Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Midseason Adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical-24
Metta can be turnover prone but I don't see him as a real threat to our team's success. He's been hitting from the 3 pretty well this year and while his defense has suffered the past two years, he's still a committed player. He's only really ineffective when he tries to create his own shot. You would rather bring in Jamison to start? I much prefer Jamison anchoring the second unit.

I like the team the way it is. No real adjustment needs to be made rotation wise, our rotations are pretty nice. We do need to have Dwight in the post more, getting more touches and playing as close to what he did this last Boston game as possible. He was energized, fed the ball and looked great.

The team has been clicking lately and as long as we can play together as we've been doing, I see us making a respectable run. Kobe needs to watch his turnovers, same with Dwight.

To a good rest of the season and hopeful post season guys!

Metta's 3 pt shots have been misfiring after November where he shot a flukish 37.5% from that erea.
Dec, he shot 35%, Jan, 34% and this month, 27% so take away that November stat and....
What is disturbing is Metta is 6th in the league in most 3pts attempts , 6 shots per game is waaay too high for a player who is averaging 34% from the field.
The top 24 players with most attempts and I found ONE player who shoots worst, you know who it is?
Kobe freaking Bryant at 32%, atleast he took 100 shots less.
Again, this is one of my biggest complaints on their offense, the guys with the lowest FG% from the 3pt area are taking the most attempts. These 2 are combining to take 11 3-pt shots/game, making 3.7 and its not like they are just struggling and that they have shot 38% in their career
Clark is hitting 37.5%, Meeks struggled in the first 2-3 months has upped his ave. to 37.6%, Nash at 42%, Blake at 39%.
Lakers is 3rd in most 3pt attempts and yet they are just 18th in 3pt FG%.
btw, you are right, he is not shutting down anybody too. so what is his main role for the team?

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 02-23-2013 at 02:25 AM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 AM   #17
WhiteMamba
Can barely lace up my sneakers

WhiteMamba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
What is disturbing is Metta is 6th in the league
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #18
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But what's funny is everybody seems to think the solution is to replace Metta in the starting lineup with guys who would be just as bad if not worse from the 3 point line, lol. Plus then we'd be playing small ball and getting crushed. It just doesn't make sense. Blame all the 3's on the system. Like it or not, we're stuck with it for this season. Next season I think they'll have to make a change.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #19
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

"THE FACTS: The Lakers can't take wins for granted anymore. They can't afford to show up unprepared, unmotivated or unhealthy. They had another reminder Friday night of just how difficult it is to beat an opponent, even on their own floor and even when Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard have standout games. Bryant scored 40 points and Howard finished with 19 points and 16 rebounds, just enough production for L.A. to secure a 111-107 victory against the Trail Blazers at Staples Center."

Thats the first part of tonights game recap on NBA.com. And it's just true. We have one aging and one hurt superstar who play good, but the rest of the team is just not good enough. i fear Kobe will try to will the team to the POs by himself and will be physically done at the end of the regular season.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Metta's 3 pt shots have been misfiring after November where he shot a flukish 37.5% from that erea.
Dec, he shot 35%, Jan, 34% and this month, 27% so take away that November stat and....
What is disturbing is Metta is 6th in the league in most 3pts attempts , 6 shots per game is waaay too high for a player who is averaging 34% from the field.
The top 24 players with most attempts and I found ONE player who shoots worst, you know who it is?
Kobe freaking Bryant at 32%, atleast he took 100 shots less.
Again, this is one of my biggest complaints on their offense, the guys with the lowest FG% from the 3pt area are taking the most attempts. These 2 are combining to take 11 3-pt shots/game, making 3.7 and its not like they are just struggling and that they have shot 38% in their career
Clark is hitting 37.5%, Meeks struggled in the first 2-3 months has upped his ave. to 37.6%, Nash at 42%, Blake at 39%.
Lakers is 3rd in most 3pt attempts and yet they are just 18th in 3pt FG%.
btw, you are right, he is not shutting down anybody too. so what is his main role for the team?

You are on the money Tam, but 2 things to consider.....the guys who take the fewest are spot up shooters who can't create their own shots from 3 or are unwilling to take a bunch of shots.......and the offense is set up to take a ton of 3's. Do you really think a guy like Blake could even get off 6 3's a game if an opponent knew he takes that many? No, he needs to be wide open.

Like dd24 said....it's about this terrible system and philosophy we are stuck with that doesn't work.

L.A Jazz, yeah I'd bet anyone that Kobe is going to do everything in his power to get the team into the playoffs.....he's Kobe But I don't think we'll get there.

The sad thing would be for us to miss the playoffs and then Phoenix gets the #1 pick in the draft with the pick they got from us
It could really happen.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
You are on the money Tam, but 2 things to consider.....the guys who take the fewest are spot up shooters who can't create their own shots from 3 or are unwilling to take a bunch of shots.......and the offense is set up to take a ton of 3's. Do you really think a guy like Blake could even get off 6 3's a game if an opponent knew he takes that many? No, he needs to be wide open.

Like dd24 said....it's about this terrible system and philosophy we are stuck with that doesn't work.

L.A Jazz, yeah I'd bet anyone that Kobe is going to do everything in his power to get the team into the playoffs.....he's Kobe But I don't think we'll get there.

The sad thing would be for us to miss the playoffs and then Phoenix gets the #1 pick in the draft with the pick they got from us
It could really happen.

I really think Metta is being too aggressive in taking that 3pt shot instead of being judicious. The first 3pt attempt vs Dallas he took, his feet wasn't even set yet
Nash has helped this team's offense by being aggressive with his shots, I disagree with Blake, bec, whenever I see him play, he will take it. You forgotten already the 4-5 3pt shots he converted vs Denver in Game 7 last playoffs?
Going back to Metta, He can do other things like using his wide body to set picks (Nash was doing this the first several games he got back from the injury) or he can dive to the basket like what Jamison and Clark do when Kobe has the ball instead of simply lurking in the perimeter.
Also, there I have not seen Dwight "re-post" and actually get an entry pass!,
When Dwight passes in the perimeter esp to Metta, he would simply jack it up.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #22
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
I really think Metta is being too aggressive in taking that 3pt shot instead of being judicious. The first 3pt attempt vs Dallas he took, his feet wasn't even set yet
Nash has helped this team's offense by being aggressive with his shots, I disagree with Blake, bec, whenever I see him play, he will take it. You forgotten already the 4-5 3pt shots he converted vs Denver in Game 7 last playoffs?
Going back to Metta, He can do other things like using his wide body to set picks (Nash was doing this the first several games he got back from the injury) or he can dive to the basket like what Jamison and Clark do when Kobe has the ball instead of simply lurking in the perimeter.
Also, there I have not seen Dwight "re-post" and actually get an entry pass!,
When Dwight passes in the perimeter esp to Metta, he would simply jack it up.

Do you realize that our coach has always said that he HATES the post game......he DOES NOT want them to re-post......you do, I do, but the coach says hell no......so don't blame anyone on the team for that.

The coach says he wants a steady stream of 3's without even hesitating.....that is 'Antoni ball and I hate it!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The players are just doing what they're told for the most part.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #24
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Do you realize that our coach has always said that he HATES the post game......he DOES NOT want them to re-post......you do, I do, but the coach says hell no......so don't blame anyone on the team for that.

The coach says he wants a steady stream of 3's without even hesitating.....that is 'Antoni ball and I hate it!!!!!

The first several games he coached LA, he wanted them to run, run, run, berated Pau for lack of conditioning, he also tried to use 2 PGs including Darius Morris at the same time. None is happening right now, leading me to believe he can adapt. WE all believed that he doesn' care about defense and yet the past 6-7 weeks during interviews, he is stressing defense is very vital for their success...If he didn't care about defense, it would make sense to bench Metta and prefer Pau over Dwight when Gasol was healthy.
Do I like D'Antoni? Heck no. But again, Im still not convinced that this guy is totally stupid.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: