Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board
Default Official Petition to ban Alicia Keys(and Ne-yo) from ASW

These two should be ashamed of the performances they put up in Houston.

Ne-Yo is just a damn fool for performing the only single that was remotely successful from his album and has already been run into the ground, but the performance was just lack luster at best.

Alicia Keys needs to f*cking retire. I was going to go see her perform with Miguel in Toronto this spring, but I'm second guessing my shit right now. I'm just done. It was that bad.

Rad and I discussed this during the travesty and he said:" She sounded like she smoked a pack of menthols before getting on the stage."

Sound aside, her song choices were just abysmal.

Empire State of Mind(a song about NYC??) did this woman forget we were in Houston? Like really? Who approved this? Why couldn't she have done another of her countless hits?

Plus what made it worse was that Jay-Z was in attendance during this.

I know she has a solo version of the song but ugh.

Then the Girl on Fire song she has been pushing for three months none stop from everywhere from BlackBerry ads of all kids, to god knows what.

Then she tried to dance.

I almost turned off the TV. She needs to stay her ass behind the KEYS....that's why she's called Alicia KEYS....why stray when you've sold 20 million plus albums sitting on that bench?

Video of Keys Performance: http://youtu.be/nS46CLNSNTA

I'm a huge fan of R&B and love some of their current as well as past music, but god damn did shake my head at these two. The sound was suspect and who ever that was in charge of video and sound should be fired and blacklisted. Replays were off for the game and so was the sound for each of their performances.

Last edited by Just2McFly : 02-18-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board
Default Re: Official Petition to ban Alicia Keys(and Ne-yo) from ASW

Almost forgot the part where Keys says " put your cell phones in the air".... but that's just a generational critique, not really a black mark on the performance. People would rather photograph and record the event rather than experience it these days.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
KingMichael23
Decent playground baller

KingMichael23 has an OK reputation so far

Alicia can come back and perform next year. Not Ne-Yo though.
KingMichael23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMichael23
Alicia can come back and perform next year. Not Ne-Yo though.
So you are telling me that you want her back after this?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool

Ban the vast majority of hip hop acts, a shit ton of them can't sing on key to save their life and have flat voices.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Jolokia has decent reputationJolokia has decent reputation

I really really expected more from Alicia Keys, but I don't know what happened. Maybe it was the ugly pants?

Ne-Yo was just
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac
Ban the vast majority of hip hop acts, a shit ton of them can sing on key to save their life and have flat voices.
when did a classically trained pianist with a great singing voice who does R&B primarily become a hip hop act?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
wRedJ10
Decent playground baller

wRedJ10 has an OK reputation so far

A comment on a youtube video claims that the bad performances was due to the sound equiptment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4xQMMdjBQ

Quote:
I work a lot with audio equipment, and (from what I've heard from Ne-Yo's performance, it's almost entirely the mic. He's on pitch, it's just the mic quality is awful. Someone didn't set the audio filter right, and there's virtually zero compression, which for those who don't know, essentially levels out the audio volume so it's at a constant, comfortable decibel level. It sounds like a 30 dollar karaoke machine he's using, and he doesn't deserve the hate I'm seeing.

I agree with this guy, the sound didn't sound right.
wRedJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Those two>>>>>>> that shit on sat night

Wtf is Philip Phillips? And fall out boy
That was unbearable
coin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation here

Let her wear tight pants next
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #11
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Those two>>>>>>> that shit on sat night

Wtf is Philip Phillips? And fall out boy
That was unbearable

Is that really a name?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #12
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Almost forgot the part where Keys says " put your cell phones in the air".... but that's just a generational critique, not really a black mark on the performance. People would rather photograph and record the event rather than experience it these days.

I had the whole thing on mute so I didn't hear that. There is just something so wrong with that statement.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
when did a classically trained pianist with a great singing voice who does R&B primarily become a hip hop act?
Referring more to Ne-Yo

Alicia Keys used to be great but time has taken it's toll on her.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
coin24

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Is that really a name?

It was something like that, can't remember. I'd never heard of them before, some bullshit country hick style music
coin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Its the same BORING generated crap we hear at ALL all-star events. We need something fresh.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: