Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #136
BuffaloBill
WANTED

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Thomas Robinson traded to the Rockets

This is a good trade for the Rockets. I think Robinson has a much higher ceiling than Pat. TRob is a great athlete, good rebounder and finisher, also very exciting to watch. Asik and T-Rob will be a beast rebounding/hustle play combo. He could turn out to be a great player if the Rockets keep him and use him correctly.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #137
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

supe12sta12z has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
This is a rather weird trade. Shouldn't the Rockets want more established guys rather than an unproven rookie? They trade away solid rotation pieces for him? Weird. Must be for cap and next year. Not bad pick up either with T-Rob.

I like what they're doing. They're loading up on young talent on cheap contracts and they still have the capspace to land some veterans. I'm sure Houston is considered an attractive place since they are a young up and coming team with a solid foundation. This has to be the fastest rebuilt I've ever seen.
supe12sta12z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #138
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

asik, lin, harden, t-rob, parsons ........pretty damm good team......
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #139
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Patrick Patterson is actually a pretty good PF. He's a starting quality PF.

I don't think T-Rob is gonna be a star in this league. Maybe a JJ Hickson type of player.

Houston slightly won this trade. But its not rapage by the Rockets.

Don't let PPat's size fool you. He's got great range, and looks really strong, but is pretty allergic to rebounds. We were all hoping that Patterson could be a great POWER forward but if anything, he's a downgraded version of Scola.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #140
BuffaloBill
WANTED

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
asik, lin, harden, t-rob, parsons ........pretty damm good team......

And 4 of those players weren't even on the team last season
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #141
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Although I don't like losing T-Rob he's been really overrated on this thread. I can't see him starting in the NBA on any team anytime soon. But I could be wrong.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #142
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
Although I don't like losing T-Rob he's been really overrated on this thread. I can't see him starting in the NBA on any team anytime soon. But I could be wrong.

Hard to overrate a guy who was considered a bust before he was drafted by most people here. Most people thought he was a late lottery pick at best.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #143
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by supe12sta12z
Hard to overrate a guy who was considered a bust before he was drafted by most people here. Most people thought he was a late lottery pick at best.

Well when people say he's going to be starting tomorrow for the Rockets, he's a beast, he's the best rebounder, etc, etc. THAT would all be overrating him.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #144
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

Quote:
Well when people say he's going to be starting tomorrow for the Rockets, he's a beast, he's the best rebounder, etc, etc. THAT would all be overrating him.

No one said that.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #145
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax has decent reputationMr Exlax has decent reputation

Quote:

Damn I haven't read that on here anywhere. Who's gonna score in the paint for us though? I guess Asik will be the #1 option down there. Can T-Rob post up?
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #146
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
And 4 of those players weren't even on the team last season

rockets are trying to build a champion.......or what ?
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #147
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The reason people are high on the trade for him is because he has a pretty good chance to fit into the Rockets system. He will be a high energy rebounder/screener who will get to run the floor more on the Rockets. Its a scenario where he can play to his strengths while having time to develop his weaknesses.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #148
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Didn't realize that the Rockets traded away all the PFs. T-Rob should actually get some playing time, maybe he will get a chance to develop. Good for him.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #149
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

The best part about this trade is that the Kings only added to their 1000 guards when they should have been trying to clear the glut instead they added to it
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #150
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
The best part about this trade is that the Kings only added to their 1000 guards when they should have been trying to clear the glut instead they added to it

Positions or players on the court weren't a factor, just money.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: