Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default my top 15 QBs that have no ring

1. Dan Marino - 61,361 yards, 420 TDs, 86.4 rating - 77.1 rating post season - 9x Pro Bowl

2. Warren Moon - 49,325 yards, 291 TDs, 80.9 rating - 84.9 rating post season - 9x Pro Bowl

3. Fran Tarkenton - 47,003 yards, 342 TDs, 80.4 rating - 58.6 rating post season - 9x Pro Bowl

4. Dan Fouts - 43,040 yards, 254 TDs, 80.2 rating - 70.0 rating post season - 6x Pro Bowl

5. Ken Anderson - 32,838 yards, 197 TDs, 81.9 rating - 93.5 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

6. Jim Kelly - 35,467 yards, 237 TDs, 84.4 rating - 72.3 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

7. Donovan McNabb - 37,276 yards, 234 TDs, 85.6 rating - 80.0 rating post season - 6x Pro Bowl

8. Boomer Esiason - 37,920 yards, 247 TDs, 81.1 rating - 71.1 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

9. Randall Cunningham - 29,979 yards, 207 TDs, 81.5 rating - 74.3 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

10. Vinny Testaverde - 46,233 yards, 275 TDs, 75.0 rating - 81.0 rating post season - 2x Pro Bowl

11. Steve McNair - 31,304 yards, 174 TDs, 82.8 rating - 66.7 rating post season - 3x Pro Bowl

12. Matt Hasselbeck - 34,517 yards, 201 TDs, 82.2 rating - 84.4 rating post season - 3x Pro Bowl

13. Dave Krieg - 38,147 yards, 261 TDs, 81.5 rating - 72.3 rating post season - 3x Pro Bowl

14. Rich Gannon - 28,743 yards, 180 TDs, 84.7 rating - 84.6 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

15. Jeff Garcia - 25,537 yards, 161 TDs, 87.5 rating - 73.8 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

Last edited by -p.tiddy- : 04-11-2013 at 02:09 PM.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: my top 15 QBs that have no ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
1. Dan Marino - 61,361 yards, 420 TDs, 86.4 rating - 77.1 rating post season - 9x Pro Bowl

2. Warren Moon - 49,325 yards, 291 TDs, 80.9 rating - 84.9 rating post season - 9x Pro Bowl

3. Fran Tarkington - 47,003 yards, 342 TDs, 80.4 rating - 58.6 rating post season - 9x Pro Bowl

4. Dan Fouts - 43,040 yards, 254 TDs, 80.2 rating - 70.0 rating post season - 6x Pro Bowl

5. Ken Anderson - 32,838 yards, 197 TDs, 81.9 rating - 93.5 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

6. Jim Kelly - 35,467 yards, 237 TDs, 84.4 rating - 72.3 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

7. Donovan McNabb - 37,276 yards, 234 TDs, 85.6 rating - 80.0 rating post season - 6x Pro Bowl

8. Vinny Testaverde - 46,233 yards, 275 TDs, 75.0 rating - 81.0 rating post season - 2x Pro Bowl

9. Boomer Esiason - 37,920 yards, 247 TDs, 81.1 rating - 71.1 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

10. Matt Hasselbeck - 34,517 yards, 201 TDs, 82.2 rating - 84.4 rating post season - 3x Pro Bowl

11. Randall Cunningham - 29,979 yards, 207 TDs, 81.5 rating - 74.3 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

12. Dave Krieg - 38,147 yards, 261 TDs, 81.5 rating - 72.3 rating post season - 3x Pro Bowl

13. Steve McNair - 31,304 yards, 174 TDs, 82.8 rating - 66.7 rating post season - 3x Pro Bowl

14. Drew Bledsoe - 44,611 yards, 251 TDs, 77.1 rating - 54.9 rating post season - 4x Pro Bowl

15. Kerry Collins - 40,922 yards, 208 TDs, 73.8 rating - 75.3 rating post season - 2x Pro Bowl

DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The treatment of young Warren Moon is one of the biggest black eyes on the history of the NFL.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really thought primetime was going to have a Tony Romo mention in here.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I really thought primetime was going to have a Tony Romo mention in here.
2-3 more years, if still no ring.

No ring his whole career, he will be right up there next to Moon.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
pinhead
Great young streetballer

pinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Andrew Luck is already better than most on that list.
pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think you have Testaverde way, way too high and Cunningham way, way too low. I've never really considered Testaverde to be a good QB. 2 good years out of like 30 doesn't make him good.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I think you have Testaverde way, way too high and Cunningham way, way too low. I've never really considered Testaverde to be a good QB. 2 good years out of like 30 doesn't make him good.
Randell probably had a better prime than Vinny, but he has like half the stats...

it would be different if he was just close, but he isn't

longevity should be rewarded, you don't play as long as he did if you're Jamarcus Russell
Old 04-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #9
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

U spelled Fran Tarkenton's name wrong.... f a g.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 AM   #10
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Randell probably had a better prime than Vinny, but he has like half the stats...

it would be different if he was just close, but he isn't

Vinny's stats aren't really close to being twice as good as his, not to mention that Cunningham has a better QB rating, and has more pro bowls in far less starts. Also, you put Cunningham ahead of Bledsoe while Bledsoe's stats are similar to Testaverde's. Shit just doesn't make sense. And, well, Cunningham wasn't quite the same after his injury, but he was a better QB.

Quote:
longevity should be rewarded, you don't play as long as he did if you're Jamarcus Russell

Testaverde was just mediocre enough to be a starting QB for years and years. Longevity is all good and all, but you put too much stock into it. Actually, I'm going to take this further because I like trying to decipher some people's logic. You say Vinny has the better stats, so the only areas this is true are as follows:

Testaverde: 3787-6701, 46223 yards and 275 TDs
Cunningham: 2429-4289, 29979 yards and 207 TDs
Difference of: 1358-2412, 16244 yards and 68 TDs
(the yards and TD numbers are closer if you take into account their rushing numbers)

With that, there's no way you could put Montana ahead of Favre:

Favre: 6300-10169, 71838 yards and 508 TDs
Montana: 3409-5391, 40551 yards and 273 TDs
Difference of: 2891-4778, 31287 yards and 235 TDs

There's a far, far bigger gap between Favre and Montana than Testaverde and Cunningham. Montana's 'stats' are fairly close to being only half of Favre's.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

You know what, that I actually a very good point you have...maybe best point you have ever had when debating me

Montana to me is number one for post season reasons though, so it wasn't a complete hit...

I might have to dosome adjusting though..
Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You have a thing for compilers. Sometimes people compile because they managed to stay healthy more than anything else, or because their team was just mediocre enough not to warrant a change (or they were too overpaid to change QB's). Let's say either the Giants or Cowboys suck and get non title winning level QB play. It will still be Eli and Romo compiling numbers on numbers.

Although a lot of your list i like any list that has Kerry Collins in the 15 best anything hurts my head.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #13
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

well this is the same debate as in my RB list thread...longevity vs. prime years

I am old enough to actually remember Testaverde drafted by Tampa, even winning the Heisman...Jackass is correct in that the majority of his career he was very "average"...however the fact that he outlasted Randell is without question something that goes in his favor. But Randall's prime was better than Vinny's for sure, there are probably those that would put Randall over McNabb even.

and fact is, I don't rank Favre that high...

I think it is hard for someone in the NFL to aquire top all time stats without being a great player...and it is, Vinny overall had an above average football career for a QB.

and yeah the fact that Collins made this list shows that after 15 there isn't much...that is when Vick and Romo start to enter the picture, both Vick and Romo have had prime years better than most of this list, just not the career numbers yet.

I think on this list I am very confident about 1-4...then after that it gets a bit subjective
Old 04-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

okay I moved Vinny below Boomer, honestly I am not sure why I ever had Vinny above Boomer, I might have meant it to be that way in the first place

and I moved Randall into the top-10 above Haselbeck, which most would agree with I think, Matt is probably underrated career wise though

16244 yards and 68 TDs is still a lot to me though, not sure if Randall's prime was strong enough to make up for that many TDs
Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

okay, did a couple more tweeks

-added Rich Gannon, he belongs over Collins

-removed Drew Bledsoe because he does have a ring, and even though he didn't play in the actual Super Bowl, he did play a good deal that year...so he is off

trying to get this list perfect
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: