Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Just saw Die Hard 5... not good

I thought it was gonna be better than part 4 judging by the trailer, but no.

It's the worst one out of the sequels.

I wouldn't say it was terrible... but it's definitely a disappointment.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Just saw Die Hard 5... not good

Yippey ki yay, motherfucker.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool

I remember seeing the First one in the Movie Theater....one of the best Movie theater expierences ever....

Theater was crowded and everyone was engaged...First one needs to be seen in a Theater to get the full experience.

sucks to hear #5 is not good.....didn't really care for #4 either.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

die hard ended for me after the third. i even loved the sega saturn game
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #5
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All I've done is watch a couple of trailers, and I can already tell it looks pretty cheesy.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #6
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Yeah I've read it's pretty bad. Frankly I enjoyed the 4th one...it was better than the 2nd one at least. I think most people hate it because it wasn't R. My main problem was that they made John basically indestructible to outrageous levels, but it wasn't a terrible movie or anything.
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm glad I checked reviews just before seeing it. I met with a group of people for dinner and some branched off to see this and others went to Dave & Busters. My original plan was Die Hard, but the reviews plus finding out it was $15 to see it versus the $10 I was used to made D&B and easy choice.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #8
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the fact that it was released mid February with a modest marketing campaign should have been a red flag that even the studio thought it stunk.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:18 AM   #9
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
the fact that it was released mid February with a modest marketing campaign should have been a red flag that even the studio thought it stunk.

Bruce Willis was just on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. They showed an action scene that looked really bad. Just filmed poorly.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Haven't been to the movies for like 2 years. Was actually excited to go see this tomorrow with some friends. Is it really THAT bad?
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Haven't been to the movies for like 2 years. Was actually excited to go see this tomorrow with some friends. Is it really THAT bad?

Just check out Rotten Tomatoes. Surprisingly, people who seen it have given it good reviews while the critics hated it. Not sure I've seen such a discrepancy of reviews from critics to the general audience.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #12
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The one with Carl from Family Matters is good. The one with Samuel L Jackson is good. I didn't care for the airport one. The rest have all been trash.

Do you recommend checking this one out?

Last edited by RoseCity07 : 02-15-2013 at 05:13 PM.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Die Hard is very easy to understand, as they get progressively worse from first to the fifth one. (although I haven't seen this one, but I assume it's the worst).
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: