Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #76
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tyrus Thomas fined for dunk contest comments

It's not the NBA, it's Paxson. If anyone should be f*cked, it's Paxson.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #77
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
It's not the NBA, it's Paxson. If anyone should be f*cked, it's Paxson.

I dont have problem with Paxson, I really have a problem with the so called "fans" who b*tch and whine no matter what happens... Cant have it both ways....

If they want a league where players use PC answers, then dont b*tch when thats what you get...

on the flip side, if you want honest answers, then be prepared to hear some things you may not approve of.....

If the fans dont like his comments, they should boo his ass when he steps on the court..

fining him makes a bigger deal outta the incident than necessary.. then you got dummies like some on here who start with "he should be grateful he's in the NBA" BS... you know like Tyrus won some sort of lottery when he was born that automatically pre-destined him to be a millionare in the NBA..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #78
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I dont have problem with Paxson, I really have a problem with the so called "fans" who b*tch and whine no matter what happens

Quote:
fining him makes a bigger deal outta the incident than necessary

So you do or don't have a problem with Paxson? The fans didn't fine him.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #79
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
So you do or don't have a problem with Paxson? The fans didn't fine him

Im saying, IMO I wouldnt fine him, I'd pull him to the side and talk to him about my concerns over his comments..

But, I understand that Paxson handles his team this way and since thats the case, he does things how he sees fit....

I wouldnt, but thats just me
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #80
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Whats gee wizz's excuse for not being in the league too?
He's not 6-10 with uncanny athleticism? I thought that answer was fairly straightforward.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #81
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
He's not 6-10 with uncanny athleticism? I thought that answer was fairly straightforward.

So no work is required to make the NBA?

you only need to be 6-9 with "uncanny athleticism"...

no need to learn how to play at all....

no need to play on any teams or go to any practices..

No need to seriously plan your life along these lines or anything of that sort

no need to do anyting other than be 6-9 with "uncanny athleticism"..

I always thought it took practice and a ton of hours of playing and serious planning throughout your youth just to have a shot....

who knew alls it took was a blessing from God and poof! you could start counting your money before you get outta kindergarten
Old 02-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #82
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

you know, i'm really sick of scripted athletes. some really behave like robotic answering machines. every answer is so damn predicatable. when a reporter asks them something, they usually respond with scripted and premeditated quotes. but are they really saying what they feel? right whatever. everytime they enter a press conference, it's like a stupid test to see who can be the biggest fake ass on the microphone. but it's retarded. this is the nba, and they are just basketball players. they play ball for a living. they're not lying polticians running for office.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #83
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So no work is required to make the NBA?
Can you read?

Quote:
I'm sure Tyrus Thomas did his share of work

I don't know if your purposefully being ignorant, but if you weren't, allow me to outline it for you: If you have Tyrus Thomas' genetics, you don't need to work as hard as somebody with Larry Bird's genetics to make the NBA. Considering Tyrus Thomas is devoid of any skill other than running and dunking, it's pretty obvious he's never seriously worked on a jumper or a post up game, but relied on his ridiculous athleticism to get to the NBA. There are tons of people out there who, no matter how hard they work, will never play professional sports.

EDIT: Nope.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 02-07-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #84
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I don't know if your purposefully being ignorant,

actually it is you who is 'purposefully being ignorant'

If Tyrus did his share of work like you say, then his height and athleticism arent what got him in the league.... his ability to play is

He made the league because he worked for it... period...

he didnt win the lottery at birth...

without the work, he wouldnt have made it anywhere regarless of his hieght and athleticism.... there are people like him who didnt make it....

if the situation was as you explained, they should be there too?

just sounds to me like some people simply dont understand what it takes to make it into the NBA or any professional league....

its not luck.. its work
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #85
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1

First of all..... Where does he say "yeah, I don't even give a fukck about basketball, I'm just here to cash a check and leave."?

Quote:
"Not really," Thomas said. "I'm just going to go out there, get my check and call it a day."

Asked if an opportunity to rub elbows with some of the game's greats could be beneficial for a rookie, Thomas kept unlacing.

"I'm just into the free money," he said. "That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there."

SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #86
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
If Tyrus did his share of work like you say, then his height and athleticism arent what got him in the league.... his ability to play is
You completely ignored what I said here:

Quote:
If you have Tyrus Thomas' genetics, you don't need to work as hard as somebody with Larry Bird's genetics to make the NBA.

And it's true. As I've mentioned, I never said Thomas didn't put in any work. But take away his athleticism and he doesn't even get drafted. His athleticism is the reason he's in the NBA, pure and simple. He has no jumper, no post game, and no defensive skills aside from blocks he gets from being athletic. At his size and athletic ability, you don't need to work as hard or have the skill that a guy with Larry Bird athleticism does. It's just a fact.

I mean, name his basketball skills:

Dunking

And...ummm....

The point is Tyrus Thomas is not an NBA player without his genetics. Or even close. To say that his height and ability aren't the predominant factor for him being in the NBA is just ridiculous.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #87
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

If Tyrus doesn't really care about putting on a great show for the fans, he should not have accepted the invitation.

This isn't complicated.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:16 AM   #88
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
If Tyrus doesn't really care about putting on a great show for the fans, he should not have accepted the invitation.

This isn't complicated.

Does anyone know who decides who the competitors are???

btw yes his comments were stupid but Im sure he wants to put on a great show...it adds to his marketability and gets his name out there
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: