Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #31
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Petition to ban Alicia Keys(and Ne-yo) from ASW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
We need something fresh. Yes the NBA needs to actually try to create something that adds to entertainment value and energy of the telecast. You can't have people falling asleep during halftime and waking up to see the game being re-televised immediately afterwards.
R & B is really boring, at least to me anyway.

Pop, pop-country, alternative/indie rock, "clean" hip-hop/rap...whatever. Just no to RnB would save the halftime show.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #32
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
The way you're hating on those two, makes me think you never saw Kesha. now that was terrible.

That said, They should bring back Usher. Even though he played recently at the 2010 ASG.
It's just a matter of standards. Kesha is horrible. I would expect horrible. Alicia Keys is a legend, I expect her to know her strengths and weaknesses by now after being on a major level for over a decade.

Her dancing skills did not get her here, or keep her at the position she's at.

Also:

WTF was up with her blatant advertising? The Reebok sneakers? The HEADPHONES THAT HER DANCERS HAD AROUND THEIR NECKS!

That accessory doesn't make any sense.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #33
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The kamikazes go hard man, I wouldn't mind seeing them
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac
They actually wrote a song about the Bulls championship era which has a Rodman voice message in the middle.

Yea I haven't seen them live but have watched live performances, by far one of the best live bands ever
Black, Red, Yellow was the song. It was a B-side....probably b/c it wasn't a great song. lol

Yeah, they love their basketball. Jeff Ament, the bassist, played in one of those MTV Rock n Jock hoops thing back in the 90's.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #35
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
The kamikazes go hard man, I wouldn't mind seeing them
Her dancers are only wearing them because her husband has a deal with reebok tho
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #36
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool

The rest of you have no clue who Pearl Jam is do you?
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #37
305Baller
Dos minutos.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Quote:
The rest of you have no clue who Pearl Jam is do you?

Yeah they are a rock band that girls like.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #38
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
Yeah they are a rock band that girls like.
I wish.

It's mostly old Gen-X folks, or early Gen-Y folks like myself at their shows.

Their music actually don't generate new younger fans like other bands do. i.e. Foo Fighters, Tool, 311, Metallica, Sublime, Nirvana, ect. Last two bands have been inactive for over a decade and a half but still generate new young fans.

IDK, something about Pearl Jam music that doesn't strike a cord with post-90's kids. Their last album, Backspacer, they kinda tried a New Wave, Pop/Garage Punk sound which got them a bit popular again but I hated that record.

Last edited by DMV2 : 02-18-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #39
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Almost forgot the part where Keys says " put your cell phones in the air".... but that's just a generational critique, not really a black mark on the performance. People would rather photograph and record the event rather than experience it these days.

Bro...

Cell phones in the air = waving your phones so that the stream of light in the audience replicates the artistry that was originally instilled in concert performances back when everyone smoked pot at shows and had lighters to wave simultaneously.

Not that you're wrong about the generation of youth obsessing over capturing the moment rather than living the moment, but you're example was SO off in explaining that generational disease I couldn't help but facepalm and laugh
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #40
305Baller
Dos minutos.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I wish.

It's mostly old Gen-X folks, or early Gen-Y folks like myself at their shows.

Their music actually don't generate new younger fans like other bands do. i.e. Foo Fighters, Tool, 311, Metallica, Sublime, Nirvana, ect. Last two bands have been inactive for over a decade and a half but still generate new young fans.

IDK, something about Pearl Jam music that doesn't strike a cord with post-90's kids.

Eddie Vedder writes for girls and gay men.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #41
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

Oh, a big bad "Heat fan" on ISH, I see.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #42
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Bro...

Cell phones in the air = waving your phones so that the stream of light in the audience replicates the artistry that was originally instilled in concert performances back when everyone smoked pot at shows and had lighters to wave simultaneously.

Not that you're wrong about the generation of youth obsessing over capturing the moment rather than living the moment, but you're example was SO off in explaining that generational disease I couldn't help but facepalm and laugh

i feel so

that actually makes sense.

will put that into my act
Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #43
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
Eddie Vedder writes for girls and gay men.
And Heat fans wonder why no one likes them.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #44
305Baller
Dos minutos.

Quote:
And Heat fans wonder why no one likes them.

I don't wonder.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #45
305Baller
Dos minutos.

Hearts and farts they fade. Faaade awaaayyy....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: