not "Farmer". The guy was in the rotation of 2 NBA championship teams. A "big NBA fan" would know how to spell the name of a quite well known NBA player like Farmar.

Besides, Farmar was a 6th man in the NBA. So you are even trying to distort that, by just calling him a "backup", implying he was some bench scrub that never played more than 8-12 minutes a game.

If you look at Farmar's stats, you will see for Championship Laker's teams he was on in 08-09 and 09-10 he averaged 13 mpg in their playoff run so far from being their sixth man.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jordan...eer_stats.html

Here are the stats from the Laker's championship team in 2010 which was basically the same as in 2009.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...yoffs_per_game

As you see during their playoff run he was their 8th man, not a 6th (first off the bench) man.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #40
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
I know and I agree totally. My point was not related to that. What I meant is a player like Teodosic will have a lot of turnovers because he has to do so much for his team on offense.

It's normal. The best players are usually going to be turnover prone, because they are asked to do more with the ball. Like you mention Spanoulis, well being double teamed a lot causes turnovers also. That's a similar case to Big Sofo.

Big Sofo is a huge turnover guy, but it's because he gets double teamed basically as soon as he touches the ball. So again, it's normal.

But yes, it's a different case for a player like Weems if he is not asked to do much more than shoot open jumpers or run and dunk. Especially if he is getting a lot of open shots and not being trapped and doubled, and has another player create a lot for him.

That was just my point. Steve Nash always has huge turnover numbers......of course, because you are asking him to run so much of the offense. That's just what I meant.

It's not a coincidence that most turnover leaders in Euroleague are Saras, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas, Lakovic, Navarro...Guys that were being asked to carry huge offensive loads in their teams over the years.

I agree but to me even if player runs the offenseive load in his team there is still acceptable amount of turnovers that he can have and to me it's 4 . Ofcourse they shouldn't average 4 turnovers per game but it wouldn't be that bad if they have average around 3.5 .

Also you can't comepere Sofo with Diamantidis , Spanoulis , Navarro , Teodosic , Saras and such because he doesn't have the ball in his hands as much and doesn't create for otheres , he should just pass when he is doubled and this goes for every C .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #41
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
If you look at Farmar's stats, you will see for Championship Laker's teams he was on in 08-09 and 09-10 he averaged 13 mpg in their playoff run so far from being their sixth man.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jordan...eer_stats.html

Here are the stats from the Laker's championship team in 2010 which was basically the same as in 2009.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...yoffs_per_game

As you see during their playoff run he was their 8th man, not a 6th (first off the bench) man.

Dude you proved you don't know anything about European basketball so I don't get why do you continue to post about it ( I know this post isn't about it ) . You don't even know who is Rodriguez and who is Llull and they are part of the Spain NT and play for one of the biggest teams in Europe .


You thinks you can watch highlights and look at stats and disscus it but you are just going to look silly when you are talking to people that know something about it . I know you are pretending to follow Euroleague because you are trying to prove how NBA is much better than Euroleague and how NBA scrubs could dominate in it but you better start to watching some games because even if in the future you say some things that are true when people see you don't know basic stuff they are going to make fun of you and won't listen to a word you say . I'm talking about when you disscus basketball in real life or on some othere forums because half of posters on this forum are trolls who know even less than you do and will agree with you just to troll Euroleague ( the poster ) .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #42
gabepizza
Local High School Star
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,157
gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Dude you proved you don't know anything about European basketball so I don't get why do you continue to post about it ( I know this post isn't about it ) . You don't even know who is Rodriguez and who is Llull and they are part of the Spain NT and play for one of the biggest teams in Europe .


You thinks you can watch highlights and look at stats and disscus it but you are just going to look silly when you are talking to people that know something about it . I know you are pretending to follow Euroleague because you are trying to prove how NBA is much better than Euroleague and how NBA scrubs could dominate in it but you better start to watching some games because even if in the future you say some things that are true when people see you don't know basic stuff they are going to make fun of you and won't listen to a word you say . I'm talking about when you disscus basketball in real life or on some othere forums because half of posters on this forum are trolls who know even less than you do and will agree with you just to troll Euroleague ( the poster ) .

Give me a break. I confuse Rodriguez and Llull so I don't know anything about European basketball? I didn't recognize Rondriguez with his beard, that's all. I am learning more about European basketball but I don't have to be an expert and recognize every single player to have an opinion. I wonder how many players you would recognize? Without their names on their jersery I bet you wouldn't know more than 5 players from last night's rising star challenge.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #43
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Give me a break. I confuse Rodriguez and Llull so I don't know anything about European basketball? I didn't recognize Rondriguez with his beard, that's all. I am learning more about European basketball but I don't have to be an expert and recognize every single player to have an opinion. I wonder how many players you would recognize? Without their names on their jersery I bet you wouldn't know more than 5 players from last night's rising star challenge.

Rodriguez had a beard from start of the season so you just admited that you didn't watch any of Reals games .

You didn't know difference between assists in Europe and in NBA and that is basic stuff , you also confused one player wit another more than once and we are talking about players on big clubs that play 15-20 minutes per game so no you don't know much about basketball in Europe .

I would recognize around 6 or 7 players from rising star challenge I know it's not much but that is why you don't see me posting stuff about that game and players in it .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
If you look at Farmar's stats, you will see for Championship Laker's teams he was on in 08-09 and 09-10 he averaged 13 mpg in their playoff run so far from being their sixth man.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jordan...eer_stats.html

Here are the stats from the Laker's championship team in 2010 which was basically the same as in 2009.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...yoffs_per_game

As you see during their playoff run he was their 8th man, not a 6th (first off the bench) man.

He was a 6th man on the Nets.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-17-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #45
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Give me a break. I confuse Rodriguez and Llull so I don't know anything about European basketball? I didn't recognize Rondriguez with his beard, that's all. I am learning more about European basketball but I don't have to be an expert and recognize every single player to have an opinion. I wonder how many players you would recognize? Without their names on their jersery I bet you wouldn't know more than 5 players from last night's rising star challenge.

If you watched the game you would know that was Rodriguez, not Llull. It's the same thing over and over with you. Talking endless crap here without even watching any of the games.

I hate to break it to you, but we also do watch NBA games, so yes, we know most of the NBA players, at least well-known ones. Llull and Rodriguez are well-known players in Europe. Hell, Rodriguez is pretty well known among NBA fans. He was a rotation player in the NBA for something like 4 years. So it's funny you can't even recognize him, especially when like I said you claim to know NBA and that this same guy played on the team you claim to support.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-17-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy