Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: First Jeremy Lin and now this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
What does Jeremy Lin have to do with this? I do not recollect him having a Black girlfriend.
i guess he's insinuating that asian men are encroaching on black territory?

p.s. I know asian guys in Houston who have dated or are dating black girls. what's the big deal?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMOZRk74QrY
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Dated this asian girl my junior year in high school. I'm black, and her parents absolutely hated me before getting to know me. Tried meeting them so many times, but they weren't having it. I thought it was just because they didn't want their daughter dating. She finally told me it's because they didn't want her dating a black guy. Didn't realize the race issue was that bad till I went through it.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #19
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

p.s. I know asian guys in Houston who have dated or are dating black girls. what's the big deal?

You going to any of the all star weekend festivities?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Dated this asian girl my junior year in high school. I'm black, and her parents absolutely hated me before getting to know me. Tried meeting them so many times, but they weren't having it. I thought it was just because they didn't want their daughter dating. She finally told me it's because they didn't want her dating a black guy. Didn't realize the race issue was that bad till I went through it.
not gonna lie, there are plenty of old school asian parents who feel this way, same as an old school white person would. it's not just a black thing though, alot don't even want their kids dating outside their own culture (japanese, korean, chinese, vietnames, etc) even if the other person was an asian themselves. thankfully, that generation is dieing out, and their kids are much more enlightened.

p.s. i remember my first year at UT, I made friends with a bunch of Koreans and we were drinking one night and one of them says "btw, we don't care that you are vietnamese...we aren't like that." I had never hung around Koreans before that and had no idea what he was talking about until he explained to me that in his culture, alot of Koreans think every other race/culture is inferior..but that is an older generation mentality.

Last edited by rezznor : 02-15-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #21
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
You going to any of the all star weekend festivities?
yeah, I'll probably go to Roak, Belvedere, maybe Nox or some of my other usual haunts. my friend just had dinner with the President of Rice University and Yao was the guest of honor...lucky bastard.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #22
ihoopallday
King James

Quote:
yeah, I'll probably go to Roak, Belvedere, maybe Nox or some of my other usual haunts. my friend just had dinner with the President of Rice University and Yao was the guest of honor...lucky bastard.

That's cool. Have fun. Lol and post some pics if you can.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
ihoopallday
King James

Quote:
not gonna lie, there are plenty of old school asian parents who feel this way, same as an old school white person would. it's not just a black thing though, alot don't even want their kids dating outside their own culture (japanese, korean, chinese, vietnames, etc) even if the other person was an asian themselves. thankfully, that generation is dieing out, and their kids are much more enlightened.

p.s. i remember my first year at UT, I made friends with a bunch of Koreans and we were drinking one night and one of them says "btw, we don't care that you are vietnamese...we aren't like that." I had never hung around Koreans before that and had no idea what he was talking about until he explained to me that in his culture, alot of Koreans think every other race/culture is inferior..but that is an older generation mentality.

Yeah, I don't see it as a big issue anymore. However, I still rarely see asian and black couples. Could be because I live in Kansas. I'm sure there's a lot more in states like California and Texas.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #24
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Yeah, I don't see it as a big issue anymore. However, I still rarely see asian and black couples. Could be because I live in Kansas. I'm sure there's a lot more in states like California and Texas.
in my experience many of the asians in Kansas are a bit FOBish so i would imagine they keep more to themselves.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #25
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
You should go the The Drake tonight.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

So what's the slang term? blasian? or aslack?
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #27
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
You should go the The Drake tonight.
haven't been to Drake in years. never liked it too much, even when it was poppin.

oh yeah, hughes hanger should be good too especially with this awesome weather we are having.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
So what's the slang term? blasian? or aslack?

i've seen Blasian used alot. there's actually quite a few Black/vietnamese kids as a result of the Vietnam war.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #29
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Real talk...

blasian's are hella good at sports/smart as ***....

- I rememeber living on a Airforce base in JR High.....and there were a bunch of Blasian's ( from thier dads bieng in the military and knockin up a bunch of asian women)

- They could hoop, play football and Dance dey azz's off on top of bieng great at School/math....Mufak'as were all around elite people.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #30
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GMddo1zFI

The best Blasian!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: