Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #16
20Four
National High School Star

20Four has not been impressing people
Default Re: *OT* Did James White deserve a 45 for his 1st dunk?

Do you guys think he lost a lil bit of his ups? I dont think it was because of that....freakin stupid nerves.......
20Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #17
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

He cocked that ball so far that it touched his back. That's ****ing impressive.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #18
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Nope it was a 50.

But what would Mutombo, Hakeem, and all those centers know about that.

They had one judge who actually knows about dunking (Drexler).
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #19
20Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Nope it was a 50.

But what would Mutombo, Hakeem, and all those centers know about that.

They had one judge who actually knows about dunking (Drexler).

Exactly what I'm saying....did James White looked like he lost some ups?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #20
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is no way that so many people on the planet can do this, that you couldn't even count. This is hard as fck.

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #21
2swift4u
High School Varsity 6th Man

2swift4u has decent reputation2swift4u has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
There is no way that so many people on the planet can do this, that you couldn't even count. This is hard as fck.

watching this makes me think he should have gotten more than 45 points. If only he had taken off from the free throw line (he still would have made the dunk). But it didn't matter anyway since he didn't complete his second dunk. It's a pity that White and Green couldn't deliver!
2swift4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #22
20Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2swift4u
watching this makes me think he should have gotten more than 45 points. If only he had taken off from the free throw line (he still would have made the dunk). But it didn't matter anyway since he didn't complete his second dunk. It's a pity that White and Green couldn't deliver!

I hope he comes back next year....
Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #23
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Four
Jeremy Evans said he enjoyed this year's All-Star weekend and Slam Dunk event more than last year; he won last year and loss this year. Reason why he liked this year more was because he wasn't nervous and was prepared. He also said that his dunks this year was a lot better too.

To me, the spotlight got the best of White. He was beyond nervous. His second dunk attempts really showed it. There was no confidence in his body at all. If he comes back, hopefully he's more prepared like Evans was.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #24
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Exactly what I'm saying....did James White looked like he lost some ups?

I don't know really. His second dunk was just a terrible choice to me...and I don't think it woulda gotten a high score at all even if he had made it...and he couldn't even make it.

I also think they each shoulda gotten to attempt 3 dunks.

Two is not enough and if you make a bad choice (like White did with his second dunk) on one then you are likely getting kicked out of the contest.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I can't see him being in the league next year to make another attempt.. Unless someone signs him just to try and get him back in again.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ignoring the bad judging scores dished out that dunk would recieve a 49 based on being 1 foot inside the line. Could you argue it being a 50 regardless of this? Certainly, no question. I take away a pt for the 1 foot inside given the history of FT line dunks done. It has to be on the line or no dice. The degree of difficulty doesnt change for me but again I'd have no issue if you gave him 50.

Dunking two hands is far tougher than one. Not many here realize, understand it.

That said, he was a huge bust during the contest and I'm upset at myself because I turned to it after he did this dunk so I missed it initially. Then to see a NBA player at his position with virtually no handles constantly lose the ball when running? To see him playing suicide drills as if he was in the wrong All Star contest? To see him go outside in the parking lot to run then watch him fail the attempt? Pathetic. Pretty much how the dunk contest night went when I saw it.

Flop. You were a few years too late James White.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #27
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

It was one of the greatest dunk contest dunks ever.

Pity he can't dribble, we might have seen something even better.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
It was one of the greatest dunk contest dunks ever.

Pity he can't dribble, we might have seen something even better.

Sarcasm? My detector isnt working. Dunk contest was a complete joke.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #29
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

All he did was show how high he could jump. If that's all there is to a dunk, it has to be a true FT line dunk to earn a 50.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #30
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

I missed the dunk contest... just watched Terrence Ross's highlights. Ho-Lee-Sh*t was that average. Watched T Ross then watched 2000 Vinsanity to make sure I wasn't biased. Yup, DC ain't what it used to be.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: