Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #16
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

sounds like a bunch of D-list mutants I never heard of
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #17
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
So damn excited for this. Mixing the old cast (Wolverine, Rogue, Ice Man, Kitty, Xavier and Magneto) with the First Class cast (including mi amour Lawrence) is gonna take a lot of careful planning to avoid making it too confusing though.

Also hoping they can somehow use the time traveling to undo all the unnecessary deaths the idiot direct of X-Men III caused (Cyclops, Professor X etc)
If you watched the after credits you'll know that Professor X is not dead bro . So there is a chance Cyclops isn't either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkn3KYwmtc
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
oh ya well Khal Drogo is going to be in Gaurdians of the Galaxy.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...213532309.html

That's Khal Drogo? Holy crap is that guy ugly in real life, no homo.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #19
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

I think too much will go on, making it hard to follow any one mutant's story.

I'll still watch it, though.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
I think too much will go on, making it hard to follow any one mutant's story.

I'll still watch it, though.

Same. I'll see it no matter what simply cuz it's X-Men and I'm an X-Men nerd (I even have an X-Men tattoo). But it sucks that they never seem to get the treatment they deserve.

I feel for the studio too though. It's easier to make a good story about Batman, Spiderman etc because you're telling one person's story. X-Men gets harder because you have this team with like 10 members, complicated backstories, 5-6 villains and lots of touchy issues like prejudice and whatnot that you're trying to squeeze into a movie. The superhero teams are just harder to make movies for especially when you're marketing to a crowd that has little to no idea what their story is to begin with
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Quote:
Same. I'll see it no matter what simply cuz it's X-Men and I'm an X-Men nerd (I even have an X-Men tattoo). But it sucks that they never seem to get the treatment they deserve.

I feel for the studio too though. It's easier to make a good story about Batman, Spiderman etc because you're telling one person's story. X-Men gets harder because you have this team with like 10 members, complicated backstories, 5-6 villains and lots of touchy issues like prejudice and whatnot that you're trying to squeeze into a movie. The superhero teams are just harder to make movies for especially when you're marketing to a crowd that has little to no idea what their story is to begin with
Main reason why the Avengers was so good. They just made solo superheroes movies an then they united same said heroes in one movie. The same thing DC/WB has to do if they want to get that same amount of money.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Main reason why the Avengers was so good. They just made solo superheroes movies an then they united same said heroes in one movie. The same thing DC/WB has to do if they want to get that same amount of money.

Exactly. Avengers worked because Cap, Iron Man, Hulk and Thor all had their own movies first to tell the characters stories, then when Avengers came out they didn't have to waste time introducing shit, they could just jump straight into the action and have fun with it. X-Men has been trying to cram 40 years worth of character development into 8 hours worth of movies so they've been straddling the line between boring and cluster**** with either too much or too little going on at once
Old 06-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #23
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Quote:
Exactly. Avengers worked because Cap, Iron Man, Hulk and Thor all had their own movies first to tell the characters stories, then when Avengers came out they didn't have to waste time introducing shit, they could just jump straight into the action and have fun with it. X-Men has been trying to cram 40 years worth of character development into 8 hours worth of movies so they've been straddling the line between boring and cluster**** with either too much or too little going on at once
In my opinion they should stop trying to talk about character intro's and just talk about the adventures. There is so much character development you can put in a movie about 8+ characters. For example, if you want to put Wolverine vs Sabretooth Brotherly rivarly, just do a movie about it, like they did with Wolverine Origins. Also Xavier's and Magneto's rivarly was introduced in the Xmen First Class and so don't try to explain it again in another movie. OR maybe just stop talking about trilogies or Sequels and just do stand alone about different characters, because the Xmen is not only Wolverine. I don't know, like Scott Summers when he was a kid and joined the X-men, a Gambit movie when he meets Rogue and the Xmen or just American government vs the mutants politics a lá Game of Thrones kinda directing instead of focusing on the action so much.

Maybe just show what happened after Xmen Last stand (Xmen 3 if that wasn't the name of the movie). Because Professor X was alive after the Jean Gray supposedly killed him, so I wonder if Cyclops is alive too....

Last edited by Bandito : 06-15-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #24
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

I really don't understand why they're so intent on focusing on origins of superheroes. They are such a huge part of our culture that if you don't know them that's your problem. Just have an engaging story with action and character dynamics. You don't need anything more than that to be engaging. If people like the characters they will go read more on their own.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #25
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

Quicksilver and Scarlet witch are coming out both in X-Men DOFP and Avengers 2. I think they will be better in X-men because they can explain their origins. In Avengers they can't even mention they are mutants much less Magneto's children.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #26
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I really don't understand why they're so intent on focusing on origins of superheroes. They are such a huge part of our culture that if you don't know them that's your problem. Just have an engaging story with action and character dynamics. You don't need anything more than that to be engaging. If people like the characters they will go read more on their own.

Right. I mean think of all the non-superhero movies where we don't know the origins of the characters. It doesn't make us enjoy them any less. People enjoyed the original Star Wars movies just fine before the prequels. It was never explained at first where Darth Vader came from, but he was badass so people loved him. We still have no idea where Solo came from but people still love him.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #27
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Sentinel
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #28
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

We need to get 1 official X-men thread, because I posted that in the other one a couple days ago.

There is also this viral add (reminds me of the Prometheus viral marketing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92YBR9gEyYI
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Does anyone know it nimrod will be in this?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #30
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

Shit looks like a cheap vacuum cleaner. They better CGI the **** out of this.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: