Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default OT: hateraid's 3K- taking a step back

I've been on this board for about 4 years now and it's been a pleasure to go onto a site that allows me to be part of a community and talk my favorite sport ever to play and to watch. By far I'd have to say say '06 has been a marquee year for hateraid and it has been a wicked ride. I think I've taken on alot and invested lots of time on this board from shoe mod, participating in HH league, and a couple of fantasy leagues. I've loved every minute of it and am wowed by the many people I've met on here and to hear people's kind words about me. But some strange occurance had me thinking to take a step back from here.
On Friday, my day off where I spend some time alone with my kid, we came back from a play park. Usually when coming home I turn on the monitor and take an hour to read through some posts on ISH while my son plays. I try to turn the monitor on and find that it's not working. The monitor had been mysteriously unplugged with nobody home and no explanation (my wife was at work). While I was plugging it back in I notice my boy (2 years now) trying to put together his railway set. I go over to help him and found myself spending the good protion of the evening putting it together and playing with him. Then I looked over at my computer and thought, "was that a sign from somewhere to ignore the comp and spend time with your kid?"
I went on to start thinking that I needed to step back and concentrate on the prioreties in life, not that ISH has made me ignore those prioreties. I fugured the hour a day that I spend on here is seven hours a week that I could use to concentrate on my son, wife, career, and correspondance with a few courses that can elevate my career. That and factor in that I have a slow azz computer, it consumes a good portion of my life. Not that there's any regrets but it's time for me to re-establish myself and post a little less on here.
Don't get me wrong, I'm ISH for life. I got to pop by so that you numbnuts don't forget me. I'll still pop in to read through posts, talk about the Sixers and any big events in the NBA, and as my loyalty to this site, still maintain the Shoe forum for Jeff. Who knows, maybe when I get a faster connection, and a better computer, finish my prioreties and have a little more free time, I'll come back full force, maybe better than ever.

With all this said I leave you guys 3 things to respond to. One is basketball related, one ISH poster related, and a riddle:

1- The Sixers are the third greatest franchise behind The Lakers and The Celtics in terms of longevity, marketablilty, and popularity.
Agree or disagree?

2- Comment something positive about a poster on ISH. If that poster has already been mentioned choose another one. Please stick to this rule and pick somebody that hasn't been mentioned.

3-You're trapped in the middle of a desert. This plane flies over top and a drill falls from it. How do you get out?

Last edited by hateraid : 02-06-2007 at 02:02 PM.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: OT: hateraid's 3K- taking a step back

The answer to the riddle is "nothing."

Good choice to have some fun with your son. I hope you don't get owj3d again.

Positive comment? Joey Zaza is the man. Having someone that smart around who can make solid, rational arguments and still be funny is very nice. His love for Jeff Van Gundy and hate for Shawn Marion are really nice bonuses, if you ask me.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1- The Sixers are the third greatest franchise behind The Lakers and The Celtics in terms of longevity, marketablilty, and popularity.
Agree or disagree?

Disagree the Spurs are right up there with the Lakers, there has been a changing of mindset in Boston and i'm not even sure if they can still be called one of the greatest franchises, they were one but i feel sad that they no longer fall into that catergory, maybe they can turn it around we'll have to see....

2- Comment something positive about a poster on ISH. If that poster has already been mentioned choose another one. Please stick to this rule and pick somebody that hasn't been mentioned.

wow too many to choose i'll go with Hotsizzle for his fair and balanced (fox like) comentarty, he calls it as he sees it and stays true to himself

3- The rich need it, the poor have it. It's greater than God and more evil than the devil.
What is it?

Nothing...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
The answer to the riddle is "nothing."

Good choice to have some fun with your son. I hope you don't get owj3d again.

Positive comment? Joey Zaza is the man. Having someone that smart around who can make solid, rational arguments and still be funny is very nice. His love for Jeff Van Gundy and hate for Shawn Marion are really nice bonuses, if you ask me.

Lol, great memory with you there SAKF. You're a bytch.

Damn, I'll change the riddle, I didn't realize it was that easy.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Agree or disagree?

Disagree the Spurs are right up there with the Lakers, there has been a changing of mindset in Boston and i'm not even sure if they can still be called one of the greatest franchises, they were one but i feel sad that they no longer fall into that catergory, maybe they can turn it around we'll have to see....

wow too many to choose i'll go with Hotsizzle for his fair and balanced (fox like) comentarty, he calls it as he sees it and stays true to himself

3- The rich need it, the poor have it. It's greater than God and more evil than the devil.
What is it?

Nothing...

My question was being related to franchise success of all time in which you cannot doubt The Celtics being top two, if not the top franchise. The 70's- 80's was no joke.

BTW, changed the riddle for y'all. Maybe it's a little harder, but not as clever.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Agree or disagree?

disagree, the knicks may not have longevity but they certainly have marketablility and popularity, no matter who is on the team. the sixers without iverson do not have any marketability or popularity.

GOBB is probably one of the funniest guys on the board. his comments are always hilarious and fun to read. even when he is wrong he still finds ways to make himself look victorious in the debate! lol

3-You're trapped in the middle of a desert. This plane flies over top and a drill falls from it. How do you get out?

iam stumped.

P.S. hateraid you have always been a cool guy with me. you voted for me once in one of those "popular poster" threads and i havent forgetten about it. its good to see you have your priorities straight but iam also glad that you understand the need to balance your life with ISH instead of just shutting ISH down completely. good luck in your endeavors.

Last edited by SsKSpurs21 : 02-06-2007 at 02:17 PM.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Agree or disagree?

Disagree. We all know the Knicks have too much mindshare in the american media, whether they are good or not. I would agree with the Sixers being the next-best in terms of legacy however.

I appreciate Qwijibo's brutal honesty about his favourite team, and his unwillingness to accept anything but 100% tough, effective defense. (Plus his hatred of Joey Graham is very entertaining)

First I take the drill and plunge into the hot desert soil in search of oil. Once I find that black gold, which of course exists because we are conditioned to associate oil reserves with deserts, I will begin exporting it at a high price per barrel to resource starved western nations. Once my export economy is booming, I will begin to stockpile a large quantity of surplus western weaponry, this will lend credence to my power and allow me to charge more for the oil than I had originally planned. Now that my finances, petroleum stocks, and weapon systems are in great supply, I will invade a neighbouring, well-connected and globally respected, country in search of more oil wealth. This will result in a defensive counter-strike by that nation's allies which will inevitably result in a defeat of my forces, then allowing myself to be taken prisoner, and returned to my home country where I will be held for treason.
And that would be how I rescue myself and get home.

Oh, and finally, congrats on 3000! You are one of the best posters on ISH, so don't stop now.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21

disagree, the knicks may not have longevity but they certainly have marketablility and popularity, no matter who is on the team. the sixers without iverson do not have any marketability or popularity.

Take into account the Teams with Wilt, then with the great Doctor J, Barkley's teams of the late 80's- early 90's, and AI's 2000+ teams, hard to find an era that would be better other than the Willis Reed led teams.

Quote:

iam stumped.

The answer would make you go OMG, that was too easy.

Quote:
P.S. hateraid you have always been a cool guy with me. you voted for me once in one of those "popular poster" threads and i havent forgetten about it. its good to see you have your priorities straight but iam also glad that you understand the need to balance your life with ISH instead of just shutting ISH down completely. good luck in your endeavors.

When people talk about how nice Kwajo and I are, I think of you being in that same category. Always respctful in you comments and are very under-rated in that category.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #9
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Some of you act like reaching a certain milestone in posts is like watching your first child come into this world...get a life!
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #10
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Not hating or anything but seriously, I wonder how some of you guys act when you're about get laid.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Some of you act like reaching a certain milestone in posts is like watching your first child come into this world...get a life!

BTW, congrats on your 1900!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats. Surprised your name isnt censored. :

Quote:

Quote:
Not hating or anything but seriously, I wonder how some of you guys act when you're about get laid.

You got it out your system or you got some more left in you?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #14
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Agree or disagree?

Disagree KIND OF. I think the Jordan alone made the Bulls more marketable and popular, but I do believe that the Sixers all-time roster would demolish any team aside from maybe the Lakers. AI, Barkley, Wilt, Dr. J etc...nasty.

Kwaj = greatest photoshopper of all time. He is a master of his art. A Picasso among 1 handed preschoolers with broken crayons.

Shout "hey come get me" cuz the door is obviously open
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #15
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default best wishes-- it is the right choice

h-aid

thanks for the heart-felt sharing about your insight into your priorities with your family. i believe that we interpret our world through such insight and many times we find grace in the strangest places--- like an unplugged computer.

when your son is old enough to move out of the house and be on his own, you will cherish the simple moments like putting trains together (plus all the other memories that you will experience with him because of the added time) more than trying to figure out assist/t.o. ratios of backup point guards in the nba in 2007!

the nba will still be around-- and i will bet ish will still be kicking too. we will probably just be re-cycling the same old questions with new nba faces

i hope you do pop in from time to time though-- you are one of the most decent guys here!!

your question regarding the sixers is an interesting one. i assume you were speaking of philly as a city more than the sixers as an organization. the warriors were in philly until 1963 then moved to san fran/oakland; the sixers were originally the syracuse nationals.

either way, i would choose the knicks as the third team. longevity and their two championships plus the huge market following they have had over the years would put them right up there in third

props to dejordan!! he knows his hoops; has timely comments; analyzes the game well and has a good historical perspective.
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: