Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #76
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knife, 3-foot lead pipe, or pistol with 1 bullet?

Quote:
Knife, 3-foot lead pipe, or pistol with 1 bullet?

I'll say it's Professor Plum in the Conservatory with the Candlestick.

Drat! I was wrong......
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #77
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Murder rates are different because of different weapon availabilities and killing power. It's much easier to get a gun, have it in your pocket and then shoot someone than it is to bludgeon someone to death.

A gun also leaves less time for the assailant to think about their actions. One pull of the trigger and the person could die. You have to wreck someone repeatedly with a blunt object to kill them, most people would probably realize they should stop before it gets to the point of brains on the floor... Then it would just be assault charges or attempted murder.
handguns are the hardest to aquire of the 3...but killing power was my point...A handgun is the easiest to use and the most lethal...then a knife...then a blunt object.

Blunt objects are the easiest to aquire, and the least amount of deaths...anyone can aquire a pipe or a hammer or a bat...but it is more difficult to kill someone with a blunt object than a knife which sees more murders and obviously a gun which sees the most.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #78
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yeah it does. If this is to the death someone that was merely winged by a bullet isn't going to stop and cry about it.

The other guy would then go after the gun holder because the gun has no power once the bullet is shot. (Assuming everyone knows about the 1 bullet caveat)
I don't know what "winged" means to you but if you are shot in the torso head or thigh you're going down unless it is a .22 calibre or something

getting shot in the arm then maybe you're right...but he is still at a disadvantage with only one arm
Old 02-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #79
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Gun obviously and without a question...

If you choose the gun, you're not getting shot, and who do you think the other two would go for? Who in his right mind would chose to attack a guy with a gun over a guy with a knife\pipe?

I would wait for knife vs pipe match up winner and i would kill him.

If some idiot try to attack me first, i would put a bullet in his head a proceed to pick up his knife\pipe.

Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #80
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Just about everyone in this thread seems to think movies = RL.

You can tell the ones who don't shoot because they act like a gun is some magical death machine and shooting a moving target in the head with a single bullet is easy
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #81
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Give me a gun with one bullet vs. anyone with any blunt object and I am winning 100 times out of 100...unless of course you are Neo or Agent Smith

^^^

1. handguns
2. knives
3. blunt objects

why are murders at different rates with different weapons? they are listed by ease of use...it's really hard to kill someone with a pipe or bat, many times that ends up with both people holding it and pulling at it...whch is why killers have more success with knives, but of course a handgun takes the cake.

This is absolutely meaningless. We're talking about a cage match with multiple armed people trying to kill you, not unsuspecting murder victims.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #82
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
handguns are the hardest to aquire of the 3...but killing power was my point.

I didn't mean it's easier to get a gun than a pipe or knife. I meant it's easier to have a gun in your pocket, sneak up on someone and kill them than it is to have a 3 foot pipe and do the same. That's why there are more gun deaths than pipe/bat/whatever deaths.

And like bmulls said, those stats don't mean jack in a scenario like this. Just because it's easier doesn't mean it's better in a combat scenario.

Quote:
I don't know what "winged" means

Winged is a non-lethal hit.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #83
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Yeah it does. If this is to the death someone that was merely winged by a bullet isn't going to stop and cry about it.

The other guy would then go after the gun holder because the gun has no power once the bullet is shot. (Assuming everyone knows about the 1 bullet caveat)
A bullet to about anywhere certainly will make people stop and cry about it.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #84
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You can tell the ones who don't shoot because they act like a gun is some magical death machine and shooting a moving target in the head with a single bullet is easy
A gun is literally a death machine lol

And these targets can't move forever

And I shoot all the time, I have a licence, I have taken classes...I don't think you do though
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #85
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm leaning towards the lead pipe but then again that would leave you at a disadvantage due to how big it is and how it will basically cripple you.

The gun would be an instant kill but would it be easy to kill someone when they are running around? But then again if you had strong combat skills you can disarm the dude with the knife or lead pipe.

I'd probably go for the knife.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #86
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
This is absolutely meaningless. We're talking about a cage match with multiple armed people trying to kill you, not unsuspecting murder victims.
It's not meaningless at all, and not all of these were unsuspecting assassinations...it is clear evidence of which tools are the most efficient for killing
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: