Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 02-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
MingMingFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Sun Ming Ming

Hi, everyone! I'm a HUGE Sun Ming Ming fan!

Did anyone besides me catch Anatomy of a Giant on the Discovery Channel? It was about Sun Ming Ming, and was really terrific.

If you liked it, or if you want to encourage the Discovery Channel to do more shows on athletes like Sun Ming Ming, vote for it on this poll! If it gets enough votes, they'll rerun it on Saturday. It was well worth watching for anyone who missed it.

http://health.discovery.com/converge...erschoice.html
MingMingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
Moose

Default Re: Sun Ming Ming

Have you watched him ball?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
ILballa
Hemp Coach

i watched the anatomy of a giant like three times
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
Q.E.C
нυєy

he's in rush hour 3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-bqDd3MR3vk
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

here's him working out on nba tv.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Pj_jhwjhbU

do ya'll think he's ready???
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
Done_And_Done
D & D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MingMingFan
Hi, everyone! I'm a HUGE Sun Ming Ming fan!

Did anyone besides me catch Anatomy of a Giant on the Discovery Channel? It was about Sun Ming Ming, and was really terrific.

If you liked it, or if you want to encourage the Discovery Channel to do more shows on athletes like Sun Ming Ming, vote for it on this poll! If it gets enough votes, they'll rerun it on Saturday. It was well worth watching for anyone who missed it.

http://health.discovery.com/converge...erschoice.html

Such a petty attempt to Spam. . .
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

He'll be alright. Might even play in europe.
HoopNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #8
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

yah this thread was made by some guy whose obviously part of some ming ming group or something, makes a thread just to hype up some garbage player
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #9
Team China

Sun Ming Ming will be 10 times worse than Shawn Bradley hahah he's slower, has zero athleticism and can't last longer than 10 minutes on an NBA court. period
Team China is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:20 AM   #10
Jackpwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team China
Sun Ming Ming will be 10 times worse than Shawn Bradley hahah he's slower, has zero athleticism and can't last longer than 10 minutes on an NBA court. period

10x worse than Shawn Bradley? The guy's 3 inches taller than Bradley. The real reason he is better than Bradley..

Shawn Bradley was 7'6" and 260lbs, a human stick figure. Because of this, all he could do was block shots. Sun Ming Ming is 7'9" and a whopping 370lbs(which would make him both the tallest and heaviest player to ever play), he would crush Bradley in the paint any day.

He currently averages 20 minutes per game and 3 blocks per game, while averaging 7 points and 7 rebounds per game, actually I think that was his stats a while ago with the Nighthawks, now he plays for a different team.

Still, he had a brain tumor when he tried out for the Lakers. He is a much better player now. He can also make free throws and midrange shots, and who will block him?

I may be hyping him up, he is still a slow clumsy giant, but defensively he can contest midrange shots from the paint.
Jackpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #11
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

He plays for the FUERZA REGIA MONTERREY in Mexico's LNBP... I'm pretty sure he is making a decent living and getting some proffesional experience. If he keeps developing he might make it to Europe or the the D-league.

http://www.latinbasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=MEX&Team=4513
HoopNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopNightmare
He plays for the FUERZA REGIA MONTERREY in Mexico's LNBP... I'm pretty sure he is making a decent living and getting some proffesional experience. If he keeps developing he might make it to Europe or the the D-league.

http://www.latinbasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=MEX&Team=4513
Can't see him play in europe.You say he might play in Europe as if it was some minor league,this guy doesn't stand a chance in Europe,unless you mean some 2nd rate national league in europe.Muresan was like a gymanst compared to this guy.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #13
new noise
madvillain

To be honest, I'm not sure the guy is even a basketball player. He does however happen to be I think the second tallest living person in the world and from China, and as such his country 'encouraged' him to play a little ball. He can do a couple fundamental basketball things, and his ridiculous height means he'll always be able to have a job as eye candy for a farm team that needs to sell some tickets.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #14
sick_brah07
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpwnz
10x worse than Shawn Bradley? The guy's 3 inches taller than Bradley. The real reason he is better than Bradley..

Shawn Bradley was 7'6" and 260lbs, a human stick figure. Because of this, all he could do was block shots. Sun Ming Ming is 7'9" and a whopping 370lbs(which would make him both the tallest and heaviest player to ever play), he would crush Bradley in the paint any day.

He currently averages 20 minutes per game and 3 blocks per game, while averaging 7 points and 7 rebounds per game, actually I think that was his stats a while ago with the Nighthawks, now he plays for a different team.

Still, he had a brain tumor when he tried out for the Lakers. He is a much better player now. He can also make free throws and midrange shots, and who will block him?
I may be hyping him up, he is still a slow clumsy giant, but defensively he can contest midrange shots from the paint.

umm go to youtube and write nate robinson yao ming that should answer ur question
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #15
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
So many ppl have heard of this guy simply because he was in Rush Hour 3.
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: