Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Flossing your teeth, how often do you do it?

How often do you floss?

I recently moved so I went to a new dentist today because of closer location, and after I told her that my flossing habits are around once a week she suggested that I just try to floss twice a week instead. Her reasoning for that she said is that when she used to tell people to floss daily that many of them would get frustrated and give up altogether and never floss, but telling them to just floss twice a week they aren't nearly as frustrated and at least it gets them to floss every now and then.

maybe rufus has some input on my dentist's advice...or maybe he hates to talk about work in here which is understandable :)...is twice a week enough rufus?

wish I flossed every day, but I'm always short on time and it is such an easy step to slack on or skip...I do brush twice a day though
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Flossing your teeth, how often do you do it?

Not nearly enough.

That should be just about everyone's answer.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

does anyone from europe floss?
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

I have been doing it twice a week for a couple of years with good results.

I have seen what happens when someone gets gum disease. My dad had it. They had to cut away some of his gums and they got infected. Not pretty and very painful.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Twice a day dude, it's pretty fukking important. I'll floss and skip brushing occasionally big deal nothing chewing sugarless gum or gargling with salt water can't help.

If you don't have the time I highly recommend looking into oil pulling which can be done in a car.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Depends, sometimes I go up to three times per day, sometimes not for a few weeks. Flossing is like stretching for me, I feel better when I do it but it's never imperative in my mind.

If you want to up your flossing I'd recommend you buy those floss pick things. You don't lose your grip as much, you can use them one handed, the opposite end can usually be used as a toothpick. They're all in all easier, but don't quite have full floss functionality. I'd say they're 90% as good as floss (from a health perspective). Plus you can get them about 30 to a bag at dollar stores.

ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Really? Once a week? I do it once every night.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Once a day, but I only floss the areas where I noticably get food stuck. So I'm shortchanging myself.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Besides brushing i've never flossed my teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgp3SEtB0I Seems like too much of an effort
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Really? Once a week? I do it once every night.
Same. Every night before I brush my teeth.

I also find it extremely annoying to have stuff in between my teeth so I generally have floss handy.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Once a day... It only takes a few minutes unless I'm doing it wrong.

I have a sonic care brush so I brush with that (supposed to 30 second for each quadrant), floss, quick brush over again, and mouth wash.

That's only at night tho. All other times I brush is just brushing and mouthwash afterwards.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Twice a year the morning of my dental appointment.

Twice a week unless I get something stuck between my teeth that's bugging me.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #13
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

never tbh

my dad's side has bad teeth, not sure if I can avoid it by flossing

but I brush 3 times a day and rinse my mouth repeatedly with water
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Not nearly enough.

That should be just about everyone's answer.

+1

There are times when I'm highly conscience of it and do it at least once a day for a few weeks, and then there are times when I don't even think about it and don't floss for a few weeks. It's definitely a routine I need to add into my daily life.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Everyday all day

I love it. I like smelling that shyt after.

When I get stuff stuck in my teeth I tie the floss in a knot. Dislodges it like no other. I keep a roll in the bathroom, by my bed, and in my car.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: