Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #16
artificial
:-P

Default Re: OT: hateraid's 3K- taking a step back

Quote:
1- The Sixers are the third greatest franchise behind The Lakers and The Celtics in terms of longevity, marketablilty, and popularity.
Agree or disagree?

2- Comment something positive about a poster on ISH. If that poster has already been mentioned choose another one. Please stick to this rule and pick somebody that hasn't been mentioned.

3-You're trapped in the middle of a desert. This plane flies over top and a drill falls from it. How do you get out?

first of all, congrats for 3k. nice going

1. Agree. Organizations as the Knicks, Bulls come to discussion, but if you want to consider longevity and popularity (i.e. history) that automatically gives the nod to the Sixers.

The Syracuse Nationals (ironically established by an italian) had their first chip all back in 1955, and even though there havent been many since then, sixers have had very memorable players / rosters.

H8aid, I have a serious dilemma with the sixers right now. I have always liked the nba but never rooted for a team. But since it seemed more fun to root for a team, a couple of years back I chose to root for the team that drafted my favorite player -Iverson-. So now that Iverson is gone, Ive been in the limbo deciding wether to keep rooting for the Sixers or go back to my general NBA fan status.

2. uh...? ehm, you havent been mentioned as a response to this specific question, so i guess im not breaking any rule.

Cool Sixer fan, balanced arguments and flexible opinion. Never gets into fights.

artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 AM   #17
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo

Oh, and finally, congrats on 3000! You are one of the best posters on ISH, so don't stop now.

Who said anything about stopping? I'll post, just not as frequent. Got to find a better balance with other prioreties. I couldn't leave, I'd miss you too much sweetie.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #18
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Congrats. Surprised your name isnt censored. :

Thanks bro. Thought you were gonna spark up the old fatherhood convo we had before :

BTW, don't you have a lil GoBBlin running around?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #19
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
first of all, congrats for 3k. nice going

1. Agree. Organizations as the Knicks, Bulls come to discussion, but if you want to consider longevity and popularity (i.e. history) that automatically gives the nod to the Sixers.

The Syracuse Nationals (ironically established by an italian) had their first chip all back in 1955, and even though there havent been many since then, sixers have had very memorable players / rosters.

H8aid, I have a serious dilemma with the sixers right now. I have always liked the nba but never rooted for a team. But since it seemed more fun to root for a team, a couple of years back I chose to root for the team that drafted my favorite player -Iverson-. So now that Iverson is gone, Ive been in the limbo deciding wether to keep rooting for the Sixers or go back to my general NBA fan status.

2. uh...? ehm, you havent been mentioned as a response to this specific question, so i guess im not breaking any rule.

Cool Sixer fan, balanced arguments and flexible opinion. Never gets into fights.

That's what i'm talkin about. BTW artificial, I always thought you rolled well with the Sixers all these years. Stick with the team, we've always had the most sensible fans.

BTW OSA, what's the big deal? This was basketball related. why'd I get bumped.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:32 AM   #20
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

I just want to say congratulations man. I have talked to you here and there and have seen your posts. You are very smart and you know your stuff. I have a lot of respect for you. Keep up the good work man.

1- The Sixers are the third greatest franchise behind The Lakers and The Celtics in terms of longevity, marketablilty, and popularity.
Agree or disagree?

I disagree. Because I dont think they have a bright future. But that is just my opnion.

2- Comment something positive about a poster on ISH. If that poster has already been mentioned choose another one. Please stick to this rule and pick somebody that hasn't been mentioned.

ISH is a place to relax and chill with some cool people like you, hotsizzle, gobb, and so many other posters I respect and think very highly of.

3-You're trapped in the middle of a desert. This plane flies over top and a drill falls from it. How do you get out?

I will run before it hits me.

This is to you my friend .
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:16 AM   #21
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Do what you do, man. At this point in my life I can't even imagine takin' care of a kid. Congrats on your newfound family appreciation. God only knows I could use a bit of that right now. =\
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #22
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Agree or disagree?
Disagree, the Knicks have too much media attention, and the Bulls have had a rich history as well that overshadow the 6ers rich history.

Quote:
I think Adamcz always has great posts regarding both basketball and outside basketball. His posts are interesting and are always a great read.

Quote:
I.... dont know!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your 3000th post, but what overshadows that is your newfound priorities regarding your son. You said youre going to keep posting here, so no good bye is necesary.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #23
hateraid
Is it in you?

Getting back to the posters in this thread:

Cool, I always thought of you more than Hotpockets and being a comedian. You've got some great posting going on. you're point of veiw is very intellegent adn you'll go a long way on ISH

Spike, keep on keeping it real. ISH is dated nonetheless, but we all got to move on and contrbute to this great community.

Shafir, Knicks fans need more people like you. You contribute positively and stand for a team that gets little respect in the basketball community. Post harder dude cause a Knicks perspective is alwats interesting.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:58 AM   #24
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

h-aid

any thoughts on my post (#15)?
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #25
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Getting back to the posters in this thread:

Cool, I always thought of you more than Hotpockets and being a comedian. You've got some great posting going on. you're point of veiw is very intellegent adn you'll go a long way on ISH

Spike, keep on keeping it real. ISH is dated nonetheless, but we all got to move on and contrbute to this great community.

Shafir, Knicks fans need more people like you. You contribute positively and stand for a team that gets little respect in the basketball community. Post harder dude cause a Knicks perspective is alwats interesting.

Thanks man I am always trying to improve. And I am trying to get people to focus on my maturing posting rather than the funny thread. And most people have gotten over it and they like me as a poster. So its all good. And thanks a lot again man. I respect you and I think very highly of you man. So you keep up your great posting and hopefully good things will continue to come to you my friend.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #26
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Thanks man I am always trying to improve. And I am trying to get people to focus on my maturing posting rather than the funny thread. And most people have gotten over it and they like me as a poster. So its all good. And thanks a lot again man. I respect you and I think very highly of you man. So you keep up your great posting and hopefully good things will continue to come to you my friend.

LOL yah I hated your funny thread...def not funny

You are "cool" now though
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:25 AM   #27
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
LOL yah I hated your funny thread...def not funny

You are "cool" now though

Yea that definetly wasnt a good way to start off on the board. But its all good.

Everybody that hated that thread. Most of us have made up and are all "COOL" now.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:49 AM   #28
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Default Re: best wishes-- it is the right choice

With our names being similar and all, I will be left to carry out your legacy.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:23 AM   #29
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
h-aid

any thoughts on my post (#15)?

I don't know, you picked the Knicks.....j/j

Always a pleasure and a good read from you. I thought of your post as great advice, especially from a wise "old" man. You've got great insight and a good grasp of history, so even you saying the Knicks makes me double geuss my opinion.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: