Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Who still Believes? (Something positive)

With the cushion of the first 5 weeks. I still think this team can find its identity. During the course of a season teams have transitions, seasons with in a season. Initially this was a 3 point shooting team (thats what people believed dont know why) now they have to find themselves again. It's not easy to find out what you are when 2 starters are out the line up until December and January and not having 2 major rotational players out. Before the season I predicted this team would win max 44 realistically 42. I wanted this team to hopefully win a playoff series or be competitive.

At this point I just want this team to become a scary team in the playoffs. Something that can be built on for next year. Win a series or be uber-competitive, dangerous in a series.

Every year this team gets blown up some how in the FO, coaching, roster. There are only 3 constants Melo, Stat, JR. This isnt the model for success. Grummy did a terrible job and he screwed up the season but his part is over. Now its about Woody, Melo, and Stat this is the hand that they were dealt what happens from this point on is an indictment on them.

I Believe this team can be dangerous and scary. I believe they can find their identity! They can win a playoff series or be super competitive based on the match up!

What do you believe? (Something Positive)
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who still Believes? (Something positive)

Well, it appears as if Kenyon Martin cam in shape. If he can be somewhat close to what he normally is, and Woody isn't stuck on stupid with this small lineup, I think we can be good. The sooner we can move away from this small ball stuff, the sooner we will start to get our groove back.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
NA2126
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NA2126 has no real reputation yet.

The best that can happen is Shump and STAT going back to form. Amare is looking better out there, more comfortable, kind of like his old self. But Shumpert, he hasn't been himself and it's been 16 games since he's been back? If he gets back to his old form, we can move forward with confidence. Especially if Martin shows up with some defense in the paint.
NA2126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Belief is waning.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Belief is waning.
The man said be positive! lol
Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA2126
The best that can happen is Shump and STAT going back to form. Amare is looking better out there, more comfortable, kind of like his old self. But Shumpert, he hasn't been himself and it's been 16 games since he's been back? If he gets back to his old form, we can move forward with confidence. Especially if Martin shows up with some defense in the paint.

Sorry Shumps old form isnt good enough. He has to improve his offensive game to match his old defensive prowess. That would boost the Knicks a level. That would make me feel confident about getting past almost any team if he can score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
The man said be positive! lol
Exactly.

Last edited by Rameek : 02-25-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The can be scary if they change their identity.

They need a post game, hopefully that will be Amare with Melo staying near the rim on attack as well, with ocassional kickouts.

3's dont win playoff games.... if that's gonna be their primary offensive weapon they will be going home early...first round early.

Get away from taking league leading amounts of threes and everything will be much better.

I dont think there is a single contender taking anywhere close to the amount of threes that the Knicks do, and those teams are actually better shooters from three as a team.

They also need to chill on the long two's as well, get closer to the cup, then they can be a major factor.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The can be scary if they change their identity.

They need a post game, hopefully that will be Amare with Melo staying near the rim on attack as well, with ocassional kickouts.

3's dont win playoff games.... if that's gonna be their primary offensive weapon they will be going home early...first round early.

Get away from taking league leading amounts of threes and everything will be much better.

I dont think there is a single contender taking anywhere close to the amount of threes that the Knicks do, and those teams are actually better shooters from three as a team.

They also need to chill on the long two's as well, get closer to the cup, then they can be a major factor.
The funny thing is most of the 3 pointers arent bad shots. Many of them are WIDE OPEN shots but this team cant make them. I think that prevents penetration because the lane is packed. I do agree they should focus on making more midrange shots. But teams are going to let them shoot long shots because they no longer respect the Knicks ability to make them.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The funny thing is most of the 3 pointers arent bad shots. Many of them are WIDE OPEN shots but this team cant make them. I think that prevents penetration because the lane is packed. I do agree they should focus on making more midrange shots. But teams are going to let them shoot long shots because they no longer respect the Knicks ability to make them.
It's not winning basketball, most team will let a team have them, it's not a sustainable formula to winning.

Miami in particular gives us threes even did so for the last two years.

You might wanna look at my post again...i dont like all the long two's either.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
It's not winning basketball, most team will let a team have them, it's not a sustainable formula to winning.

Miami in particular gives us threes even did so for the last two years.

You might wanna look at my post again...i dont like all the long two's either.
Re-Read what I wrote... I agree with you but those 3's arent bad shots. Most times its not early in the shot clock and they are hardly if ever contested its just no one can hit the side of a barn....

But they do have to take them because the defense will sag off too much.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 AM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

No team has to take.30 threes a game and 25 long two's.

If that's the case the team is not running an offense.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was wrong about this team. They aren't as good as I thought they would be.
With that said I believe we might get past the 1st round depending on the matchup and play a competitive 2nd round.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I agree with this. I don't see us taking terrible shots. I do, however, see us working for open 3's on offense instead of making the goal to be getting easy layups.

End of the day, you take what the defense gives you. When you don't have players that put pressure on the defense, that's when you become a 3 point hoisting team. If our guards step up and start driving the lane, we'll be way more dangerous as a team. In the games where JR and Felton are attacking, our offense looks so much better.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

J.R. is one of the best athletes in the league but instead of attacking the rim he settles for stepbacks and threes. That's my problem with him. He isn't the smartest guy but he always plays hard and is actually a bargain.
Same thing with Felton.

For this team to succeed I think they need to play hard every night and change their defensive philosophy. Don't switch everything,switch only sometimes when it's needed. Don't double guys in the post if they are poor post players and basically can't do anything with the ball.

Also I want us to get rid of the small ball crap now that we got Kenyon Martin.
Move Kidd to the bench,Shumpert to SG,Melo to SF and start either Kenyon or Amare.
Kidd does nothing out there,no point of having him starting and playing 30 minutes.
I was all for the Kidd signing but I thought he would be a backup point guard playing 15 minutes a game,not the starting shooting guard playig 20+ minutes.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Clutch switching isnt too bad normally when its not everytime down the court.

When you switch between Felton, Kidd, Shump, Melo the game starts with the Knicks at a disadvantage because they cant defend their position normally so any switch is an automatic mismatch.

Now that Sheed is out for the year its a blessing in disguise. Now the Knicks can just bring in a Center to rebound and block shots. Since Stat can not defend well eventually maybe Kenyon can be the starting PF. Playing a normal size team would be a blessing and it will help Chandler tremendously. Because the other 4 starters can not guard their position at least Chandler can get some help in the paint finally. Hopefully this will re-energize Chandler for the 2nd half push.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: