Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #31
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: Tyrus Thomas fined for dunk contest comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Yeah, what did he say?

he said something along the lines of: "I really dont care if i win, iam just going for the free money."
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #32
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

here are the actual comments...

Quote:
Asked if he were excited about becoming the first Bull since Scottie Pippen in 1990 to participate in the event as part of All-Star weekend, Thomas barely looked up from untying his shoes.

"Not really," Thomas said. "I'm just going to go out there, get my check and call it a day."

Asked if an opportunity to rub elbows with some of the game's greats could be beneficial for a rookie, Thomas kept unlacing.

"I'm just into the free money," he said. "That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there."
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #33
naptown
Can barely lace up my sneakers

naptown has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No way.

Read the article. "Thomas makes $3.26 million. The winner gets $35,000. The runner-up receives $22,500. Third and fourth place are worth $16,125."

He's going to make $6K....still not bad lol. If they wanted to prove a point they should have fined him for the 16K. I bet if he was with most other teams he wouldn't have been fined. Remember he's on the anti-headband team.
naptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #34
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Bulls management=retards.

Geez being a pro athlete these days means you can't speak your mind without getting slapped with a fine. TT doesn't want to be known as just a dunker, he has a lot of pride, I respect that, paxson obviously doesn't.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #35
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1

Geez being a pro athlete these days means you can't speak your mind without getting slapped with a fine. TT doesn't want to be known as just a dunker, he has a lot of pride, I respect that, paxson obviously doesn't.

Uh, are you serious?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #36
TheBigAristotle1

Quote:
Uh, are you serious?

Yes.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #37
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

That's stupid.

Is great that we have freedom of speech, but you gotta be smart and not saying stupid crap either.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #38
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:

This is too backwards for me to get into. Someone else can tackle it
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #39
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

yes you're allowed speaking your mind, but it doesnt mean ur entitled to no disciplinary consequences. when Tyrus Thomas signed the contract to the bulls, it wasnt merely just to be a player, but he became a member of the bulls organization. Are you trying to really tell me that what he said is a proper way to represent your team and organization?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown
Read the article. "Thomas makes $3.26 million. The winner gets $35,000. The runner-up receives $22,500. Third and fourth place are worth $16,125."

He's going to make $6K....still not bad lol. If they wanted to prove a point they should have fined him for the 16K. I bet if he was with most other teams he wouldn't have been fined. Remember he's on the anti-headband team.

Yeah still makes out. Maybe he can say something dumb again and lose that? :
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #41
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Poetic justice? People say that term often.. but I've never ever seen a definition of it.

I know the definition of stupid ass though.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #42
TheBigAristotle1

Quote:
yes you're allowed speaking your mind, but it doesnt mean ur entitled to no disciplinary consequences. when Tyrus Thomas signed the contract to the bulls, it wasnt merely just to be a player, but he became a member of the bulls organization. Are you trying to really tell me that what he said is a proper way to represent your team and organization?

They have a right to make a rule, doesn't make it any less stupid.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #43
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

where did thomas say he didn't want to be in the dunk contest or didn't "want to be known as just a dunker" ????

you're making stuff up to defend this dude.

you = retard
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #44
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A scrub like Thomas should just shut up and be happy that at least one person involved with the NBA isn't completely apathetic about his existence.

Quote:
TT doesn't want to be known as just a dunker
Then he should, you know, develop some other skill other than jumping really high, which is about all he has going for him right now.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #45
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

hey look its my new least favorite player!

Quote:
Geez being a pro athlete these days means you can't speak your mind without getting slapped with a fine. TT doesn't want to be known as just a dunker, he has a lot of pride, I respect that, paxson obviously doesn't
how in the world did you derive that from his statements?

if he doesn't want to be known as a dunker he should:

1. say so

2. not participate

3. develop some discernable skill other than dunking
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: