Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #31
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Default Re: Who's move Valuable to their team right now, Tmac or Kobe?

Season isn't over yet. Will talk about this in the playoffs.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #32
r32soul
Decent playground baller

while i agree that if kobe is in discussion for MVP, tmac should be too... however, if you are strictly just looking at the two team and the components of the two teams outside of the two stars.. it's clearly Rockets have an advantage...

1) Rockets are way way more experienced
2) Rockets starting lineup have been the same outside of Tmac missing a few games and Yao for his injury.. whereas Lakers have been in and out with injuries for every starter except Smush...and they are still currently playing with only 60% of the starters minus Kwame and Luke.

record wise, it isn't all that different.. both team should end up 2-3 games apart from each when season ends especially if both team get all the players back and healthy...

so if kobe is in the discussion of MVP.. tmac should be too
r32soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #33
hotsizzle
Superstar

Both Kobe and Tmac do what their teams need for them to to win. Despite injuries to both squads, Lakers and Rockets are among the best of the West. Tmac has Rockets 15-6 I believe w/o Yao and Kobe carried the team as well with injuries to Kwame, Odom and recently Luke. Kobe's numbers are better than Tmac's and watching both play, Kobe is the better player...but Tracy has the slightly better record. Both players have a good coaching philosphy assisting them. Tmac is backed up by a suffocating defense implemented by JVG while Kobe is helped with a brilliant offensive system implemented by Jackson to extract the best out of his role players.

Bottom line: Both teams are well above where they're supposed to be. Both players are playing tremendously...Both are legit MVP candidates
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #34
goldgrill4me
Banned

lakers in january without odom part of the month 8-7. lakers without kobe 3-1. kobes numbers for january 28.9, 6.3, 6.2 on 46% shooting.

rockets without yao for the whole month of january 10-4. rockets without tmac 2-5. tmacs numbers for january 29.9, 7.1, 5.7 on 47% shooting.

do to these stats tmac is at least as valuable to the rockets as kobe to the lakers if not more.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #35
_KP_The_Familia_
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Both Kobe and Tmac do what their teams need for them to to win. Despite injuries to both squads, Lakers and Rockets are among the best of the West. Tmac has Rockets 15-6 I believe w/o Yao and Kobe carried the team as well with injuries to Kwame, Odom and recently Luke. Kobe's numbers are better than Tmac's and watching both play, Kobe is the better player...but Tracy has the slightly better record. Both players have a good coaching philosphy assisting them. Tmac is backed up by a suffocating defense implemented by JVG while Kobe is helped with a brilliant offensive system implemented by Jackson to extract the best out of his role players.

Bottom line: Both teams are well above where they're supposed to be. Both players are playing tremendously...Both are legit MVP candidates

Lol, you had to sneak that in there huh, your groupiness just let that slip huh?? Tmac has put much better than numbers in the last month and in most games he does not even play in the fourth quarter.
_KP_The_Familia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #36
goldgrill4me
Banned

Quote:
Kobe carried the team as well with injuries to Kwame, Odom and recently Luke.
rockets have had injuries to tmac, yao, snyder and bonzi.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrill4me
read the thread title....nuff said.

Quote:
read the question of the thread closet grooopie. ''Who's move Valuable to their team right now, Tmac or Kobe?'' right now is the rockets without yao, which is why those numbers pertain to this thread.

Tmac 28.6ppg 5rpg 6.5ast 47% FG since Yao went down. 19gms
Kobe 30.8ppg 6.5rpg 5.9ast 48% FG over the same span. 19gms

You still lose. So now whats your argument gonna be? "No use Kobes season stats vs Tmacs stats since Yao went down which is 19gms. Then compare".

Kobe 28.8ppg 5.5rpg 5.5ast 47% FG for the year. 45gms

Yes Tmac clearly has the better stats.

I mean you tell me. What do you wanna use to support your argument? Wanna make up some other variables here kid? Huh?

"Use the same stats over the same period 19gms that we use for Tmac. But disallow the stats when Odom came back. Like dont count those ok? Then avg them out and post. "

Look at you...sitting there like a huge donkeys ass. Heeehawww Heeehaw.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Here's a bone kid. A gift. Tmac is 14-5 vs Kobe 11-8 (19gms). 3gm advantage.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #39
jaydacris
Rose

Right now, t-mac is more valuable to the rockets, take him off the rockets, and that leaves the rockets without tmac or yao. who teh *** is gonna run the offense or score points.
If you take out kobe bryant, odom would be able to at least give the lakers a fighting chance, because of what he's capable of on offense. it is also arguable that this season, odom is more important in the lakers defense, not sayin hes a better defensive player than kobe (well, actually this season he may be). But in the long haul of things, when both rosters are healthy, kobe is definitely more valuable.

Last edited by jaydacris : 02-06-2007 at 06:14 PM.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #40
goldgrill4me
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

You still lose. So now whats your argument gonna be? "No use Kobes season stats vs Tmacs stats since Yao went down which is 19gms. Then compare".

I mean you tell me. What do you wanna use to support your argument? Wanna make up some other variables here kid? Huh?

"Use the same stats over the same period 19gms that we use for Tmac. But disallow the stats when Odom came back. Like dont count those ok? Then avg them out and post. "

i didnt add up any stats i only went with january bc they were already done for me. i never said tmac had better stats i said kobes stats werent better if you compare with yao out and with yao out the stats are comparable with tmac getting more wins.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #41
goldgrill4me
Banned

Quote:
Here's a bone kid. A gift. Tmac is 14-5 vs Kobe 11-8 (19gms). 3gm advantage.
pretty big advantage.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #42
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KP_The_Familia_
Lol, you had to sneak that in there huh, your groupiness just let that slip huh?? Tmac has put much better than numbers in the last month and in most games he does not even play in the fourth quarter.

groupiness has nothing to do with it. Kobe is the better player. period. ask coaches, players, etc...

funny how every opinion of mine that is pro-kobe make me a gr0pie but you can praise who you want while being a logical fan
Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #43
goldgrill4me
Banned

Quote:
groupiness has nothing to do with it. Kobe is the better player. period. ask coaches, players, etc...

funny how every opinion of mine that is pro-kobe make me a gr0pie but you can praise who you want while being a logical fan
80%+ of your posts have to do with kobe and you have him as your avatar. dont act like a couple pro-kobe posts made you a grooopie.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #44
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
80%+ of your posts have to do with kobe and you have him as your avatar. dont act like a couple pro-kobe posts made you a grooopie.

wrong...my posts are laker related more than they are kobe related..and there are tons of posters on here with their favorite player as their avatar.

either way, I could care less what you think of me. carry on
Old 02-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #45
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:

Anyway, as of right now, T-Mac is more valuable to the Rockets than Bryant is to the Lakers because of Yao's injury and the fact that the Lakers have Odom back... But overall, it's clear that Bryant is the better valuable player to his franchise. Also, note that the Lakers have had multiple injuries. Bryant's been injured, Odom, Mihm, Brown, Walton, Turiaf, Radmonovich... Houston's lead over the Lakers for the season isn't as impressive when you take into account both team's situations... Most people had the Lakers out of the playoffs this year, even with all their players healthy...

Last edited by MaxFly : 02-06-2007 at 07:06 PM.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: